Two

LEt Me Be DRess

A knock came from the other side of the door. “Vivi it’s me. May I come in?"  “Yes mom. Come in.”  She opened the door and looked at both of us. “Well since its late already it’s time to get ready to sleep.  Is it okay if Dylan sleeps here? I’m sure he knows to behave himself. Am I right?” she says giving him a firm look. “Of course. I’ll take care of her as if she is my sister. He looks at me and grins. Oh my god. Noooo. No no no no. please no mom. He turns to look at her. “Uh where would he sleep? He can’t sleep on my bad.” I give her a look. * come on mom get my signals. DON’T DO THIS TO ME. TAKE HIM SOMEWHERE ELSE* I guess my telepathy skills failed me since she didn’t seem to receive my message. “He can sleep on the floor. You have some covers in your closet he can use.” 

Well its official, I’m sleeping with a guy in my room. I went to my closet and reached to grab two blankets. “You can use these. They are thick enough so you won’t feel the floor.” I bend down to start laying out the blanket. A hand grabs my arm gently. “It’s alright. I can do it myself.”  I never noticed how soft his voice was. A bit deep but smooth. “Huh? Oh. Y-yea. Okay.” I get up fast and move over. “I’m going to go wash up.” I point to the door. He nods and brings his attention back to the blankets.

I walk to the restroom. I grab my tooth brush and begin to brush my teeth. Tomorrow will be Wednesday which means two more days till freedom. I sigh to myself. I need to stick up for myself. But I can’t. I’ll get picked on even more. Then what? Mom will figure out what’s going on and then….  I feel a foamy substance. I move my eyes down. My tooth paste was everywhere. Surrounding my mouth. I wash it off and rinsed.

 I walk back to my room. I open my door and stop when I look up.  “Omg I’m sorry!” I say and turn around and close the door. Dylan was taking his shirt off. I should have knocked. I start hitting the side of my head. “You can come in now.” I hear chuckling in the other side of the door. *he’s laughing at me? Wow. I’m good at embarrassing myself.* I walk in and look at the wall. I then sit on my bed and get under the covers.

“it was your first time?” I turn to look fast at him “huh?!” my cheeks where heating up. He chuckles. “Seeing a guy without a shirt. It’s your first time. Don’t worry, I won’t tell.” *he’s teasing me. Isn’t he.* “G-good night.” I place the covers over my head. I sigh silently. I look down at myself. The view of my body always makes me ashamed of myself.

*why is he so nice to me? Maybe since our parents are here, he’s acting. That has to be it.* my mind was busy with all these thoughts that I didn’t notice I fell asleep.

~ Everybody hates me but you love me and I love you. Whoa oh oh~

I wake fast as my alarm plays. I look around for my alarm. Oh there it is. I get up, walking around the body on my floor to my drawer and turn it off. I look back to see Dylan still asleep. I blow out air and wipe the fake sweat off my forehead. I grab my uniform from my closet and head to the restroom to change. My black hair is wavy and little strands of stick out on the side.  I tie it back into a ponytail. I then brush my teeth. Once I’m done I go to the kitchen. Mom is talking to Samantha while she sets the table. “Good morning” I say as I sit in the chair. “Good morning honey. How was your sleep?” mom ask. She grabs a cup from the cabinet and pours in orange juice and hands it to me. “it was fine.” “My boy didn’t cause you any trouble?” she raises a brow, I shake my head. “No.” I say.

A sleepy Dylan comes in scratching his head. “Nice bed hair.” My mom said. Giggling a little. He thumbs up and sits neck to me. He laid his head on the table, facing my direction with his eyes closed. *his face is so cute. Like a baby* I thought. Mom hands me a plate of pancakes with bananas slices on top. I grab the syrup and pour it over my pancakes. I then cut them and begin eating. Meanwhile Dylan is slobbering on the table, which is moving towards my plate. I poke his cheek to wake him up.

“Hmm” he hummed. “Your slobber is sliding to my food.” I say raising my plate when it came close. He raised his head. “Son go wash your face.” His mother said. He got up and walked out. My eyes followed him till I couldn’t see him anymore.

 I finished my food and took it to the sink. “Violet, I’m a bit busy so I won’t be able to take you to school today.” This wouldn’t be the first time I had to walk to school. “Dylan can take her. He got his driver license and he can take a look of the school.” His mother gave me a warm smile.

I grabbed my backpack and put it on. Dylan was already waiting for me in front of the door.” Ready?” he asked. I nodded and followed behind him. I waved goodbye to mom and Samantha. I opened the car door and got in. it was weird. Who am I kidding? Everything is weird. I wrapped the belt around me. It went up. The cause? My stomach.

He started the car and drived out the drive way. “Do you know how to get there?” I asked looking straight. “Mhm. I’ve saw it when we were coming to your house but just a glimpse.” I don’t know if I should worry. I guess I’ll have to trust him.

I sigh in relief when I see the front gate of the school. I take off my belt and unlock the door. “ uh thanks for the ride?” he gives me a lopsided smile. I get out and walk fast. I see Jay, one of the guys who bullies me. “Oh looky who we have here. Its bacon! So ready to get a new look? Amber said she’ll fix you up.” He smirked.

“Hey Violet!” a voice calls out to me. I turn around and see him running towards my direction. *no please go back.* I froze in the spot. “ oh whoa. So I se. you got yourself a boyfriend. Is here to save you?” * shut up shut up* I kept saying in my head. Why did he have to come? I regret coming with him.

He’s now in front of me. “You forgot this.”  He takes his hand of his pocket, handed me what looks like a piece of paper folded up, I look at him with question. I don’t remember having this. “Are you Violets friend?” he looked at Jay. “Yea. You can say something like that.”  Dylan then returned to face me, giving me this look. “Well. I’ll see you later. I’ll be picking you up so look for me. Ok.” I nod. He ruffles my hair then pats my shoulder. “I’m leaving.” He waves and walks back to the car. I shut my eyes. Oh I’m going to get it.

The whole school day, I was teased. “How can she have a boyfriend? She’s ugly.” Diana said popping her gum. “It’s true. I was walking by and saw him myself.” Troy said. Diana is best friends with Amber. They both like drawing on my face and saying they are making me “pretty.” Troy was a stupid jock who is always up to see some kid get humiliated. 

Jay was holding me in a lock and I’m struggling to get free. “To bad your boyfriend isn’t here to protect you” he tightened his grip. I was slowly losing consciousness. Everything was turning blurry. I tried to move out of his grip but I was too weak. I could hear laughing. “Tank down tank down!” someone said. That’s when I passed out.

I woke up in the nurse’s office. I was lying down. I sit up and take in view my surroundings. “Oh good, your awake. Your friends told me that you guys were playing and you accidently slipped. Be careful next time. Good thing it wasn’t anything to serious.” I look down. Accident? Slipped? Their lies are getting better each day. I sigh.

“How long was I...” I looked at the nurse. She just smiled. “A good while. Two class periods. Ill right you a pass to class. “NO!” I say a bit too fast and loud. She looks at me concerned. “I-I still feel a bit woozy. Can stay a little bit longer?” I asked, almost begging. She sighed. “Okay but just for a while. I can’t have you too long in here.”

The good thing was that it was almost time to go home. I just had my last class and I was out. The nurse gave me a pass to go back to class.  I convinced her to let me stay longer. i didn’t want to face “them” and I didn’t feel like going to class.

I saw the door to my class and walked in. I handed my pass to the teacher and went to go sit in my seat. I could feel all eyes on me. Someone stretched out their foot and I fell. “Oops. I’m so sorry Violet.” Amber said.  I got up and dusted myself off. “Not.” She then giggles and high fives some idiot next to her. How the teacher never notices these things? I have no clue, but I hope they never find out. It would get crazy.

I sit at my desk and acted like I was listening. A grumbled paper was thrown at my desk. I look around to see who threw it.  I should have known. It was Jay, grinning like there was no tomorrow. “Open it.” He mouthed.  my fingers shake as I slowly open it.

~ We missed you after you left. Why are you barely coming back now? Were you trying to avoid us? That’s a big no no. don’t worry though. We have a surprise for you after school. Let’s just say we are going to kick and make-up.~  

My eyes widen. *kick and make-up?* I thought. I shouldn’t have stayed. I should have came to my class. Now I’m going to get it. This was it. I was going to go home with a black eye, some cuts and blood. The thought scared me.  I covered my face with my hands. *what was I going to do?* what would Dylan think. Dylan…Dylan… DYLAN!

I reached in my pocket and pulled out the piece of paper he gave me. I open it up.

~I’ll be here to protect you. By the way I was expecting thank you hug. ;P just kidding ~

Just like that. I was smiling like an idiot.  How can he talk as if we’ve been friends all our lives? A frown came upon my face. He can’t protect me. He didn’t protect me when I was in Jays death arms and he won’t be able to save me when we “ make-up.”

The bell ringed and school was over. I grab my backpack. My desk was now surrounded by the monsters. I sigh in defeat. I was ready to get this over with. *let the new and improve panda begin. I’ll get my black eyes now. I get up and begin walking out to the hallway while they follow behind me.  This is officially the worst day of my life.

As we reach outside, they all circle around me and lead me to the side of the building. Their hangout place, too be exact. It’s out of sight from the front gates. No one can see it unless you actually came back here.

Amber turns on her heel and walks towards me. “Ready for your makeover?” her smirk was poison to my eyes. It taunts me. She then wraps her hand around my ponytail, pulling me eye level to her. “This will be fun.” With that she throws me to the ground. Her foot grew closer to my face. I close my eyes tight. *I’m scared.*