Peter Pan

❝You're My Pretty Boy! One Shot Cafe Featuring EXO [CLOSED]

; Peter Pan

    “Aw come on Jenni, are you really sulking over getting a B- in Chemistry?” Jongin asks with a bright smile, bringing an armp up and wrapping it around his best friend’s shoulder. Lips forming into a pout, Jenni nods, huffing a light groan afterwards. “It’s a B-, I could have done better.” She says, shaking his head constantly as she brings up the test paper with a B- written on the top right corner with a red permanent marker. She feels like crumpling the paper and burning it with fire, but she shakes her head in disapproval, bringing the paper back down. Rolling his eyes playfully, Jongin ruffles Jenni’s hair and utters, “Come on Jenni, it’s just a B-, you’re lucky it’s not an F.” Finding herself turning calm with his words, Jenni slowly glances at Jongin who was flashing her a wide grin. 

        “Honestly, I would faint if I ever get an F.” Jenni releases a chuckle, gently leaning her head on Jongin’s chest considering that the male was a few inches taller than her. “Then, I won’t ever let you get an F then, if that’s what will happen.” Jongin’s lips develops into a sweet smile at his own words, resulting Jenni to meet eye contacts with him again with a playfully raised brow. “How are you exactly going to do that?” She questions, a curious expression plastering on her face. Exhaling a breath, Jongin replies, “By tutoring you or anything else I can do to help you avoid getting an F.” Right away, Jenni feels her cheeks turning into a light shade of pink and heating up a bit at Jongin’s unexpected response. 

    After a few minutes of walking around the hallways, Jongin finds himself stopping in his locker, rummaging through his scattered supplies in search for a particular notebook. Refusing to go back to class because she insisted on being with Jongin, Jenni stands beside Jongin with a curious look as to what her best friend was trying to search for. “Aish..Oh, wait! I finally found it!” Jongin shouts cheerfully after completely demolishing his whole locker, a medium-sized book on his hand. Raising an eyebrow, Jenni points to the book and asks, “What’s that?” 

         Looking down at the book on his hand, Jongin sends his best friend a serene smile before replying, “It’s a diary, but not really a diary. It’s more of like a scrapbook filled with memorable pictures, but to add to that, there’s also some special pages where you can write a letter.”

     Somewhat intrigued by Jongin’s explanation of the scrapbook slash diary on his hand, Jenni finds herself nodding with an impressed expression. “It sounds great. May I see some of the contents inside?” Jenni looks up at Jongin with her beautiful signature smile, eyelashes batting cutely. Jongin gulps at the sight of his best friend acting all adorable and finds himself nodding at the request, eyes still locking on her. “B-but..you can only see the pictures. The letters are..only for me to read.” Jongin stammers, causing Jenni’s lips to turn into a pout again, then she immediately shrugs it off and nods in an excited manner. 

         After a good 10 minutes, Jenni and Jongin finally came upon the last page or rather picture of the scrapbook along with Jongin’s abrupt interruption, ‘No! Those letters are secrets and only for me to read. Lets..er..look at the pictures only..ye?’ pertaining to the privacy of the apparently special letters. Closing the last page of the scrapbook in an abrupt manner, Jongin immediately clutches the book protectively on his chest momentarily before returning it back inside his messy locker and closing the door with an innocent smile. Then suddenly, loud footsteps were heard from the hall and without even realizing it, the footsteps got even closer and came into a halt. 

     Turning around, Jongin saw the tall, curly-haired Chanyeol with hands on his pockets, his signature smile on his face. Jongin rolls his eyes momentarily, oblivious to Chanyeol. Chanyeol and him are ‘friends’ but ever since Chanyeol confessed that he himself had a huge interest on Jongin’s best friend Jenni, Jongin finds himself their friendship slowly drifting apart. It wasn’t that he didn’t like Chanyeol having a crush on his best friend, well actually that was it. Jongin also had – still has – a crush on Jenni, but he was always quite scared to confess to her his hidden feelings and when the times finally arrive when he feels the guts to tell her his feelings, Chanyeol seems to always come in the way. 

             “Hi Jenni~ You look extra beautiful today, you know.” Looking at Jenni up and down, Chanyeol sends her a charming smile, biting his bottom lip up a bit. Cheeks turning into crimson red from being flushed, Jenni flashes him a beautiful beam along with a, “Thank you.” Chanyeol continues to stare at her with twinkling eyes, making Jongin feel utterly uncomfortable and left out, in a way. He hated it when Chanyeol would always compliment Jenni with everything, but he hated it even more when Chanyeol compliments about how y her legs looks like. It was just so stupid and inappropriate, Kai would always think whenever Chanyeol would compliment her legs again. He didn’t really consider Chanyeol as a ert, but in a way, he sort of was. 

      Taking a quick glance at a bored looking Jongin, Chanyeol quickly shifts his attention back towards the beautiful lady standing in front of him. “So Jenni, I was wondering..after school, maybe we could meet up and drink some coffee?” Chanyeol asks with a casual beam, hands still on his pocket as he waits for Jenni’s response. After hearing Chanyeol’s suggestion, Jenni finds herself shifting her eyes towards Jongin, then immediately shifts her attention back at Chanyeol. “Uh..Chanyeol..I would love to, but Jongin and I were planning to play some video games in his house..” Jenni explains, looking at Chanyeol with a slight apologetic look. 

         Looking at Jongin, Chanyeol clears his throat lightly, forcing himself to look at Jongin with a friendly composure. “Jongin..Would you mind if I take Jenni out for some coffee later? I mean, I don’t really understand why I have to get your permission about such matter, but if it involves Jenni’s acceptance then I will. So, what do you say?” Chanyeol, once again, tried to force his tone of voice to be calm and genial, but to him, it didn’t really sound like that. Glancing at Jenni whom looks quite interested towards Chanyeol’s question, Jongin thinks to himself for a second. Should I say no? But, Jenni really looks like she actually wants to go with Chanyeol, Jongin mentally smacked his head with a brick, looking up at Chanyeol with a reluctant nod. “I don’t really mind.” Jongin utters out in a nonchalant tone, although inside he did really mind, a lot. 

      A few days went by, Jongin finds Jenni looking a lot more cheerful than normal, in which he is completely happy with. When Jongin spots her cheerful figure with a beautiful smile on her face, he really couldn’t help the smile tugging on his lips. Yet, that leads him to wonder why was she so happy, despite her sulky mood few days ago about the B- in Chemistry. As Jongin closes his locker while shoving a few books carelessly in his backpack, making his way down the hall to search for Jenni. 

    As he takes a few more steps, he suddenly hears a familiar female voice coming from the music room. Blinking a few times, he quickly hides behind the white wall, trying to hear who the owner of the voice was and what was happening inside. 

          “You pathetic girl! How can you steal both Chanyeol and Jongin’s hearts? Chanyeol is mine!! I repeat mine!! You’re always sticking up to them like some kind of mosquito!! And with that, I really hate you so much.” Then, a loud slap was heard. Jongin himself recognizes the voice very well, it was Krystal Jung. The mean, flirty girl in the whole school who normally follows Chanyeol and flirts with Chanyeol a lot, but Chanyeol never returned the feelings. Therefore, anything that gets in her way with Chanyeol, she will do anything to get rid of them, along with her little squad. Jongin never liked her presence at all, nor does Chanyeol. 

      “Soo Jenni, I hate you so freaking much! Get out of my life!” Krystal screams in frustration, followed by another loud slap. By the sudden mention of his best friend’s name, Jongin’s eyes immediately widened in shock and he involuntarily kicks the door open, running towards Jenni whose cheeks were numb and filled with tears. Helping her get up with a concerned expression, Jongin’s eyes fumed violently in anger as he turned his head to Krystal and the three other girls behind her. Surprised by Jongin’s presence, the other 3 girls huddled together in fear while Krystal lowered her head, mouth forming into an ‘O’ shape. 

              “You – How dare you freaking slap her, huh? How would you feel if I slapped you? Would you like that? Never ever again touch her with your filthy hands if you still want to go home looking like a normal person.” Jongin shouts, flashing Krystal a sharp glare that made her shiver in horror. 

       “Jongin-oppa..I can explain..It was that she was just..” Krystal stutters, avoiding Jongin’s gaze. However, Jongin wasn’t feeling satisfied with his words. “Because she was stealing your Chanyeol away from you? The heck, girl. For your information, Chanyeol is the one who sticks up to her like a freaking mosquito, not her. Why are you expressing your anger at her? Go slap and yell at Chanyeol. The guy will never return your feelings for him, anyways. So, what’s the point of trying when you know already that you wouldn’t achieve?” Jongin looks at Krystal with a serious expression and raised up his clenched fist, but Jenni immediately gets up from the floor and grabs Jongin’s fist before he could punch Krystal. 

       “Jongin, stop please. Lets go now.” She insists, wiping a drop of tears on her cheeks, while gently pulling Jongin’s arm towards the exit door. Nodding, Jongin gives Krystal one last look of warning before walking out the music room and pulling Jenni into a warm embrace, a facial expression of concern filled his face. 

       As a few days went by quite quickly, Jongin notices that Jenni has been hanging out with Chanyeol every so often and he somehow felt like he was being ignored, but he shrugged it off anyways, not until he witnessed Chanyeol leaning in and kissing her cheeks softly with his own eyes. Jongin didn’t know anything regarding to Jenni and Chanyeol’s relationship, but it sure looked to him like they were close, maybe a little too close. However one day, Jenni approached Jongin and told him that she will be departing for the States the day after, which of course, threw Jongin off in surprise. And with that, both of them spent the rest of the day together, until Jenni finally had to go home and pack her bags up. On the other hand, Jongin felt..empty. 

1 year later

      Flipping to the next page of his scrapbook, Jongin releases a dejected sigh as he stares at the picture of Jenni with a wide smile on her face. The last time Jenni called was 5 months ago, causing Jongin to be filled with worry. He missed her, he missed her a lot. He missed seeing her beautiful smile, hearing her cute laughter, and feeling her presence. It has been a year since they’ve parted together, but Jongin never have once forgotten about her. He loved her so much to forget about her. As he flips to another page, he sees Jenni and him bringing their hands together and forming a small heart with sweet smiles on their faces. A pout forms on Jongin’s lips, flipping another page, only to find out that it was the last page of the scrapbook which consisted of the letter he wrote about Jenni. Shaking his head, Jongin closes the scrapbook shut, looking down at the ground. 

    “Hey Jongin, are you alright?” Chanyeol notices Jongin’s behavior immediately inquires, a concerned expression on his face. When Jenni left for the States, Chanyeol immediately asked Jongin why he didn’t stop her from going and then went on explaining that everything he did with Jenni was only to make him feel jealous and confess to her already. However, it didn’t go as planned and Jongin felt like some rotten tomato after hearing such explanation that his friend only did that to help him build up his courage. Taking a seat next to Jongin, Chanyeol slowly gave his back a soft rub. 

          “You know Jongin, if you really love her—” Chanyeol starts, but he was quickly interrupted by Jongin’s “Yes, I do love her.” 

      Looking at Jongin with a nod, Chanyeol decides to finish his unfinished sentence. “Well, what I was trying to say is that, I heard from Jenni’s mother that she’ll be coming back here in Korea today. Do you understand what I’m saying?” 

        Astonished by Chanyeol’s statement, Jongin’s eyes widened as he looks at Chanyeol. “She’s coming back here in Korea today?!” Jongin blurts out, not meaning to surprise Chanyeol. After regaining back his composure from Jongin’s outburst, Chanyeol gives him a nod. “I’m going to confess to her, I will!” A smile filled with happiness covered Jongin’s face and seeing it, Chanyeol could never be happier. “Go get her, buddy.” Chanyeol lastly comments with an encouraging smile as Jongin gives him a nod and bolts out of the room. 

      Jongin hadn’t gotten the slightest idea, but he finds himself standing in front of Jenni’s parents’ house with a pink (courtesy to Jenni’s love for pink) rose on his hand. Pressing the doorbell, Jongin fidgets with his fingers, feeling a bit nervous about him meeting Jenni after a year. He then wonders if she was still as pretty as before, although he doubts that anything about her even changed. As if everything was on cue, Jongin quickly sees a pretty girl opening the door, leaving Jongin staring at her dazed realizing that it was Jenni. Jenni looks up at him, only to cause her eyes to widen in surprise at Jongin’s appearance. 

            “Jonginnie!!” Before Jongin could utter out a word, Jenni already jumps cheerfully on him, legs wrapped around his waist and arms loosely wrapping around his neck. He couldn’t help but release a chuckle at her sudden action. “Well, I missed you too.” Jongin comments in a sarcastic yet playful tone, lips forming into a happy smile. 

       When Jenni finally let go of Jongin, he then drags her to the location of the cherry blossom tree just a few feet away from her house. And with that, he pins the female softly on the tree, flashing her an appealing smile. “Soo Jenni, this pink rose is for you.” Jongin says, handing her the pink rose on his hand. With a smile, she gladly takes it from his hand. 

     “Jenni, I love you. I’ve been hiding my feelings for several years now because I am such a coward. I didn’t even realize that Chanyeol was only flirting with you because he wanted me to be jealous and express my love for you already but being the coward I am, I didn’t. But now, I’m not planning on letting you go anymore. Jenni..this maybe is too sudden to ask..but..will you be my girlfriend?” Eyes never leaving Jenni’s eyes, Jongin questions, his heart beating like crazy. 

          “Jongin, you are such a dork. Did you know that I liked you all those years too? We could’ve been a couple already, you know. Anyways, enough with the past and lets think more about the present. And yes my prince Jongin, I will be your girlfriend.” 

     “Oh my god! You’re finally mine! This is amazing.” Jongin jumps up and down cheerfully, causing the female to shake her head lightly and let out a chuckle. “You are such a dork,” Jenni comments, then she raises an eyebrow upon coming up into a realization. 

         “Wait..aren’t you going to kiss me like what guys usually do when they confess to a girl?” She furrows her eyebrows in confusion, looking at Jongin who stops jumping. “Don’t worry. I’m planning on attacking your lips with gazillion kisses later.” Jongin smirks, resulting Jenni’s cheeks to heat up considerably, developing into crimson red in color. 

     “Jongin, you are such a dork, seriously. But wait, I thought you’ll get a girlfriend already because it’s been a long year. So, what exactly happened? You don’t mean to say that you’ve waited for such a long time just for me, right? If so, that’s crazy.” 

           Walking up to Jenni with a sweet beam on his face, he then leans in closer to her face as the female becomes flushed again. “Because I know that we’ll meet again.” And with that, he crashes his lips with her soft, plump lips, both of them kissing affectionately filled with passion like they’ve never had before. 


Hello! What did you think of this, eh? I don't know if it really interprets Peter Pan but I guess it does a little bit. You wanted romance, high school, and friendship as the genres and I think this is all I can give you! :D I hope you liked it~ Feel free to comment down below your thoughts of this chapter! This was honestly supposed to be finished few hours ago but I was distracted by a lot of things, so yeah. This is the longest one-shot I've probably ever written, being 3k+ words. I usually only go for 2k+ words, but eh. It's almost 1am so I'm off to sleep early, ha. Thank you for requesting~ And also, did you notice that I ended it with the ending of Peter Pan when Baekhyun sang, "Because we'll meet again," haha I do that a lot but anyways this is a useless note so ima stop and evacuate bye!