Who?

An Old Friend
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

                   Chunji didn’t know what to do as he recognised the person leaning against the black car as CAP. He couldn’t do anything or say anything as Minsoo looked up and saw the both of them staring back at him. He instantly, pulled himself off the car and walked purposefully towards the two of them, keeping eye contact with Niel the whole time.

                    CAP quickly reached out a hand when he got to touching distance with Niel and attempted to take his hand. Niel hadn’t broken his gaze with Minsoo’s and the instance he felt the light touch on his hand he pulled his arm out of reach, as if it were reflex. Niel turned his gaze down to almost glare at Minsoo’s hand, as if it were stepping over a boundary. CAP did not bother trying to hide the hurt from his features.

                    “Niel…” Minsoo said quietly as if this were an intimate moment between the two.

                    Niel didn’t reply with words and deliberately tried to push his gaze to the ground.

                    “Niel, please, I missed you so much” CAP sounded desperate.

                    Niel had to squeeze his eyes shut at the sound and couldn’t stop himself as he pulled his face up to see Minsoo’s broken one.

                    “Please say something, Niel”

                    Niel’s bottom lip quivered as if attempting to make himself say something, anything. After a minute pause he took in a deep breath and finally spoke, “It’s only been a few days, Minsoo, stop being such a drama queen”

                    CAP let out a relieved and long-awaited sigh and finally let his face break into a small smile, “A few days of thinking I’d never see you again. A few days is too long.” CAP came forward and finally took Niel’s hand lightly without having Niel pull away. He cupped the other’s hand in both of his and slowly brought it to his lips, kissing the knuckles.

                    Niel showed no reaction other than a slight parting of the lips. As soon as he saw CAP lean closer he pulled his hand out of the elder’s and hung it by his side once more.    

                    CAP looked defeated and his smile vanished, “Can we at least have some time to talk?” CAP glanced quickly at Chunji, who had been silently watching the whole thing with a slightly astonished expression, and amended his words, “You know” Cap began as he turned his attention back to Niel and lowered his voice, “Alone?”

                    Niel frowned at his words and quickly shared a worried glance with Chunji to which the other replied with a gentle smile. Without looking back at Minsoo Niel said “Let me talk to Chunji first and began walking over to his best friend.

                    “Everything ok?” Chunji asked when he saw Niel making his way over.

                    “He wants to talk to me alone.” Niel stated.

                    “That’s awesome” Chunji replied smiling and patting Niel’s shoulder.

                    “Awesome? What about you?” Niel asked as he attempted to shrug Chunji’s hand off.

                    Chunji’s arm fell, “What about me?” Chunji chuckled.

                    ‘What about us?’ Niel thought. “You know, like, I don’t know if we’ll be eating… I don’t want you to wait up for me.” Niel lied as he brought a hand to the back of his head.

                    “For God’s sake, Niel, just go and don’t think about me.” Chunji laughed.

                    ‘That’s not possible.’ Niel thought.

                    “You know you love him, Niel” Chunji said, lowering his voice. “Just go ahead and do it.”

                    Niel looked back at CAP who was watching them expectantly. His heart instantly sped up at the sight of a vulnerable CAP. A Bang Minsoo who almost looked cute.

                    NIel let out a sigh and looked back at Chunji. “Ok, I won’t be long ok?” he assured his roommate.

                    “Just go and have fun” Chunji winked and begun to walk down the road. As he passed CAP he leaned in to tell him something. “He still has school tomorrow don’t bring him back past curfew.”

                    Minsoo chuckled, “Yes, Umma.”

                    After sending a quick to the two of them Chunji carried on down the road to go home. Niel silently stepped back to CAP, “So where are we going?” he enquired.

                    “I don’t actually know, I hadn’t thought this far ahead.” CAP frowned at his feet.

                    Niel laughed for the first time, a noise that struck fluttering chords in CAP’s chest. “Pabo.” Niel stated and he began walking.

                    “Where are you going?” CAP called.

                    “Walking.” Niel said without turning around.

                    “But I have a car.”

                    Niel span around gracefully on dancers feet and smiled “A walk will do you good. You look like hell.” He said before walking again.

                    CAP did look like hell. He had bags under his eyes, pale skin and messy hair as if he hadn’t slept since Friday night. He probably hadn’t. His tired looking face broke into an exhausted smile as he moved towards Niel.

                    “I missed you so much” he said almost sounding like he was talking to himself.

                    Niel decided to pretend not to hear his words and acted oblivious as he walked.

                    CAP had noti

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter