Three

LEt Me Be DRess

Someone cleared their throat from behind us. All of us turned our heads to see who it was. "what are you doing?" He said monotone as he looks around everyone and his eyes landed on me. His hazel eyes captivating me. Making it hard to look away. Lucky for me, he looks away at Amber who's foot is inches away from my face. "Are you death?" He says glaring at Amber. She twitches as he raises his voice. "W-what do yo-ou mean?" She looked shocked. The guy walks closer to Amber and pushes her slightly so her foot was no longer close to my face.

 He sighs and takes his hand out, offering me to take it, and I do. He pulls me up and dust off the dirt that was on my back. "I thought you were better than that." He everts his eyes to Amber. " Nathan you have it all wrong." She Leaned to him but he pushed her away in disgust. He glares at everyone. " this doesn't concern you Nathan." Jay hissed. Nathan just stood there not bothered at all. "You guys have a minute. Oh wait I mean twenty seconds. That is if you value your life." With that everyone cursed under there breathe and walked away.

 Amber and Jay didn't go. Jay walked close to Nathan, with one of his famous smirks. " wow. Never new you cared for this thing here." He looks at me and I hide behind the Nathan guy. Gripping on his shirt. I didn't notice this till he looked back at me. I let go and looked at the ground " you are so bothersome." Nathan sighed and pinched the bridge of his nose. " and Why is that? if I'm correct we aren't messing with you." Jay was now stabbing his finger on Nathan chest. I turn to look at amber who is rubbing her left arm while looking at the ground. "I would love to stick around with you Jay, but you see,I'm not interested in you. So I should get going."

Nathan grabbed my wrist and pulled me. He stopped in front of Amber.  “Oh and my answer was going to be yes, but I’ll stick with no.” with that we were walking to the front and Ambers screams echoed in the wind. “T-thank you… for helping me.” I looked anywhere but his face. “Don’t get it wrong. I just hate when those idiots mess with others. So don’t think I like you or anything.”

I nod my head. I hear a voice in the distance calling my name. “Violet.” I turn and found Dylan running towards me.  Nathan left when Dylan got closer. “Who’s that guy? Your boyfriend?” I blushed and shook my head. “He is uhh Superman.”  He raises his left brow. “Superman? Which means?” I couldn’t handle this. I just want to go home. “Is my mom home?” walking fast to his car. “Hmm, oh not yet. She said she will be back around eight.” I nodded and opened the passenger door and got in.

The ride home was silent. If it was an awkward one I wouldn’t know. I was too busy thinking on how to avoid those guys tomorrow. *I could always run to Nathan.* I thought. * wait what! No! That’s crazy. I can’t just go to him, like if I knew him. I barely even know him. I mean I’ve seen him around school but that was it.* I don’t believe he didn’t save me just cause Amber was giving me a new look. I mean its common for me to get beaten up by them but no one ever does anything.

I slapped my cheeks. I will not think about him. I will not. Once Dylan parked his car I rushed out and opened the door and ran to my room. I must have looked stupid, but I don’t care. I want to look myself in my cozy room. I drop my backpack on the side of my door and kick my shoes off and throw myself to my bed. “Oh bed how I miss you.” I snuggle my face on my pillow.

I can’t live like this. I can’t let my body rot in the hands of the schools bullies. If I commit suicide then that’s letting them win and I would never do that to myself. I may not like my body but I have enough sense to make choices that I will regret. I love living… even if I’m being treated like crap.

I got off from my bed and walked to my desk. I reached for my bag and took out my notebook. I opened it to a clear page and began writing. I titled it Next Day. What if someone finds it? I’ll have to code it. I was thinking outside the box. I was thinking of all the possibilities that could happen. I’ve seen way too many dramas to know this. I started coming up with some but I wasn’t satisfied. It’s too simple. Then I remembered.

Next day

 

Don’t lose yourself. It’s hard yes I know

I will change so you can be happy. In what I see is light that shines in front of me.

When I go they go. That will be the start of everything. The rolls will go first. That’s what started it off.

Then will go the lion’s mane that came on my shoulders. Short it will be on my new beginnings.

I will not lose who I am. This will not mean war.

Just because I’m bruising doesn’t mean I’m losing.

Then my ways will change. The next thing will be my space.

No more hiding the sways that show perfection.

This will be it. the next day

The day of new beginnings.

 

It wasn’t perfect but I was happy with what I had. I’ll just leave it like this for now. A smile creped on my face. I will have a new day. This was it. I’m actually going to do it. No more bullies, no more rolls, no more hiding in shame because I was too much of a coward to do anything. I was determined to finish what I started and I wasn’t going to back out now.

I started on my piles of homework. Since I didn’t attend all my classes, I had to do make up work. Its , yes I know, but I don’t mind.  It’s been an hour and a half. I was half way done with my Mount Everest of homework. I noticed that it was to quite. I know mom said she wouldn’t be here till eight but I didn’t hear anything from Dylan. What was he doing?

I placed my pencil down and walked out my room. Even out here it was quiet. I walked to the kitchen. No one was there. I walked to the living room. Not even in here. This was looking like a horror movie. The thought sent shivers down my neck. I walked around the house and didn’t find him. * Shoot eff this. I’m going to my room. * I began walking to my room. If we are getting killed then let me have a heads up. Ill lock my door, use my beautiful lamp that has enchanted written across the middle if someone tries to get in. I may be fat but I can swing. I did two months of baseball in middle school year. Till I gave someone, on accident, a black eye. Coach was yelling at all of us saying we weren’t good enough to go to state and what not and while I was getting ready to make a home run he creped behind me and shouted nonsense in my ear.  That’s when the ball came towards me and I hit it. In someone’s eye that is.

I sighed. Me and my little imagination. I was about to go in my room till I heard this muffling sound coming from the end of the hall way. The house wasn’t big. We only had two rooms, two bathrooms, the kitchen and the living room. my room was the first thing you saw when you can down the hallway. Next to it was a wall that separated me and the bathroom. Then it’s my mom’s room and across from her room it the bathroom. If I could say anything is that my house was built stupid. Maybe it’s just me but whatever.

I walked slowly down the hall. It sounded light when I thought about it. I passed the restroom and was nearing my mom’s room. The noise seems to be coming from there. As I got closer I could hear clearly. It sounded like the radio was on. Did mom leave it on? Mom loves listening to music. Maybe she forgot to turn it off. I’ll just go and turn it off and be on my way.

I opened the door. Mom’s room was the biggest room out of the two.  On the left she had her closet that’s the size of a bath room.  Next to I is her desk with her piles of papers that cover her laptop with only the charger hanging on the side to prove that it is there. In the middle her king size bed with new lime green silk bedding that laid neatly on top with her red heart shaped pillow. She loved that pillow. She said it took all her problems away.

Then finally on the right was her big curtain that hung from the ceiling touching all the way to the floor. Mom loved to workout. She would tell me to come and join her. I would always decline. One was because she would make me wear this weird 70s outfit. I was not going to wear that. No thank you. Two was the stiff she did was to embarrassing. I would always find her in this squatting position, with her put sticking out and her hands out while her face looked as she was going to pass gas any minute now.

Just so many weird things she did that I try to forget. They will be the death of me. I shake my head to get rid of those thoughts. I opened the curtain as I got closer. I jumped a little when I saw this body lying on the ground on their stomach while their head facing my way. It was Dylan.

I crouched closer to study his face. His left cheek was pushed up due to him laying on it and his lips stuck out. Making him look like a fish. I giggled at the thought.  His brow slightly frowned. He looked like he was hugging something. I lifted the blanket slowly. Is that a Pikachu plush? I tilt my head . so does that mean he likes Pokémon? Aww how cute. I was spazzing in my mind. Who knew this boy would like that stuff.

I cover him back up, making sure I don’t wake him. I stand up and turn off the radio. He’s asleep now. There’s no point in leaving it on. when i was about to leave, something was grabbed me by my wrist. i turn and see Dylan looking up at me.

____________________________________________________________________________________________

 

so heres another update. its been a long time since i updated and i thought i should update. thopugh im not to happy about it. tell me what you guys think. keep reading, subscribing. both postitive and negative comments are appreciated so please leave your comments.