Army of Cats.

An Old Friend
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The rest of the week went smoothly. Niel had seemed to back off Chunji, C.A.P had begun to take Niel out again and it was as if life was back to how it used to be. However, C.A.P. had not yet stayed the night which, for Chunji, was not such a bad thing.

Not only had Niel and C.A.P’s relationship happily started again but Changjo and Ricky had finally come out with their romantic status to everyone around them.

“No, it’s fine.” Chunji said begrudgingly as the four of them sat up on the school roof on a sunny Friday afternoon. “You guys go have your perfect, happy relationships while I sit here, forever alone, with my army of cats.” He was picking at a fraying seam on Niel’s blazer that was carelessly thrown onto the gravel.

Changjo and Ricky were cuddling up against the wall, Ricky sat between Changjo’s legs and looking up adoringly at his boyfriend who busied himself with tickling the other’s sides. They didn’t react to Chunji’s words.

Niel was busy highlighting lines in a script that sat on his folded legs. He sniggered at his best friend’s words and looked up to find Chunji sending disgusted looks towards the couple.

“You’ll find someone, hyung.” Changjo’s voice sounded, muffled from his face being buried in Ricky’s hair. “Girl and guys throw themselves at you every morning”

“I don’t know, Changjo, I don’t exactly see myself spending the rest of my life with someone who squeals everytime I blink.” Chunji ran a hand through his hair.

“What about the person you’ve been texting?” Ricky asked innocently.

Niel’s head shot up to look at Chunji. “Who?”

Chunji’s eyes turned up to meet Niel’s. His mouth opened ready to answer, when he got cut off.

“Oh yeah, I’ve seen you smiling at your phone a lot more lately, hyung.” Changjo remarked with a smirk showing on his face. “Who is it, Chunji?”

Chunji had 3 pairs of eyes on him, all asking him the same question. A ping was heard from his pocket and, instantly, Chunji’s hip had all the attention.

“Speak of the Devil.” Ricky giggled. Changjo chuckled along but Niel stayed quiet.

Chunji rolled his eyes at the comment and fished his phone out of his pocket.

He had be texting Byunghun over the past week. He had taken Chunji’s advice and asked him mother for the number. They had been reminiscing of old memories and each subject never failed to bring a smile to Chunji’s face.

-   “Hey, haven’t talked to you all day. You busy this weekend? We could meet up tomorrow.”

“Who’s Byunghun?” Ricky’s voice sounded itself next to Chunji’s ear suddenly, causing the other to flinch and scuttle away.

“Byunghun? You’re talking to Byunghun?” Niel’s voice sounded for the second time.

“Well, yeah, he got my number from umma.” Chunji said, preparing to type back before his device got snatched from his fingers. “Yah!” he called out as he grappled for it but failed. Changjo held it high up, out of Chunji’s reach.

“Ooh! He wants to meet up tomorrow!” Changjo called out and passed the phone to Ricky as he held the older back from chasing after his boyfriend.

“Hyung has a date!” Ricky sang happily as he spun around holding the phone to his chest.

Chunji was still bu

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter