Shake You Up, Shake You Up

Shorts

Note: Yay, I finally wrote some myungyeol. And they hate each other... Or do they? After I finished that last story I was looking at my other unfinished fics and trying to decide which one to attempt to finish and then I saw this prompt and I thought, what if they totally hated each other? And then this happened. I'm also planning on writing a follow-up from Sungyeol's perspective and there will definitely be a resolution (i.e, they won't hate each other anymore). But anyways...

 

Shake You Up, Shake You Up

Pairing: Myungsoo/Sungyeol

Prompt: Younger siblings are best friends

 

 

The last thing Myungsoo wants to be doing is going over to the Lees' house. It's not that he dislikes the Lee family; generally speaking, they're wonderful. Mr. and Mrs. Lee are always nice and happy to see him. Their youngest son, Daeyeol, treats him respectfully, but not so much so that they can't joke around and tease each other. He even likes the family's dog, Nurungie.The one he has a problem with is Lee Sungyeol, the eldest son. Also known as the bane of his existence.

There has never been a time when he and Sungyeol got along. Not even as kids, back when they were both the only children in their families, forced to interact by their parents. The adults had assumed, or more like hoped, they would grow out of their dislike and become best friends. They did live next door to each other, after all. But, obviously, that hadn't worked.

Now, the two tried their best to avoid each other. That, unfortunately, has been proven easier said than done considering their younger brothers are best friends. Myungsoo has had many a good mood ruined by the unexpected sight of Sungyeol's face when he ventures out of his room for a snack and his mother has decided to treat the older Lee brother for reasons Myungsoo can't understand. Or when he has to walk over to the Lees' to give back something Daeyeol forgot at the Kim residence or something Moonsoo forgot to bring with him before going to hang out with his friend. Nothing good ever happens when they're in the same room.

So, Myungsoo's standing at the Lees' front door, hoping anyone but Sungyeol answers the door, with a Biology textbook that Daeyeol had left at his house the day before. His prayers are answered when the door swings open and Mrs. Lee's smiling face greets him. He smiles back at her, more than a little relieved to not have to deal with the taller boy's snark.

"You can take it up to him in his room," she tells him after he explains himself.

Myungsoo nods and steps into the house. Later, he will wonder why he didn't make up an excuse to avoid going inside and potentially running into Sungyeol. But at the moment he doesn't think twice about it. The other isn't even on his mind as he climbs the stairs. That all changes once he reaches the second floor at the same time the bathroom door opens.

Sungyeol steps out of it with only a towel wrapped around his waist. His skin is flecked with drops of water and his hair is still damp and combed off his face. He's not exactly buff, but there's a lot more muscle than Myungsoo could've guessed might be hiding underneath those t-shirts and button-down shirts the other is so fond of. Myungsoo's eyes practically drink up the two moles by Sungyeol's left collarbone and light flush covering his shoulders and the top of his chest.
 

Oh no, he's hot, is the first thing that pops into Myungsoo's head when his brain finally starts working again. It's not the first time he's noticed his neighbor's good looks. He hates the guy's guts, but he's not blind. What is new is that he's actually affected by it; he actually likes it. A lot. And he might hate that more than the person standing in front of him.

"What do you want?"

Sungyeol's voice, sharp and full of the contempt he reserves especially for the other, wipes the glazed look off of Myungsoo's face. Myungsoo's eyes snap up to meet the taller boy's. And for the first time ever, he's at a loss for anything to say to Sungyeol. His mind can't think of anything but skin and biceps and prominent collarbones and all of it belonging to the one guy he hates the most.

"I don't like you." It comes out much higher and a lot less biting than Myungsoo had hoped it would. But it's more to convince himself than anything else. Sungyeol raises an eyebrow at him and Myungsoo can tell he's probably calling him a weirdo in his head.

With his face burning, Myungsoo rushes past him to Moonsoo's room. He doesn't have to look behind him (not that he was going to anyway) to know that the other boy's eyes are definitely on him. He stays in the younger boy's room a bit longer than necessary as a precaution. Besides the sheer embarrassment, Myungsoo doesn't think he can face Sungyeol without saying something he'll regret. He manages to escape the Lee house without another run-in with the older Lee son, but when he gets back to his room his mind is immediately filled with images of Sungyeol, fresh from a shower, only covered by a towel. And nothing he tries is enough to distract himself from thinking about Sungyeol. In short, Myungsoo's screwed.