The Hot One.

An Old Friend
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The day was like any other; Chunji went through his lessons as he always did and thankfully did not gain any more detention slips. Niel and Changjo were missing for the first part of the lunch hour so Chunji was left alone with Ricky on the roof. Chunji assumed Niel was following his advice and talking to Changjo about his problem. To avoid over thinking the situation he just helped Ricky with some of his school work.

                    Chunji walked home alone as Niel had to pick something up from CAP’s apartment. Chunji reached home, showered, changed out of his uniform and went to get a snack from the kitchen. As he looked through the cupboards he saw the note he wrote to himself. “Remember to call umma.”

                    After grabbing an apple Chunji took the wireless house phone and sat at the kitchen table. The beeps of his fingers pressing the numbers broke through the silence of the empty room. As it began calling, Chunji stood up and began walking around the kitchen. A habit he’s always had was pacing while on the phone.

                    “Yoboseyo?” A young female voice spoke.

                    “Jinsu?” Chunji’s deep voice replied. “It’s me Chanhee”

                    “Oh hey, Chanhee” the girl said lightening her voice a little more.

                    “Chanhee?!” A voice of another female was heard on the other end of the phone.

                    Chunji laughed into the receiver, “Can I get umma on the phone please Jinsu?”

                    “Just try and stop her” the girl replied sounding as though she was rolling her eyes.

                    A rustling sound was heard, probably the sound of the phone being passed from person to person.

                    “Oh my little Channie!” an older woman cooed into the phone, “How are you? Are you doing ok on your own? You can move back if you ever find it hard. You know that.”

                    Chunji laughed at his mother’s dramatic voice as he ran his fingers through his damp hair and carried on pacing the house, “I’m doing great umma. I’m not on my own, remember, I live with Niel.” Speak of the devil, Chunji heard the door open and saw Niel come in and close the door behind him.

                    Chunji smiled widely and nodded, as greeting, to his best friend. He then carried on pacing around the rooms. Niel smiled at Chunji’s habit and went upstairs to shower and change his clothes.

                    “Ah yes the one with the lips!” Chunji’s umma commented.

                    Chunji laughed “Yes, Niel, the one with the lips.” He said this loudly enough so Niel could hear from upstairs.

                    A muffled “Yah!” could be heard from the bathroom and Chunji giggled to himself.

                    “Yes, the one with the long hair…” the woman commented again as if she was still attempting to remember.

                    “The hot one?” The voice, Jinsu, was heard in the background.

                    “I hope you’re eating well.” The older woman worried, ignoring the girl’s question. “You know how I worry about you.”

                    “I’m doing fine umma, trust me.” Chunji reassured her. “I just wanted to call to you ask you something that popped up in my thoughts the other day.”

                    “Ask away, Jagi”

                    “You know the other Lee family? Have you heard much from them?”

                    “Ah! Ani-ya, I had forgotten about them it’s been years!”

                    “Yeah they moved away like… 6 years ago, right?”

                    “Awwh their little boy adored you so much, as you did him! I s

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter