What Is Love

❝You're My Pretty Boy! One Shot Cafe Featuring EXO [CLOSED]

; What Is Love

       “Listen up you little obnoxious monkeys, this is Mika. She is a transferee from the States, so all of you, don’t bully her unless you want to find yourself stuck in detention,” The teacher with glasses and a small black beard on his chin announces, shifting his head towards Mika. “Miss Mika, you can go sit next to Luhan on that unoccupied seat. He’s one of our sophisticated students in this whole high school.” He adds before pointing to the empty seat next to a flower boy with caramel colored locks. He’s sort of cute, Mika thinks to herself with a small smile before walking over to the empty seat next to the said boy named Luhan. As Mika decides to take a glance at his seatmate Luhan, she finds him sending her a light wave with a welcoming smile plastering on his face. 

    She’s beautiful, Luhan thinks to himself, averting his gaze back to the front to listen to the teacher’s discussions. A few minutes later, it was time to take notes which meant copying everything from the blackboard standing in front of the whole class. Luhan hadn’t always been quite fond with taking notes even though he was one of the advanced students in the whole school. In a way, he preferred everything to be summarized succintly instead of taking few pieces of information bits by bits because afterwards everything would still have to be collaborated together. He quickly takes out his notebook from under his desk, taking out a pen as well in the process. 

         As he begins to scribble a sentence from the blackboard, he suddenly hears his seatmate muttering something with a muffled whimper. “Aish. I forgot to take the pens from my locker. Ugh Mika, you are so stupid. Now, how are you going to write without a proper implement?” The female releases a muffled groan, softly smacking her head with her fist. Luhan, who finds himself staring at her couldn’t help but smile at how cute she was. He then takes out one extra scented pen from under his desk, sneakily passing it to Mika’s desk. When she sees a pen landing on her desk, she slightly flinches. “Was..was that magic or something?” She mumbles to herself with a small frown, and without turning to Luhan, she progresses on writing on her notebook with a beam of gratitude. Luhan, who witnessed everything just shakes his head lightly, a smile tugging on his lips. 

    Time went by so quickly that Luhan even found himself staring at his tray of mashed potatoes with gravy, cheeseburger, and a bottle of water expressionless. It was like one minute ago he was staring at the new girl Mika and now, he’s in the school’s cafeteria, walking over to his usual table filled with laughters, giggles, jokes, and whines coming from his large group of friends. He takes a seat on his usual seat, in the middle of Minseok and Sehun. Bringing up the cheeseburger close to his mouth, he was about to take a big bite, but he suddenly spots Chanyeol taking a big bite of his own cheeseburger at the same time, so he decides to eat his cheeseburger few minutes later, raising an eyebrow at Chanyeol. 

       “What, hyung? Can’t we eat synchronizingly?” Chanyeol asks, a questionable look on his face as he stares at Luhan. “N-nothing..I just don’t like eating the same foods with other people simultaneously.” Luhan stammers, twisting the bottle cap of his plastic water bottle. He then sips a small amount of water while his friends studies him with discombobulated expressions written all over their faces. “D-do..I have something on my face?” He questions with a problematic look, scanning his eyes towards his mystified looking friends. 

    “Of course you have a lot of things on your face, hyung. Like your nose, mouth, lips, eyes, chee—” Before Jongin could finish his sentence, Luhan held up a hand in front of him, motioning Jongin to stop talking. “Please don’t be sarcastic with me, Jongin.” Luhan states, wiping his mouth with a fresh napkin. Once again, his friends stares at him with puzzling looks. Luhan scans his eyes around again, somewhat feeling perplex as well. 

            “Hyung, are you feeling well? Do you have a fever?” Baekhyun asks with a look filled with concern as Luhan looks at him with an eyebrow raised up. “Baekhyun, I am fine. Anyways, why are you all looking at me like I’m Beyonce or something?” Luhan stares at his friends with cheeks puffed out slightly. “Well, the fact that you would always have food competitions with Chanyeol on who can finish their burgers first is weird and the fact that you stopped Jongin from being sarcastic because usually you would be sarcastic with him as well is utterly foreign to us.” Kyungsoo explains informatively, causing Luhan to nod and mouth turning into an ‘O’ shape. 

      “Anywhoo, did you guys see that new girl in class?” Zitao asks, changing the Luhan topic since the others seemed like they wanted to get away from that topic as well. “Yeah. Mika, right?” Jongdae questions clearly. Luhan who was scooping a spoonful of mashed potatoes shifts his attention towards his friends by the sudden mention of Mika’s name. “Isn’t she pretty?” Zitao plasters a smile on his face, taking a quick sip of his water. Nodding, Sehun answers, “She is definitely pretty, alright.” 

         “However, Mr. Shin was sort of favoring her when he introduced her to us. Did our Luhan hyung term of being ‘teacher’s pet’ got replaced by a new girl?” Jongdae questions with a smirk, looking directly towards Luhan. “Maybe it’s because of her glamorous beauty.” Jongin replies with a smirk as well, looking at the others. 

    As Luhan rolls his eyes in annoyance, he suddenly spots the new girl Mika scanning her eyes cluelessly at the whole cafeteria. Luhan finds himself staring at her again, not knowing why he was doing that. She’s so cute when she’s clueless, Luhan smiles sweetly at his thought, causing the others to look at him weirdly again. These idiots, seriously. I question myself for hanging out with them, he shakes his head, scrunching up his nose in slight irritation. 

       “Oh look, there’s Mika. It looks like she’s searching for a table to sit at, lets invite her to sit with us.” Joonmyeon pointed out, receiving nods in agreement from his friends except Luhan whose eyes widened and looking like he was a turtle about to hide behind his shell. However, the catch was, there was no shell. Chanyeol calls Mika out, gesturing her to come sit on their table. Like the nice girl she is, Mika obediently walks over to their table, sitting right across from Luhan. Luhan takes a quick glance at her, then immediately looks away. 

      “Ohhh, you’re my seatmate, right?” Mika recognizes Luhan, flashing him her signature smile to a flustered looking Luhan. Luhan, however didn’t know what the right thing was to do at the moment so he sends her a nod in response, standing up and extending his hand out for her to shake. “I’m Luhan.” A smile creeping up on her lips, Mika stands up as well, gladly shaking Luhan’s fawless hand before saying, “Mika.”

3 years later

          “I got a B minus on Science. Why must the world be so unfair?” Mika complains, a heavy sigh escaping her lips. Her best friend since 3 years ago, Luhan, gives her a small smile, running a hand through her straight hair. “You can always make it up, you know.” Luhan flashes her a reassuring smile, softly nudging her shoulder with his elbow. Luhan and Mika had been best friends for 3 years now ever since they’ve hung out lots of times frequently before from working on so much duo projects together that a strong friendship bonding started blooming. One thing that really helped their friendship a lot was the fact that they were both foreigners in another country. Luhan, being born in China got along with Mika who was born in the States and had conversations with her pertaining on things that they found intriguing in Korea and how difficult the language was to learn. 

       “I can always make it up, right. Lucky for you, you got an A+ didn’t you?” Mika looks up at her best friend with a beam, knowing how Luhan was so intelligent with almost every subject. Lips forming into a bright smile, Luhan stammers, “Well, you know..” Before Luhan could finish his stuttering sentence, Mika interrupts him. “Yeah, you did.” A smile then crept up on her lips, already knowing that she was never wrong when it comes to reading Luhan’s mind. 

     “Mika, what is love?” Luhan suddenly blurts out, resulting Mika to look at him with a confused expression. However, she answers it with a proper answer anyways. “Love is a strong word to explain. Feeling it explains the meaning better than words does. But, I’ll try my best. Love is when you feel an interest towards someone and when you lay eyes on each other, you get a certain feeling inside you that only happens when you’re seeing, talking, close, or with that person. Then, you find yourself being completely drawn to that person in no time. When you see that person smile, your day suddenly gets extraordinarily better. When you hear that person laugh, it penetrates through your ears and you feel like you want to hear it every day. When you hug that person, you don’t want to let go with him or her. When you kiss that person, you’ll feel sparks and fireworks.”

         “Thanks for that, Mika.” Luhan flashes his sweet best friend a smile of gratitude, placing his arm her shoulder. “No problem, Luhannie.” Giving her best friend one last smile, she leans her head on his shoulder.

     The next day, Luhan had a small fight with his brother at home so all in all, he feels immensely terrible. As he plops down on his seat, he releases a muffled groan, taking out his notebook and pen to take another set of notes for the upcoming test. He didn’t want to take some stupid test at all, but if he wanted the term of being ‘role model’ in the whole school, he unfortunately had to. As he continues writing, he takes a quick glance at Mika who sends him a good morning wave and a fresh beam on her face. Mesmerized by her smile, Luhan felt all his problems dissipating as a smile creeps up on his lips. 

    A few minutes later, the students tried to suppress their laughter at the teacher who apparently drew an inappropriate illustration on the blackboard, although to Luhan, it looks like the plant cell, which is what they’re currently discussing. Luhan notices that Mika was laughing as well, making him smile instaneously. Her serene, lovely voice ringing through his ears as he blinked a few times habitually, trying to snap out of his trance. 

          Right after the bell rang for dismissal time, Luhan instantly passes Mika a folded note, bolting out the door. Furrowing her eyebrows, she opens the note and begins reading what was inside. 

   Meet me at the rooftop now <3 

    Shrugging, Mika nods to herself and immediately walked up the flight of stairs to the rooftop of the school. On the other hand, Luhan finds himself walking back and forth hopelessly, a red rose on his hand. He knew that he likes Mika, no scratch that, loves her. Today, he finally regains the confidence to confess his hidden feelings for her. No matter what, whether she rejects him or not, it was always worth a try. As he continues walking back and forth, Mika finally arrives, letting out a light chortle when she sees her best friend walking childishly back and forth. 

        When Luhan turns around and sees his best friend, he immediately ran up towards her, pulling her into a warm embrace. Then, a sudden feeling of never wanting to let go of her comes to Luhan’s mind. However, he shrugs it off, remembering about the confession. “Mika, I’m so glad you came! Anyways, I brought you here to tell you a confession..” Luhan softly whispers and before Mika could utter out a reply, he rapidly kneels down on the ground, holding the red rose in front of his face. 

    “Mika, I’m here to confess to you my true feelings. I like you, in fact I love you a lot. Ever since we hung out together often, I realized that I maybe had some feelings for you. However, I just ignored it at first, thinking it was probably just some silly thing. But now, I came upon a realization that it wasn’t just a silly thing that was worthy to be ignored. You stole my heart, Mika.. I want to protect you, I want to be the one comforting you when you’re at your worst, I want to be the person that will make you smile like a child..So, what I’m trying to say is..will you go out with me?” 

         Looking at Luhan with a stunned expression, Mika picked up the red rose from his hand and brought it up to her nose, inhaling the sweet fragrance. However, she was surprised that the feelings were mutual. She has had a crush on Luhan ever since they met for the first time but she never confessed to him, thinking she didn’t have any interest in her in return and would easily reject her. Flashing Luhan an endearing smile, Mika nods and says with a beautiful smile on her face, “Yes Luhan, I will go out with you.” And with that, Luhan leaped up from the ground, quickly pulling her for a kiss in utter happiness. The kiss was gentle and lovely, their lips pressed together tasted as sweet as honey. 

     Stopping the kiss, Luhan stated one last sentence, “And this is love.” Flashing Mika a loving smile, Luhan leaned in and pecks her lips, resulting for the female’s lips to form into a pout. Chuckling, Luhan picked Mika up bridal style, walking over back down the flight of stairs. 


Hello! So first, I'd like to apologize for such crappy one-shot. This is probably the worst one I've ever did. My internet is acting like a freaking stupid jerk right now and it's being so slow. It's also 5am here right now and I haven't slept and I'm really sleepy, omg. Please forgive me. Anywhooo, I hope you enjoyed it in a way~ Feel free to comment down below your thoughts for this! Thank you for requesting~