Forever Is Too Long

Forever Is Too Long

Chapter 10

 

“Mom!” Sulli whined, “Why isn’t Yuri home yet?!” She hated the thought of that being anywhere near her Jaejoong!


“Sulli, darling.” Mrs. Choi said fondly, setting the table for two, “Yuri won’t be home for dinner today.”

 

“Not home?” Sulli asked startled, her voice going up several octaves in panic, “Why not?”

 

“Come sit down, dear.” Mrs. Choi beckoned, now pulling out Sulli’s chair, “Yuri’s out today, didn’t I tell you? She went to the beach with Jaejoong & some of her friends. Its so nice that she’s finally spending some time with her friends.”


“What?!” Sulli screeched, face contorting in fury, “Yuri?! That nobody is going to the beach with my Jaejoong Oppa?! The nerve of her!”


“Don’t worry, she will be fine.” Mrs. Choi, not being overburdened with tact, told her daughter.

 

Sulli thought angrily, ‘This isn’t good! This must be dealt with soon!’

 

Sulli paced back & forth in her room, muttering angrily. If the human anatomy allowed it, smoke would be steaming from her ear, “How dare she?” Sulli asked her reflection in the mirror, “How dare Yuri snatch Oppa out of my very hands?” She clenched them in anger, nails digging into her white skin.

 

Her fist came down on the desk, “What does that nobody have that I don’t?” Sulli asked herself. Sulli’s eyes sparkled in rage, “Now, I have to get rid of her before I can get Oppa, & I have to get rid of her for good too, but how?” Sulli started to pace back & forth again, wearing a path across her carpet.

 

Slowly, an idea started forming in her mind. She smirked, slipping into Yuri’s room, “Oppa’s number, where is it?” Sulli muttered, searching through Yuri’s desk, paper sailing into a pile at the foot of the bed, “I know she has it, ha.” She held up a piece of paper, on it was scribbled Jaejoong’s cell phone number. Sulli clutched it in her fists, a victorious smile on her pink lips.


‘If this plan works, Yuri will never have a chance.’ She thought, ‘I admit, Kwon Yuri, you were good but I always knew that I was better. I have always gotten what I wanted, what I deserved & this is no exception.’ Sulli’s eyes narrowed as she slipped out of the room. Twelve o’clock had struck for cinderella.

 

A gust of wind chilled Jaejoong to the bone as he wrapped the blanket tighter around himself, rolling over in his sleep. His alarm clock continued to beep like it had for the past eight minutes, ‘Work.’ His sleepy mind thought, while he struggled to open his eyes. It had been three in the morning when he had dropped Yuri off at her home & consequently, Jaejoong hadn’t gotten to bed until after five. Another chilly gust of wind forced him out of bed to close the window.

 

Jaejoong peered outside, into the gloomy, foggy clouds that promised heavy rain. He glared at it, frowning, wrinkles appearing between his eyes. Jaejoong used to love the dark clouds that imprisoned the sunlight. It used to go so well with his mood. Dark, dreary, everlasting misery but not today. Today, his heart felt so warm it was like a miniature sun, heating him from within. It felt so nice & it was all because of Yuri. Jaejoong smiled adoringly as he thought of her.

 

He frowned when he heard his phone ringing, ‘Who could possibly be calling so early in the morning?’

 

Jaejoong let his cell phone ring, not being bothered to find it.

 

‘Maybe its Yuri.’ He thought, when it rang for the eighth time, playing with the idea as he searched in his pile of clothes for the phone.


“Hello?” Jaejoong mumbled, stifling a yawn & rubbing his eyes vigorously.

 

“Oppa?” A soft, sweet voice on the other end greeted him. His heart leaped.


“Good morning, Yuri.” He said, suddenly wide awake. He always had trouble comprehending thoughts in the morning as his brain didn't really function properly so early, yet who else would answered his ‘Hello’ with 'Oppa'?

 

The voice paused, “Oppa. I want to tell you something.”


“Yes? Is anything wrong?” Jaejoong was too tired to notice the deadpanned voice on the other end.

 

“Yes, there’s something wrong!” The person on the other line yelled, voice increasing in volume with every word spoken & startling Jaejoong. He held the phone away from his ear until he could no longer hear what she was shouting.


“Yuri?” He ventured, after the noise had died down.


“I hate you! I should have never gone anywhere with you yesterday!” The person continued yelling. Jaejoong’s heart skipped a beat as he froze, almost dropping the phone, ‘What is she saying? What did I do wrong?’ Again, her voice had increased so much in volume that he had to hold the phone a foot away from his ear, “Yuri, are you alright?” Jaejoong tried again, hoping this was just some kind of crazy joke. He couldn’t have done anything yesterday to make her regret going with him, unless...Jaejoong remembered the kiss. He tried to keep his voice steady, to hide the fear & hurt in his voice.


“No! Stay away from me! I never want to see or hear from you ever again!” Jaejoong stood there, dumbfounded, rooted to the spot, too shocked to comprehend exactly what was going on. He felt the miniature sun in his heart go out as if Yuri had dumped freezing water over it & he was once again, plunged into a world of darkness. A painful, never-ending darkness he was all too used to. A darkness that had been temporarily drowned under light, hope & love, only to resurface again, accompanied by dreams that had been trampled & shattered. It was a darkness with no escape, not until the end of eternity.