The Discovery

An Old Friend
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Niel and Chunji walked through the school gates, talking like any other morning. Chunji kept his promise to Niel and made sure their relationship didn’t become weird after Niel’s confession that morning.

                    Niel informed Chunji that he needed to do something before the bell rang and left without giving any more information. Chunji leisurely walked around the courtyard in the front of the school entrance as he didn’t particularly feel rushed. He had one hand hanging loosely in his school pants’ pocket and the other holding up his phone, his thumb scrolling on the touch screen.

                    His attention was caught by murmurs and whispers behind him.

                    “I’m not lying! He winked at me in Biology yesterday.” one of the female voices hissed excitedly from around the corner.

                    Chunji smiled to himself ‘Girls can be so cute sometimes’ he thought to himself. He then walked, in a relaxed way, around the corner towards the voices. He saw a group of four girls huddled together. They had not noticed him through their whispers and he knew he would have to say something to get their attention.

                    “Hey, girls.” Chunji said with a friendly smile playing across his lips. He had to fight back the urge to laugh when he saw their embarrassed faces and wide eyes. He recognised one of the girls from yesterday. She was the cute, quiet girl that he winked at. Chunji could sense her friends didn’t believe her story so he decided to help her out. He paid most of his attention to her and sent her the more flirty smiles as he made small talk with the group.

                    The school bell rang indicating the beginning of the day.

                    “We have Biology together now, right?” Chunji asked the quiet girl. She replied with a shy nod and he cocked his head in the direction of the science rooms. “Shall we walk together?” He asked. Anyone would have thought she had just been proposed to by her reaction but in the end she timidly waved at her friends, who couldn’t believe what they were watching, and followed the school kingka to their shared classroom.

                    “So what’s your name?” Chunji asked with a sweet smile as they walked together.

                    “I-I’m Mi-hyun” she stuttered over her words. Chunji grinned at her adorable, soft voice.

                    “Nice to meet you Mi-hyun, I’m Chunji.”

                    “I know.” She said shortly. She realised how rude she sounded and tried to fix her reputation, “I- I mean… Everyone knows who you are… You’re the kingka.” She amended.

                    Chunji laughed his throaty laugh, “That label shouldn’t scare you or make you treat me differently. I swear I’m no different from anyone else. Others just seem to think that.” After a pause Chunji stopped outside of their classroom causing the girl to stop too and look up at him. “But anyway, how would you feel going out with this particular ‘kingka’ on Friday night?”

                    The girl looked as though she couldn’t believe what she was hearing, so much so that she didn’t move when someone was trying to get into the classroom she was blocking. Chunji reached his hand out, gently grasped her elbow and pulled her closer to him. He smiled politely at the other student who walked passed them. He then turned his attention to the girl who was now internally freaking out at how close she was to her crush.

                    He smiled at her reaction and stepped back himself to see her face more clearly, “Sorry about that. So, I’m going to take your silence as a no to my proposition then?” The girl then looked really shocked as she was brought b

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter