Two Lives

Kaluluwang Ligaw (The Lost Soul)

One week after the death of Semi, her friends Kyeongeon, Hyojin and Kyeonghwa continued to live this life. Even losing a friend is so painful, life must still go on. The three friends still continued to go to school despite the mourning atmosphere between them.

Meanwhile, the three seniors were on their way to their classroom when they met Sunny on their way. Sunny was hesitating to pass first, because of the thought of hurting Kyeongeon during the off class. But Sunny has a reason why she accidentally held her senior in the neck, almost killing her. Thanks to her friend Taeyeon that prevented it.

The three young ladies then just stared at the petite figure as if making her melt. They wished that instead Semi died, it's Sunny being possessed to kill herself. But it didn't happen.

"I wished you're the one who died." Kyeongeon whispered as they passed against Sunny who’s looking on the other way.

The brunette didn't give attention with Kyeongeon's gesture but deep inside, she won't forget the message she heard that came out from her senior’s mouth. Shut up! Sunny thought to herself, cursing the three ladies that were now behind her heading towards their way.

On the other hand, a rumor was spreading all over the school, that Semi didn't kill herself, instead, she was killed. That is why, when Sunny was nearing to her classroom, all stares again pinned in her figure. Some looked at the eye glassed brunette as if they want to crush her, some are looking at her from head to foot and some just ignored her. As usual, Sunny always gets this kind of treatment. She has always been accused to do something bad even she in fact she didn’t do.

While everybody's stare was sticking on the brunette, Taeyeon, accidentally bumped at the back of her friend. For she is busy looking behind her and not giving attention to her way in front of her.

"Oh! Sorry!" Taeyeon apologized holding Sunny's shoulder.
Sunny then averted to the person who bumped her. "Uh!... I... I'm sorry too. I was not looking. I didn’t noticed you were behind me." She replied shyly, rubbing her head.
"Uhm... So... I'm going now. Sorry again." The older brunette said and then running away from the younger brunette. At the same time, Sunny then entered her classroom, and sat on her chair quietly. Some eyeballs are still following her figure.



All of the students are busy trying to move fast passed the gate to get home immediately. The three seniors were still waiting for their drivers to arrive. Kyeongeon's driver arrived first and she was the first to get home among her group of friends. Kyeonghwa and Hyojin are left in the school, still waiting for someone to fetch them.

Getting bored of waiting, Kyeonghwa opened her bag to get her smartphone, "Omo!" She said with eyes wide and her hand on .

"What is it?" Hyojin asked while her eye browse met.

"My phone is not here. I think I left it in the classroom." She replied holding her chin and cultivating her memory on how did she lose her phone. Hyojin, at the same time helped her look for it in the bag, "Maybe, it’s just here, you just haven't looked it thoroughly inside?"

"I think, it fell off from my bag when we're on our way here. I better go back to our classroom to look for it." Kyeonghwa said hoping she'll find her lost phone. "Okay, I'll go with you, I'll help you look for it." The other friend offered. The two then simultaneously nodded at each other agreeing on the deal they had.

It is almost getting dark when Kyeonghwa and Hyojin reached the classroom. The orange colored clouds were already gone and a navy blue evening sky replaced it. Hyojin opened the room's door and then enters, while Kyeonghwa followed. They searched all over the classroom. Hyojin, searched under the teacher's table, while Kyeonghwa walked rapidly towards her desk thinking that her phone was just left there. Every corner was never missed to be peeked. Each table's drawer is opened and tried to be scanned. They found nothing. Each of the two sat on the chair, Hyojin sat near the room's entrance while Kyeonhwa at the center. Their eyes met as if they know each other’s minds. They smiled at each other and sighed at the thought of not finding the small gadget. The two chuckled at themselves.

A sound of falling stones rolling in the hall way caught Hyojin's attention.

"Shhh..." Hyojin warned while her index finger was placed on her lip. Kyeonghwa then made her eye browse met upon her friend's action. "Do you hear that?"

Kyeonghwa rubbed her head. "I hear nothing."

"I hear something." She whispered insisting that she heard something. Slowly sneaking outside the room, the young lady let her head out of the door frame looking from the hallway side to side. She stared back at her friend, "Stay here, okay?" Hyojin pushed by curiosity, came out of the room and still searching for the source of the sound. Meanwhile, Kyeonghwa just agreed to Hyojin's instruction to just stay inside the classroom. Her head roams around the room to prevent herself from getting bored.

"Aaaaah!" Kyeonghwa jolted from a loud scream she heard from outside the room. With eyes widened, her body become stiffen and quickly shut her eyes. The scream again resounded in the hallway. Remembering her friend, Kyeonghwa immediately ran in the hallway. She stopped, and got shocked upon seeing a view in front of her. Hyojin was being hostaged by a familiar person.

An arm clenching Hyojin's neck while a screw driver pointed at her temple. "No, please don't do it!" Kyeonghwa asked to the captor, reaching out her hand to it, while Hyojin was struggling to flee away. The kidnapper then dragged her victim away, signaling the other senior not to follow them.

"Please don't hurt her." Kyeonghwa pleaded while witnessing her friend being pulled away from her. She started to sob at the sight of it when she remembers Semi whom they knew that killed herself for no reason. Kyeonghwa got angry being reminded by it. The kidnapper and the victim was now gone, they are out of sight already. And she became aggressive. The senior then ran after them, desiring to save her friend. She never wants to lose another friend again.

Kyeonghwa ran outside the building. When the young lady reached the field, her eyes tried to search for the two figures. Only the moon and the stars provided the light. She heard the scream. It's from that building. She thought to herself. She ran towards it. Her lungs was struggling to gain oxygen because of exhaustion from running.

"Hyojin!" Kyeonghwa screamed her friend's name in the hallway inside the other building. The name echoed and reverberated along the hallway.

No one answered. Hyojin was now not responding upon Kyeonghwa's calling. "B****! Get out of there and face me!" Kyeonghwa challenged the captor aggressively. A hand then came from behind her covering mouth. An extra ordinary strength possessed the captor that was able to hold a person tightly even bigger that of it.

Kyeonghwa also struggled to get out of her captor. But it's too strong, she can't believe it, that even she was a bit taller than the captor, she can't flee away. Another arm clenched her waist making her breath racing. The captor then dragged her victim from the hallway. They passed down through the stairs. Smell of dust and squeaking sounds of rats met the victim's senses as she was dragged inside the familiar place. It's the place where they locked Sunny. The school's stockroom. Kyeonghwa widened her eyes upon knowing that the place where they locked their victim before becomes the place where her turn now to be locked. Hyojin was inside the stockroom. Tied and blindfolded. Kyeonghwa was pushed to the floor facing it.


"Ugh!" She reacted. "Kyeonghwa?" Hyojin asked, trying to confirm that it is her friend. "Our parents are surely looking for us!" Kyeonghwa warned. But she heard no reply, instead, her hands begin to be tied, taped and her eyes blindfolded. It's dark inside. Aside from old things, dust and dirty creatures live inside the said place. The two accompanied the room's content.

"Mm! Mm!" The two simultaneously screamed for help.

Slow foot steps are echoing inside the stock room. Hyojin and Kyeonghwa sat to each other. They are aware that their lawless captor is ready to finish each of their lives. The person then took the other senior, Hyojin. Then grabbed the student holding her collar, a cold pointed hard metal was now being drawn under her chin. The duct tape that covers Hyojin’s mouth was remod by the criminal making her scream.

 

“Ugh! What are going to do now?!” Hyojin asked shuddering. All her sight was dark because of the blindfolds. She was uncertain of what will the lawless criminal do to her. Her sweats are secreting and her heart beats fast.

 

The criminal then, slightly pushed the pointed object under Hyojin's chin making her scream in pain. “AAAAH! Pl..Ple..Please…Don’t. Ahhhkkk.”

"Mm! Mm! Mmmmmm!!!" Kyeonghwa screamed upon hearing her friend struggled because of pain.

Then after a while, the scream wasn’t heard anymore. Kyeonghwa then felt some fluid dropping on her head. She hears no scream anymore. Then, the victim started to sobbed when she realized that the fluid flowing from her head was blood. The blood coming from her killed friend being carried in top of her friend.

"You're next." The captor said while untying Kyeonghwa's blindfold and removing tape. Her eyes are still secreting tears when she saw her friend’s body. Despite the darkness and a little amount of light only provided the room, she can still her dead friend’s body. Her emotions mixed up that it made her throw up upon seeing a dead person in front of her for the first time.

The captive then turned her look to the killer. The killer just gave her a smirk. "My dad's going to sue you! He's coming already! He's gonna kill you!" Kyeonghwa warned her captor but, again, the criminal pulled her through the back of her collar. The criminal was so strong that even Kyeonghwa was bigger and taller, she cannot surpass the extraordinary strength that her captor possesses. She was then dragged at the darkest corner of the stockroom.

"Aaaaaaah!!!!!" And only scream from the young lady ended it all.


….

Taeyeon was peacefully sleeping when a soft kiss wake her up. As she opened her eyes, a blur image of a girl met her gaze. It is slowly getting clearer and when Taeyeon got her senses awake, she caught Sunny looking at her. It is Sunny whom she loved that kissed her cheek while she was sleeping. "Hello." Said Sunny while drawing a smile from her lips. The older brunette felt shocked but at the same time, a feeling of joy her heart, for her friend was back. Taeyeon shifted her position and sat on her bed, inviting Sunny to take a seat beside her. "Sunny, I'm..." Teayeon was not able to continue apologizing when Sunny interrupted her making her index finger covered Teayeon's lips.

"Shhh... It's okay, nothing to be sorry of." Sunny then slowly came closer to her friend; her face was getting nearer to Taeyeon's. The brunette moved backwards but Sunny moved her hand at the back of Teayeon's head preventing it to move a further more. The silence inside the room built more tension. The night sky is clear, moon and stars shine in the bright night sky. Hearts beat faster. Crickets reverberating all around the place. Sunny's soft lips almost touching Teayeon's lips, but the older brunette then pushed her friend away from her.

"Stop that Sunny! You are not the Sunny that I know. Please comeback!"

Taeyeon widened her eyes against her friend who’s turning a sweet smile into a cold stare. Sunny stared at Taeyeon with aggressiveness, she was slowly pulling something from her side. It's a screw driver ready to pinch Taeyeon's ribs. Sunny pulled it up and stabbed her friend.

Taeyeon opened her eyes. She sighed for she realized that it was only a dream. The brunette then got up from her bed to get a bottle of water. Slowly, the door opened from Taeyeon's room revealing her small figure coming out from it. The young lady went down the stairs to go to the kitchen to get a bottle of water. Another sound caught her attention. It is coming from the hallway. She then immediately ran upstairs to see if who’s making the sound.

For the second time, Sunny's figure caught her sight. "Sunny? Wait." She called. The eye glassed brunette looked at her friend with fierce but sad eyes. No words came out of . Weirdness covered the hallway. It was only the two of them. The bottle's sweat, slowly goes down to Taeyeon's fingers, giving her cold feeling, same as the stare Sunny is giving to her. The stare competition lasted for five minutes. No one had spoken between the two brunettes who has both feelings for each other but could not express it because of fear.

Sunny then moved her hand slowly to her door knob and twisted it. The sound of the screeching door produced as the shorter young lady pushed it to open. She then now averted her gaze away from the taller brunette and just entered inside her room without a word. Sunny left Taeyeon staring at her. Taeyeon’s eyes are getting red almost letting the tears fall down. But she sniffed it in not to let herself swim into sobbing. Instead, the older brunette just headed to her own room.