six

LEt Me Be DRess

I woke up early the next day and did my routine. I told mom I would be walking to school so she didn't have to worry about dropping me off. I slipped my shoes on a went out the door. It was beautiful morning. The sun was up and bright. The wind was circling around me a peaceful way. You can see other students walking as well. 

The gates where not that far from sight. I pick up my pace and walk through them. I came early to pick up a few books from the llibrary.  I wouldnt have time since Jay and Amber would do something to me. 

The librarian greets me as I walk in and I bow a little.  I walk over to a table and place my backpack on the chair. Walking over to the third isle I search for a few books that will help me for classes. I then make my way to wear the baking books are at. Ever since I was young I would always see thise baking shows so I would always ask my mother to buy me supplies to practice.  

I picked up a book with different cake and cookie recipes. I then went to the diet and exercise section of the library.  How convenient that they would have this but its because every year we must take a few test for our health class. Since Mr. Lee is very strict and doesnt like to repeat himself. We must find ways to past his test. 

I grab all the books I needed and check them out. I walk over to my backpack and stuff the books in. Once I place my bag on my back I head to my locker. I dont really use it due to the fact I constantly find crumbled papers, used gum and other liquid substances that I rather not mention.  

I walk over to the custodance office and grab a trash bag. Ms. Phillips Is the only one who knows about my situation. Id rather not say how but she tells me to tell someone. I always tell her im fine. She just signs and flicks me on the forehead and pats my shoulder everytime I walk in her office.

I open my locker and drop some of the crumbled paper in the trash bag making room for my bag. I grab the rest of the trash in the bag. I tuck in my loose bangs behind my ear then ties the bag. I then kick it to the side and open my packback and grab my pencil, pen and folder with my work and loose papers. 

I had seven minutes till class started so i decided to walk around. I stuffed my pen and pencil in my folder which I had in front of me. I walked to the music hallways. Not many students use it. The school had cut the program due to lack of funds. There is one room I like to go too. 

I walk faster to the piano room. Its very spacious and has this big window that shows the school garden on the side.  The view is quite peaceful.  You can hear a faint piano playing as I got closer. * Thats strange. No one ever uses this room* I walk closer to the door and take a sneak peek inside the room. 

I cant really see who it is but I can tell is a guy. The piano is position so that you can the the persons back of whos playing. He has a lean back and seems to be into the piece he is playing. I slightly open the door and walk in. Making sure I dont make a sound I close the door slowly and stand there. 

The bell rings and the guy stops playing. I was amazed by how beautifully he played that clapped. He jumps by the sudden noise and turns around. We were like a mirror reflecting the same expression.  Both surprised by one another.  "J-JAY!?!" 

He stands there for a few seconds then speeds up to me. "How long have you been there?" Im now wishing that I did not clap. "I- not to long" I swallow the big lump in my throat and try to calm my racing heart thats beating miles. " Tell anybody what you saw and I will make your life even more miserable than it already is." With thats he pushes past me, leaving me in shock of what happened. 

First period dragged forever. The whole time I could feel Jays eyes burning holes in the back of my head. It was very nerve recking. All I saw in his eyes where pure darkness. Everytime I turned to look at him, id turn away fast.  His stares just read 'kill' all over them. 

Finally it was lunch time. Not wanting to deal will Jay and Amber I make my way to the back of the school.  In search of a comfortable spot, I see a bench with a few dryed up leaves and dead ants. I wipe it off and sit down, closing my eyes. A tree next to the bench shades me from the suns rays. I relax and inhale deeply letting out the stress I had from this morning.

Suddenly I fell a presence in fornt of me. I slowly open my eyes, afraid to see who it is. To my surprise it was Nathan. His arms were crossed and guessing by how I could tell he was listening to rock music, he had his music on blast.

"This is my spot." He doesnt show any expression. I just look at him. "Move." I get up and move a few centimeters away from the bench. He moves and sits were I was. He then lifts his legs and lays down. His feet stick out due to his long legs. His eyes are closed and he places his arm on top of them. 

* Is this where he comes to nap?* I stay staring at him. For some reason I cant stop. Something about him drags me in to him. This feeling of wanting to know him burst through my body. "Staring is very rude you know." I jump at his sudden words. "H-how did you k-know I was staring at y-you?"

He sighs and sits up. He then turns towards me and leans in, placing his arm on his thighs while resting his chin on his hand. "I didnt. " 

___________________________________________________________

Updated on phone. I'll be updating on my phone because my computer Is on life support right now so bare with me. I hope you guys like this chapter and write your comments.  You guys give me the inspiration to keep writing and you wont believe how you guys get me out of brainfart mode.