Forever Is Too Long

Forever Is Too Long

Chapter 2

 

Yuri tugged at her plum tie neck halter dress & waited uneasily for her new manager to come out, ‘I really shouldn’t have worn this dress?’ Yuri thought, ‘What if the manager thinks its too short?' But this was the only good dress she had.

 

Her eyes wandered around the store. It was beautifully decorated with flowers & exotic plants everywhere. There was even a gurgling fountain in the corner. A fragrant aroma aded the air which smelt better than any perfume ever could. Yuri’s delighted eyes took in the exquisite scenery eagerly.


“Wow." She whispered, “Maybe this wasn’t a bad idea after all. I love this place already."


“You love it?" A masculine voice asked, from behind her.

 

“Yes, I do." Yuri said sincerely, as she turned around & looked right into the hazel brown, almond-shaped eyes of her new boss. His short, dark brown hair was split to the side & he was looking at her with a slightly smiling expression which Yuri would later on learn that was very rare for him. He wore a black extra slim geo printed shirt that covered his lean, muscular body & dark rocco slim fit straight leg lean.


‘He doesn’t look like what I expected at all.' Yuri thought, ‘Why, he can’t be much older than I am.' She blushed deeply, staring at his well-built figure, feeling her heart rate increase. She looked down, tearing her eyes away from him with effort, ‘Get a grip on yourself, Yuri.' She told herself severely, ‘Stop being so sensitive.' Jaejoong fumed as his secretary yelled after him, something about a Choi of another, ‘New employee with a last name Choi? Why can’t I get away from that name? & why didn’t anyone tell me someone was coming in?' Jaejoong strode angrily into the shop, ‘I thought I was the boss.'

 

He entered his store & felt his nerves relax as his eyes met the world of nature & the soothing sound of the gurgling fountain filled his ear. Jaejoong loved nature. It had remained his only friend over the years, ever changing, yet the same routine year after year. It gave him hope that maybe, just maybe, one day, his only dream would come true.

 

Suddenly, Jaejoong noticed a young woman standing in the middle of his carefully cut flowers, ‘Is she lost? The place isn’t that big.' Jaejoong thought, walking towards her.

 

“I love this place already." Jaejoong reached her in time to hear her say softly, ‘What is she talking about?' Jaejoong wondered, “You love it?" He asked, out loud.


“Yes, I do." She turned around, looking at him confidently through a pair of eyes. Jaejoong had never met anyone like her. Her beauty was captivating, of course, with her baby pink lips, mid-back length, curly light brown hair & eyes but what really drew him to look at her closely was a feeling of deep pain that surrounded her. Despite her confidence, he distinctly felt from her the same everlasting pain that he experienced so very often himself.

 

Jaejoong colored faintly, ‘Must be the aftermath of my anger.' He reasoned, “May I help you?" He asked politely.


“I...I came to work here.” The girl said, looking at the floor, her melodious voice captivating Jaejoong further still.

 

He stared, ‘Was this the Choi?'

 

“Are you Ms. Choi?' He asked again, trying to make her look up. To catch that energized glance suppressed under a layer of demureness.

 

“I’m Kwon Yuri." She said, looking directly into his eyes.

 

'Kwon? But I thought we were supposed to have the Choi.' Jaejoong muttered to himself. Then he remembered reading a resume with a name Kwon, “Oh. Right then." What was his secretary talking about? What Choi was there?


“Welcome to everlasting boutique." Jaejoong said formally, struggling to regain his dignity in front of this unique girl.

 

Yuri’s eyes widened, “You mean I’m hired? But the interview.” She trailed off.


“Never mind that." Jaejoong waved his hand impatiently, “Your resume was good & you have said yourself that you love this place. That’s good enough, don’t you think so?" He eyed her with twinkling eyes.

 

Yuri nodded, trying to smile, blushing uncomfortably under him gaze, “But." ‘Yuri! What is wrong with you?! You haven’t uttered a single complete phrase since your boss arrived!' She scolded herself, “That’s great." Yuri said, striving for a bright tone, ignoring the silly fluttering in her stomach.

 

Jaejoong smiled appreciatively as Yuri’s eyes lit up with her smile. He had no idea why he just hired her. He was usually very picky with his employees, making sure they would care for his precious plants the way he did, ‘Maybe it was fate?’ Jaejoong thought, ‘Telling me I should try again.'

 

Jaejoong sat on his balcony, watching as the last ray of the sun disappeared. One of the reasoned he had bought this house was because of the wonderful view of the ocean. The ocean that, when stormy, sympathized with him but also led him to the memories of the past, a past he wanted to bury forever.

 

He had half succeeded, putting that memory behind him forever, pretending everything was normal. He could if he tried, forget about everything that had occurred, that led him to the miserable state he was in now & then, Yuri walked into his life. The day she walked into the store, all those indescribable feelings & emotions inside his heart resurfaced, along with those memories of the past.

 

*Flashback*

 

“I do love you.” The girl purred. She was half , with long, tangled, matted blonde hair & sweat beads glistening on her forehead.

 

Jaejoong could only stand motionless. It was all he could do to keep standing. Disbelief. Anger. Passion. Confusion, all rolled over each other as he stared at the man in Bitna’s bed. He barely heard his fiance as she had the guts to proclaim her undying love for him. Jaejoong felt himself blacking out & remembered the importance of breathing at the last moment, ‘Why?’ His mind asked, over & over, intertwined with the statement of, ‘No, its not true. It can’t be.’ He had sacrificed so much to be with her. He had given up his old way of life. His rich, loving but stubborn parents & his respective title just to be with her.

 

Jaejoong’s mind spun while Bitna gazed at him with a look of pure innocence until he got to the point where he just couldn’t handle it. Everything vanished before the anger & pain of betrayal. Self-restraint gone, Jaejoong threw himself at the man still in bed, ignoring Bitna’s plea to stop. If it wasn’t for Bitna forcefully yanking him up, her nails digging into his arms, Jaejoong may very well have killed the guy, ‘How could they?’ His mind was still asking.

 

“Jaejoong Oppa, look at what you did to him.” Bitna moaned, clutching the man who was sporting a bloody nose.

 

Jaejoong’s anger rose again, “Bitna!” He hissed, “Don’t you ever come near me again!” He turned to leave & felt a small tug on the back of his bonnet blue club room short sleeve linen blend shirt.

 

“Oppa, please?”


“What?” Jaejoong whipped around, clinging onto his dissolving self-control, ‘Don’t hit ladies, it’s improper.’ He told himself, over & over in his head, “What part of do not come near me do you not understand?!” He yelled, instead.


“I’m sorry.” Bitna fluttered her eyelashes in pretended distress, “I never meant.”

 

Bitna gasped & trailed off as Jaejoong slapped her across the face, “Do you know what you did?!” He roared, “I gave up everything for you & this is what you give me in return?!”

 

Bitna looked shocked then angry, her blue, almond-shaped eyes narrowing as she sneered, “What right do you have to hit me? I'm a girl.”

 

The cold words hit Jaejoong like a bucket of ice. He reeled, turned & strode out of the door without a glance. Every drop of love he had once felt for her turned into pure hatred.


*End of Flashback*