My Lady

❝You're My Pretty Boy! One Shot Cafe Featuring EXO [CLOSED]

; My Lady

   It was finally prom day in Lee Seungyun’s high school, but the catch was, she isn’t even one bit looking forward to it. Of course, her friends would spazz over it, but she was different from her friends. All she basically cares about are books and books. She’s one of the smartest students in the whole high school, considering how her teachers insisted to give her an ‘A++’ but unfortunately, such thing didn’t exists at all. However, here she was in her house with squealing friends in adorable princess-like dresses, while she’s wearing a baby blue mini-dress with two separate braided hairs that were parted on her shoulders. She isn’t jealous at all no, she’s simply questioning herself why such thing called ‘prom’ have to exist. 

    “I’m really looking forward to this!” Yoona, a girl with long straight brown hair squeals happily, looking at her other three friends, including Seungyun. “I know right? I’m going with Baekhyun!” Taeyeon releases a high-pitched squeal, jumping up and down on the carpeted floor cheerfully. “And I’m going with Luhan!” Yoona adds with a smile, jumping along with Taeyeon. “Guys..I can’t go.” Sandara, a girl with blonde hair and almond-like eyes softly says, followed by a pout. “What..why can’t you, Sandy?” Yoona walks up to her, giving her a concerned look. Seungyeun sends her a concerned look as well, completely confused since Sandara’s already wearing a fancy dress for the prom. 

     “Because Chanyeol’s taking me there!” Sandara lets out a girly squeal, eyes enlightening like the stars in the evening. Both Yoona and Taeyeon releases a deep sigh of relief at the news. They had really thought Sandara wasn’t going to come to prom and that’d be a big chaos since everyone in school is rooting for Sandara to be the Prom Queen and her boyfriend, Park Chanyeol, to be Prom King. After all, they always receive victory every year, except for one year when Sandara caught a fever and literally nobody was there to attend prom, seeing that the most precious Prom Queen wasn’t going to be attending. Then, the three of them, Sandara, Yoona, and Taeyeon all shifts their attention towards Seungyun, who they’ve noticed is being awfully quiet. 

   “Seungyunnie~ Who are you going with?” Taeyeon smiles cutely, her eyes fills with curiosity. “Jongdae.” Seungyun replies calmly, as she watches her friends’ eyes widened in surprise. Kim Jongdae, or most preferred as ‘Chen’ as what his friends call him, was one of the most popular boys in the whole high school being a member of the most handsome and attractive boys in the school in the group called ‘EXO.’ However, he was also Seungyun’s best friend, a guy friend that is. Both of them didn’t have a good first meeting. Jongdae is the smartest guy in the whole school while Seungyun is the smartest girl in the whole school. For 2 years, they were rivals since one of them wanted to hold the final truth of who was really smarter between both of them. However, when one day, they got accidentally locked up inside the Science Lab, they had a long conversation and with that, they’ve started to hang out with each other more, immediately levelling their slight friendship to a meaningful one. 

     “Oh my god!! Chen is so totes handsome~” Yoona squeals, releasing a cute giggle. “I know right? But Chanyeol is more handsome!~” Sandara smiles sweetly, looking at Taeyeon and Yoona. “I know right? Omg! But like, isn’t Baekhyun the cutest thing ever? Ahhh,” Taeyeon screams in delight, batting her eyelashes cutely. “Yes, omg! Baekhyun is so totes adorbs, but Luhan tho!! Ahhhh, whenever I see Luhan, he makes me fall in love with him even more!! It’s like a curse, but it’s a beautiful blessing!” Yoona puffs her cheeks a bit, a pretty smile plasters on her face. Then, that left Seungyun wondering when her friends were going to stop squealing about their dates or most likely boyfriends. She didn’t even agree on going with Jongdae, but her mother insisted she needed to at least have fun on this prom night and at least somebody actually wanted to go with her. Seungyun does admit that she has a little tiny crush on Jongdae, but she never considers it as serious. Maybe it was just her tricky heart playing with her. 

      Just as Seungyun was about to head to the kitchen, a loud knock on the door abruptly interrupts her plan. Yoona, Sandara, and Taeyeon shared wide glances at each other, almost readying themselves to release another squeal again. As they fixed their hairs and gave questions to one another about how they were looking, Seungyun immediately opens the door, revealing a well-dressed Chanyeol, Baekhyun, and Luhan with red roses each on their hands. Seungyun raises an eyebrow, standing on her tippy toes to see if Jongdae was somewhere, only to find no sign of him. Baekhyun notices Seungyun’s perplexed expression and he quickly walks up to her with a smile. Of course, that led Taeyeon to wonder why his boyfriend was approaching Seungyun when he’s supposed to be giving her the rose, but she didn’t let her curiosity spread otherwise. 

      “Jongdae had an urgent emergency to do, so he couldn’t come here with us and pick you up. However, he told me that if it was possible, you could come to his house instead.” Baekhyun informs, causing Seungyun to raise her eyebrow again. “Did he really tell you that?” Seungyun asks, disbelief all over her voice. She couldn’t believe that Jongdae was that inconsiderate, wanting her to pick him up in his house in a way, instead of being a gentleman and picking her up from her house, like a normal considerate guy would do. “Actually, he also told me another thing. If you don’t feel like driving to his house, you can ride with us in Luhan’s car and we’ll drop you off to Chen’s house.” Baekhyun adds, noticing the disbelief and probably irritation growing in her voice. 

   “Is he really that inconsiderate?” Seungyun huffs a soft groan, rolling her eyes. “He really had an urgent emergency to do. He said he really apologized for such inconvenience, Seungyun.” Chanyeol comments, sending Seungyun an apologetic look. “He can’t just— I don’t feel like going anymore.” Seungyun shakes her head, plopping herself down on the cushioned couch. Her lips then forms into a pout as she puffs her cheeks. Luhan then whispers something in Chanyeol and Baekhyun’s ears as both of them sends him a nod in return. “Seungyun-ssi, are you sure you don’t wanna go anymore?” Baekhyun questions, a warm expression on his face. “Nope, I’m done. And to think that I actually thought of him as a gentleman.” She shakes her head again in frustration, placing both her hands over her face. 

     “Um, I guess we’ll go now. Jongdae really had an urgent thing to do and I think you should understand that. But, if that’s your decision, then we won’t force you. We’ll see you later, or whenever we’ll see you again. Bye, Seungyun-ssi.” Luhan sends her a slight beam, intertwining his hands together with Yoona’s as both Chanyeol and Sandara and Baekhyun and Taeyeon follows them out the door. Seungyun exhales a deep breath, the thought of Jongdae really having an urgent thing to do comes to mind. What if he really is in complete danger and I’m just being a total brat, Seungyun thinks to herself, blinking a few times. “What the heck are you saying, Seungyun? Maybe you should go see what he’s up to and yell at him for being inconsiderate instead of being a sulky brat!” Seungyun scolds herself and without realizing it, she finds herself picking up her purse and rushing outside to her sports car. 

    As Seungyun arrives in Jongdae’s house, everything looked great. The bright fluorescent lights illuminated through the windows, the lavender colored house being completely perfect like the way it was built, the painted walls being entirely flawless like always, and the whole backyard and front yard being insanely clean since Jongdae and his parents and the maids were total clean freaks. “I see obviously nothing wrong about his whole house. So, what in the world is his urgent emergency?” Seungyun asks herself, before ringing the doorbell with a light groan. One of the maids automatically ran and opens it, a wide smile on her face as she recognizes Seungyun, Jongdae’s best friend. 

     Seungyun greets her with a polite bow, before walking inside the house. “Is Jongdae here?” Seungyun questions the maid with a curious look as she receives a nod from the maid in response. “He’s been waiting for you. I believe he’s in the balcony. You should go see him.” The maid flashes her a sweet smile, pointing to the direction of the balcony. “Thank you. It’s quite a surprise for him to be waiting for me.” Seungyun comments, the uncontrollable annoyance about his inconsiderate best friend develops inside her. “Well, I guess you could say..he’s a little desperate.” The maid smiles again, looking at Seungyun. “That’s quite a surprise seeing that he wanted me to personally pick him up in his house but anyways, I shall be going now. I’m planning to go home right afterwards.” Before the maid could give her a response, she already stomps towards the balcony. 

     As Seungyun steps inside the balcony, she was about to shout irritating words but the lights suddenly turns on. She scans her eyes around with a questioning look, wondering what exactly just happened. As she blinks, she immediately spots a medium-sized rounded table with two plates filled with two slices of chocolate cake and two cups of orange juice sitting beside them. Then, a sound of a guitar could suddenly be heard as Chanyeol with a smile appears in her sight, a guitar on his hand. Her eyes widens, thinking whether she was seeing things or not. Baekhyun appears in her sight as well wearing a waiter uniform and a bright smile plastered on his face. Last but not least, Luhan appears as well, looking like he was being dressed up as Cupid with a heart on his all white suit and a fake bow and arrow on his hand. Then, Taeyeon, Yoona, and Sandara comes out in cheerleader outfits, smiling at Seungyun. Okay, I’m definitely seeing things, she thinks to herself, gulping her own saliva. 

  However, as she takes another step, Jongdae’s figure appears wearing a Tuxedo and a red rose on his hand. Seungyun finds herself looking in his charming eyes deeply as Jongdae places the red rose on top of her ear. “You look beautiful.” Jongdae whispers in her ear, causing Seungyun to shudder with delight. “Jongdae, what’s all..this?” She asks, scanning her eyes towards the romantic looking balcony, averting her gaze back on Jongdae. “The urgent emergency I was doing. I was preparing this beautiful sight for you.” Jongdae replies with a genial smile, gently taking Seungyun to the table. “Jongdae, I don’t know what to say..” Seungyun was in loss for the right words to say, but one thing she could say, she definitely wasn’t frustrated with Jongdae anymore, after all of these that he had personally prepared just for her. 

    “You don’t have to say anything, my dear. I just want to hear a yes or a no.” Jongdae remarks, standing up from his seat while Seungyun stands up as well. Jongdae walks up to her, leaning in closer to her face, resulting their noses to almost touch. “Seungyun, I’ve loved you ever since. Even when we were still in our rivalry stage. I honestly thought you were the cutest girl ever when you were giving all your effort to every activity we have done. However, I fell even more in love with you when we became best friends. Hanging out together always and laughing heartily at random things we came upon in sight, even that cute little plushie teddy bear that we handed to a child when she was crying. That time, it felt like I had my own family. With you as my wife, and our little child whether it will be Little Jongdae or Little Seungyun. I have been thinking of that ever since and today..I want to confess my love for you. As well as levelling up our strong friendship.” Jongdae explains with a loving smile, completely falling in Seungyun’s twinkling eyes. On the other hand, Seungyun just kept staring at Jongdae, too stunned to even utter out anything. 

       “Seungyun, I don’t want to be just your friend anymore. I want to be a man to you. I want to be the only one to protect you and be the one who will comfort and help you with every problem you encounter with. Seungyun, my heart beats for you. My heart wants you. My heart needs you. You’re my only one,” Jongdae adds, softly running his thumbs on her soft cheeks. “So today, at this special night with the bright moonlight above us, my dear Lee Seungyun, will you be my lady?” Jongdae questioned with a serious tone, a warm smile on his face as he waits for Seungyun’s response. Seungyun lets out a breath before replying with a beam, “Yes, Jongdae! I’ll be your lady!” And without even hesitating, Jongdae automatically leans in and kisses her soft lips passionately. 

           His lady, his man, everything works out perfectly in the end. 


  Hello! How was this, eh? I actually had another idea in my head but I thought this one was probably better than my first idea, so here it is! What do you think of this? Honestly speaking, this is probably my favorite oneshot that I have ever written and this is like the 4th oneshot I have written, but I really love writing romance and fluff so this was just my type of thing! I hope you like it as much as I do! And as for the side characters, you said that it was up to me, so there they are! I hoped you enjoyed reading this and please do tell me what you thought of it!~ Thank you for requesting~ I had fun writing this one! :D