Coffee

An Old Friend
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Byunghun couldn’t help but feel awkward as he made his way past the two that were hugging in the hallway.

                    He was never good with dealing with other’s emotions; he couldn’t even deal with his own. Even when he was a child and he had to say goodbye to a 12 year old Chunji, he saw the hurt in his best friend’s teary eyes as he kept a straight, poker like face shown. He felt sad. God knows he felt heartbroken to be leaving his best friend but he didn’t know how to express his feelings. Sure, he smiled when he was happy and overly flipped out when he was angry but sadness had always been a struggle for him. He remembered Chunji pulling him into a tight hug and feeling the wet patch developing on the shoulder of his t shirt. All he could muster up was a light arm being raised to gently pat the other boy’s shaking shoulders.

                    He convinced himself that Chunji always showed enough emotion for the two of them and that, because they were always together, Byunghun didn’t have the need to express himself as Chunji always knew what he was thinking.

                    Bringing himself back into his surroundings Byunghun found himself in Chunji’s kitchen. He took his time preparing the coffee he promised, leaving the two roommates to work things out.

                    Meanwhile, in the hallway, Chunji had been hugging Niel for a long while until he thought it was the right time to pull away.

                    “Niel?” Chunji asked softly. “Do you want to go sit down?” He pulled away and held his roommate at arm’s length. Chunji attempted to send a reassuring smile to the defeated looking eyes of Niel’s before gently encouraging Niel to go back into the living room. He switched the light on, bathing the room in a homely yellow glow, before sitting next to a conquered looking Niel. He had his face cradled in his hands and his pointed elbows dug into his knees. He didn’t move when he felt the cushions move beneath him, signalling Chunji had sat down.

                    Niel felt a soft and comforting hand on his back that traced up and down his spine and sensed the presence of Chunji’s soft head of hair tickling the side of his neck. His took his face out of his hands, turned his attention to Chunji and smiled at the sight. Chunji had laid his head on Niel’s shoulder and had his eyes dropped closed as he continued to repeat the pattern of up and down across Niel’s back.

                    “It’ll be ok, Niel.” Chunji murmured. “Just try and take your mind off it”

                    Niel always saw Chunji’s good looks. ‘Who couldn’t?’ he would think to himself. But this moment right now was different. Somehow this perspective and this scene made Niel forget about Minsoo and the phone call and the distress he had just been through. He just looked at his roommate’s face, his roommate’s perfect face.

                    ‘Even with his beautiful eyes closed you can tell he’s gorgeous.’ Niel thought to himself as he let his eyes trace over Chunji’s features and allowing a small smile to grace his lips. He laughed lightly at his own thought and, immediately after, pushed his nose and mouth into Chunji’s soft, dark hair.

                    Chunji whipped his eyes open when he heard the quiet, breathy laugh that came from the boy beside him and instantly felt pressure on his head. He felt Niel nuzzling his face into the crown of his head. Chunji pushed his own head up and off Niel’s shoulder to look at the other boy in the eyes. Unexpectedly Niel’s eyes were open and ready to be seen.

                    Niel’s pupils had dilated in the low lighting leaving his eyes to have a peculiar yet captivating theme about them. They looked less like graceful cat’s eyes now and more like a predator’s.

                    Chunji knew what was happening, he knew he should stop it but his body didn’t act upon his thoughts. It let Niel come closer, it wanted Niel to come closer. If his heart could have, it would have pulled Niel closer. Chunji saw Niel’s big eyes slip closed and it was only then did Chunji really realise how close the two had become. Their noses were millimetres from touching and their hair that fell across their foreheads had intermingled in a flush of brunette and honey blonde.

                    Their noses finally touched sending a sense of relief throughout the atmosphere yet still creating more tension. The two were now anticipating the next touch of lips. Slowly their noses slid across each other and eventually reached its limit. They were both breathing hard, Niel’s eyes were closed but Chunji’s had been wide open the whole time. Their breath intermingled and the hot anticipation of space between their lips just made the wait intolerable. Niel’

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter