Miracles In December

❝You're My Pretty Boy! One Shot Cafe Featuring EXO [CLOSED]

; Miracles In December

    Carefully placing another piece of fried chicken inside the oily frying pan, a light beam creeps up on Jinri’s lips. Today was another one of those weekend days when she traditionally cooks meals for her boyfriend Chanyeol. Ever since Chanyeol and her had gotten together, she had always cooked for him, washed his laundry, and everything else almost a wife would do – except they weren’t actually married yet. As the sound of frying penetrates in her ears, Jinri moved a few feet away, avoiding some of the hot oil to get in contact with her sensitive skin. Grabbing a glass of water from the refrigerator, Jinri drinks the glass in one motion, smiling in satisfaction afterwards.

    Picking up the finished fried chicken with a flat ladle, Jinri gently places the fried chickens inside an unoccupied bowl. As she continues to settle other fried chicken inside the bowl, Chanyeol enters the kitchen wearing black skinny jeans, loose white T-shirt, sneakers, and a black beanie. At the sight of Chanyeol’s attire, Jinri immediately finds herself staring at her boyfriend mesmerized by his extreme attractiveness. Blinking several times, Jinri sees Chanyeol turning his head towards her and she instantly shifts her head back to the frying chickens in front of her. Chanyeol, on the other hand, raises an eyebrow in confusion, twisting the faucet on and washing his hands clean. 

     “Chanyeol, I’m cooking some fried chicken here. Would you like some?” Jinri decides to question, breaking the massive amount of silence engulfing the both of them, since it didn’t really make sense for both of them to be uncomfortable with each other and also to the fact that they spent almost 2 years together. Chanyeol stares at Jinri momentarily before shaking his head in disagreement. “I’m going to hang out with the guys today. But, thanks anyways for the offer though.” Chanyeol answers with a light sheepish smile as Jinri’s smile slowly falters and eventually fades, nodding at her beloved boyfriend reluctantly. 

      Chanyeol – being a talkative and an enthusiastic guy ever since – is part of this group whom liked to call themselves “EXO” consisting of 11 other boys and they are the most popular flower boys in the whole high school and in the meantime, they still are. Chanyeol is always around them most of the time as he is very cheerful towards them and will cheer them up when they’re not in their best moods. At first, Jinri didn’t really mind if Chanyeol is around them numerous times, but however, she notices that Chanyeol is hanging with them maybe a little too much. Perhaps, it was just a little minor feeling, but somehow it still affects her just a little bit. 

    “Anyways, I’ll be going now. I’ll see you later.” Chanyeol looks at her intently, eyes looking quite sharp. Almost falling into the depths of the male’s pearl-like orbs, Jinri gulps and finds herself nodding at the tall man in front of her. “Great! Bye, I guess.” Eyes almost twinkling like stars in the moonlight sky, Chanyeol’s lips forms into a smile filled with excitement, waving goodbye at Jinri before walking back to the living room, slipping his shades on, and stepping outside the door while closing it shut afterwards. Jinri finds her sight following Chanyeol’s figure, not realizing that there will still some chickens she hasn’t picked up and fried yet. Trying to keep out the thought of Chanyeol almost indirectly ignoring her, she proceeds on frying the remaining chickens, an expression of disappointment written all over her face.  

       She felt annoyed, disappointed, hurt, and most importantly puzzled. The Park Chanyeol she knew before wasn’t that kind of person she just saw not even 2 minutes ago. The Chanyeol she knew was a sweet, caring, cheeky, playful, and obviously very different from that. Jinri only noticed how Chanyeol’s personality and behavior changed only about 2 weeks ago. It wasn’t that Chanyeol seemed like he didn’t care for her anymore because he still gave her a few pecks on the cheeks and the lips, gave her some cuddles occassionally, told her some cheesy love phrases, so in a way, he still sort of did. However, Jinri could feel that there was still something different about Chanyeol but, she didn’t allow her curiousness decipher her questionable thoughts. 

   Turning off the stove and plopping lazily down on the couch, Jinri’s lips develops into a pout as she picks up a soft pillow beside her and clutches it on her chest tightly. Puffing out her cheeks a bit, Jinri buries her head on her palm, rolling her eyes in irritation in the process. She leans her head on the white painted bricked wall, letting out an exasperated sigh. The thought of Chanyeol rejecting her offer when it came to her cooking – and the fact that he loved her cooking abilities – was just too confusing. It didn’t make sense to her at all. Chanyeol never declines her offers when it came to food and to repeat that, Chanyeol never declines. 

         “Maybe he found another girl..” Jinri says to herself slowly, shaking her head instantly afterwards at the thought. “No, no, no, no. Chanyeol loves me. Chanyeol loves me. I’m the only girl for him. He loves me a lot. Stop thinking about it Choi Jinri, stop.” She repeats to herself reassuringly, releasing a deep breath afterwards. “R-right..?” She whispers quietly to herself one last time before closing her eyes sleepily, falling into a deep slumber, her mind and heart still worried about Chanyeol. 

      Weeks later, Jinri notices Chanyeol’s behavior changing even more and more. Nowadays, Chanyeol usually comes home late in the evening, sometimes he comes home drunk, he suggests that he should sleep in the living room couch from now on while using a bunch of excuses, and never voluntarily becomes intimate with her. In other words, it was like they weren’t actually really a couple anymore. Jinri just finds everything about Chanyeol so confusing, especially because of the fact that Chanyeol doesn’t really converse with her as much anymore, unless she asks him a question. Something was off but Jinri was indecisive whether to find it out or not. 

   Jinri, however, felt heartbroken. She loved Chanyeol and she knew it for sure. However, it didn’t look like Chanyeol still felt the same way as 2 years ago, so it made sense to start calling it an unrequited love. She felt like Chanyeol was very different now, so different from before. Somehow, she wasn’t willing to find out why Chanyeol was being the way he is because she knew that if she will, she’s going to feel even more hurtful than she already does. It was like being left behind by somebody you excessively have feelings for. It’s like she didn’t inherit any position in Chanyeol’s life anymore, not even being a girlfriend. She didn’t have the slightest idea that Chanyeol had this selfish, arrogant, and careless side of him and she swears that she couldn’t handle seeing it with her own eyes and experiencing it with her presence anymore and so, she decides to follow her own thoughts, thinking it was the best for her. 

       Few hours later, Chanyeol slips off his sneakers, entering the somewhat empty apartment considering the effective silence surrounding his own atmosphere. Chanyeol then arches an eyebrow, wondering where Jinri was at since Jinri at this time would normally cook or clean the whole apartment. She was one neat-freak and Chanyeol loved that character trait. Scanning his eyes around the apartment, Chanyeol walks over on the couch, taking a quick seat in the process. 

    Maybe she’s just sleeping, Chanyeol thinks to himself in hope, lips forming into a small reassuring yet worrisome smile. Leaping up from the couch, Chanyeol finds himself almost running towards the bedroom door, hopelessly hoping Jinri was sleeping or perhaps just inside the bedroom. However, that thought immediately vanished. As Chanyeol opens the door, he sees no sign of Jinri and the bedroom was also half-empty, his belongings as an exception. There were no sign of Jinri’s belongings anywhere, resulting Chanyeol’s brown orbs to widen in confusion. Noticing a sky blue (courtesy to Jinri’s love for sky blue) note laying down on the edge of the mattress, Chanyeol hastily picks it up, reading it out loud in the process. 

             Dear Chanyeol, 

                           Chanyeol..I apologize for such inconvenient..I didn’t really want to do this but my mind and my heart simultaneously told me that this was apparently the right thing to do for the best of both of us. Chanyeol, you may not know it..but I realize that you’re changing a bit and we don’t really do things the way we normally do before. You don’t even try talking to me anymore and you avoid me a lot of times. I really don’t understand what’s going on, but I’m not willing to know because I want to prevent getting hurt even more. It’s tough, Yeol, it’s tough. However, it seems like you want to break up with me and..I understand. I’m not the perfect girl for you neither am I for anyone else. I’m going to be honest here because you could say..this is sort of like a farewell letter, wait nevermind, it is a farewell letter. Chanyeol, I miss the old you. The Chanyeol who always wakes me up and puts me to bed with a bunch of kisses, the Chanyeol who cares about me, the Chanyeol who gives me a lot of cuddles, the Chanyeol who whispers sweet words in my ears, the Chanyeol who loves me and makes me feel like a princess. Chanyeol..I miss that. I miss everything. Nowadays, you’re just different and it hurts me seeing you like that. Chanyeol, I wanted to tell you something I received a month ago, but I don’t think you were willing to listen. Anyways, a month ago, I received an offer to study college in the States for 2 consecutive years and I wanted to discuss it with you but I guess it’s too late, so I guess you can make your assumptions. Chanyeol, I’m choosing to study in the States and along there, I will teach myself to move on. I hope you learn to do the same thing as well. Park Chanyeol, goodbye. And it was nice spending a good 2 years with you. Thank you for helping me learn how to love and I hope one day you’ll find your perfect girl who can make you smile at first glance. But for now, goodbye. And I’m sorry for everything.

                                                                                                                                                                                                           Choi Jinri 

      After reading the whole message completely, Chanyeol stares at the written paper intently, eyes widening and jaw dropping in surprise. Without even realizing it, he feels tears rolling down his cheeks, biting his bottom lip out in the process. He was speechless. He didn’t know what to say after reading such long paragraph about his girlfriend leaving to another country and also breaking up with him. However, he felt guilty. It was all his fault for acting like a selfish, ignorant idiot and not thinking of Jinri and instead, he only thinks of himself. Shaking his head constantly, Chanyeol emits a deep breath, tears b down her cheeks once again. 

        “I am such an idiot.”

2 years later

         Reading the message his ex-girlfriend Jinri had written 2 years ago, Chanyeol sighs, knowing that he hasn’t moved on from such sudden breakup, although it has been 2 years already. Chanyeol repositions himself, laying down on the couch with a small pout. He lets out a light groan, kicking the couch back and forth. “I hate life.” Chanyeol mutters to himself in frustration and rolls his eyes in the process. 

     “Yeollie~ It’s not good to hate life.” Baekhyun, one of Chanyeol’s members in the group EXO and also Chanyeol’s best friend, notices Chanyeol being all gloomy again before smiling sweetly and tossing a soft small basketball on Chanyeol’s face. Chanyeol rolls his eyes in annoyance, sticking his tongue out at Baekhyun in the process. “I hate you, Baek.” He mumbles as he tosses the soft ball back to Baekhyun who luckily manages to catch it with one hand. “Nope, you love me.” Baekhyun’s lips forms into a mocking grin, batting his eyelashes cutely at Chanyeol. Chanyeol only sticks his tongue out again in return, already used to his best friend being all mocky and playful. 

            “Ah~ Don’t tell me Chanyeol is sulking over his girlfriend again. Like seriously, it’s been 2 years now. I think she clearly has moved on.” Jongin walks out from the kitchen, a charming smile on his face as he takes a sip of his cup of hot chocolate. He, then sits down on the couch next to Baekhyun, right across from Chanyeol. 

       “He’s still sulking over his girlfriend.” Baekhyun decides to answer, a mocking grin developing with his lips again. Chanyeol sends him and Jongin a scowl, placing the note over his face, not wanting to see Baekhyun and Jongin’s annoying faces. 

     “Heyyy~ Who’s ready to go snowboarding and skiing? The snow outside is truly graceful.” Sehun, being the youngest out of all of them, skips out from the bathroom with an enthusiastic beam on his face. This boy was one confusing one. He usually has his poker face plasters on his face, but like now, he can also be quite exuberant. But also, when he’s with Luhan –one of the oldest members in the group– he unreasonably gets all giggly and happy. He was rather amusing. 

    “Well, definitely not Chanyeol.” Baekhyun comments, letting out a light chuckle as his gaze shifts towards Chanyeol’s figure whose face was still covered with the note. Chanyeol only releases a groan in annoyance in response. Baekhyun supresses a laugh, leaning his head on Jongin’s shoulder. 

            “Chanyeol! Chanyeol! Where’s Chanyeol?” Jongdae exclaims cheerfully, slamming the door open only causing the cold wind outside entering the house as the boys shudders in the coolness. “Shut the door!” Sehun cries, wrapping his own arms around himself since unfortunately he decides to wear a sweater at such excessively cold day. Jongdae rolls his brown orbs in a playful manner, closing the door after he decides to make his way inside their hangout room, which is actually Joonmyeon’s (the leader and the richest one out of all of them) house. 

      “Chanyeol! Chanyeollll! Park Chanyeol!!” Jongdae shouts, resulting Chanyeol to release an irritated groan, removing the note from his face as he gives Jongdae a glare for exclaiming his name out, even though he was only about 5 feet away from him. “I’m here! What do you want?” Chanyeol questions, still glaring towards Jongdae. 

     Smiling happily, Jongdae playfully takes a seat down next to Chanyeol, causing Chanyeol to emit another groan in annoyance for the umpteenth time. “Chanyeol, I have good news for you.” Jongdae smiles sweetly, looking at a now confused Chanyeol. “Let me guess. You moved out of your parents’ house and finally got your own apartment?” Chanyeol questions in a sarcastic manner, only to earn a disagreement shake in the head from Jongdae in return. 

            “I visited my parents back home today and as you know, Jinri and I are neighbors, being our house across from each other. To my surprise, I actually saw her and I greeted her ‘Advance Merry Christmas’ and we had a good conversation. I never mentioned anything about you though to avoid her feeling uncomfortable. But, I think it’d be nice if you visit her or something. You know..talk about stuff.” Jongdae explains as Chanyeol’s head jerks up and he instantly leaps up from the couch, running inside a room and grabbing his guitar, before plastering an excited smile on his face. 

      “Thank you so much, Jongdae. You’re the best!!! Thank you!!” Chanyeol involuntarily pulls Jongdae into a quick embrace and before the other could response to such sudden interaction, Chanyeol already skips out the door, his expression filled with hopes. 

    Chanyeol couldn’t quite comprehend what had happened, but now he finds himself standing in a few inch of rough snow in front of Jinri’s house, his guitar on his grasp. Exhaling a deep breath, he begins to strum on the strings of his guitar, slowly singing Weather Cast’s I Like You with his deep voice. As a few more minutes later went by, Jinri decides to walk out of the house (courtesy to her mother informing her that somebody was outside) with a confused expression, only to halt her tracks when she spots Chanyeol standing in front of her house, playing his own guitar while singing the song I Like You. Jinri stares at him, taking a deep breath in the process. 

              “C-Chanyeol..” Jinri quietly says, walking over in front of Chanyeol with a stunned look. Lips forming into a warm beam, Chanyeol proceeds on harmonizing, staring at Jinri with a serene gaze. Jinri, on the other hand, blinks a few times, trying to understand what she was seeing. As Chanyeol comes upon an ending of the song, he then slowly looks up at Jinri before immediately pulling her into a warm, longing embrace. Jinri could only blink, not knowing how to respond to Chanyeol pulling her into a hug, even though she knew they weren’t in a relationship anymore. But, in all honesty, she never moved on. Chanyeol was too precious to forget. 

      “Jinri, I’m sorry. I’m really sorry. I apologize for acting like a selfish, conceited idiot before. But, I’ve changed. I can assure you I have. For all those 2 years, I learned that I should treasure everything that I have because it hurts a lot when you let them go. I’m sorry for not taking our love seriously, I just didn’t know what happened to me. But, for now, I just want to forget about everything that happened in the past and focus more in the present. Jinri, you don’t know how happy I am to see you. I only played the guitar and sang I Like You, despite my deep voice, because I know that – that was the way I confessed to you before and I guess it’s a good way the cherish the memory. But, Jinri..I truly love you and I’m very very sorry that I treated you like crap when you didn’t even do anything. Please take me back..I love you so so so so so infinitely much.” Chanyeol finishes, taking a breath after the long speech. However, everything he said was meaningful and truthful. 

      “You..you love me? I thought you would move on.” Jinri looks up at the tall male, her eyes warm and thoughtful. “Oh, I would never. You are the perfect girl for me and no girl will ever replace your place in my heart. When you left me, my heart felt empty. I felt lonely and there was a part of my heart that was missing. And instantly, I knew it was you.” Chanyeol smiles genially, tucking a strand of Jinri’s graceful hair beside her ear. 

             “C-Chanyeol..I love you too.” Jinri confesses, pulling Chanyeol into a warm embrace, feeling teardrops of happiness rolling down her warm cheeks. 

       “I’m so glad to have you back, princess. I guess the beautiful snow is really graceful and fortunate after all. Now, lets spend Christmas together, shall we?” Chanyeol wipes Jinri’s tears slowly with the tip of his thumb, placing a heart-filled kiss on her warm cheeks before pulling her into an even tight embrace to keep her warm, long arms wrapping around her waist. 

                          There was a lot of miracles in December that occurred, but for Chanyeol, this was the one perfect one. 


Hello! I hope you like this one-shot! I actually wasn’t planning on finishing this one as of now, but I really didn’t want to keep you waiting. I’ve also really wanted to write some kind of scene where Chanyeol sort of confesses his feelings while playing the guitar and I find this one the perfect one to add that scene in. Anywho, this isn’t one of my best one-shots, but I hope you enjoyed it anyways. It’s almost 4am here and I’m gonna go to sleep now~ There were some angsty things here, I guess? This is one of my longest one-shots too! :) Please comment down below what you thought of this oneshot and thank you so much for requesting! Sorry for updating late~