The Point of No-Return

Have a Little Faith in Me..
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Shin Hye wasn’t shocked anymore when she found a car waiting for her outside, and it wasn’t his manager. The manager would kill her for escaping again, and that was something she has done enough since she met Ji Hoo.

“Hi. What are you doing here?”

“Come. We have to go to work, of course”

“Did you really come to pick me to go to the Foundation?” No everyone could say that the boss in person did that for them.

Shin Hye would learn she couldn’t trust Ji Hoo being honest. He might be a gentleman, but even if he didn’t have bad intentions, he ended up doing what he pleased, as taking her to that white, elegant and beautiful house.

“You said we were going to the Foundation.”

“You need to rest, and as you’re so stubborn, I had to do something about it. It’s not as someone is going to fire you”

He cared about her. Since she discovered that, she couldn’t get mad, she couldn’t complain. She could only feel a tender emotion in her heart.

“Ji Hoo, normal people like me have to go to work.”

“That doesn’t mean is ok. If I can do something, I will.”

“But…

“Take it”

He brought her a cup of tea and some cake, and left them in the table in front of her. He had also wondered why he acted like he did when he was with Shin Hye. He even became more talkative, something that he definitely wasn’t, but he felt comfortable talking to her. Shin Hye was kind, she wasn’t spoiled and she didn’t behave like a bratty girl because she was famous. He could tell she had a lot of pressure, and she had to still smile in public, but Shin Hye even smiled when she wasn’t on the cameras; she smiled even when she was alone. He could say that she was the kind of person who would still smile and do as she was ok even if something hurt her, just to not worry others.

“Being an F4 many times is not really nice, but if it sometimes helps me to take care of those who are dear to me, is ok”

“May I be there… in that list?” She asked, in a super low voice. He looked at her without understanding “May I count as someone… someone dear to you?”

Their eyes met, and the time started moving slowly. Then, Ji Hoo stood up and though he didn’t say a word, he didn’t say no either.

“I…”

Shin Hye tried to say something, but the words didn’t come out , and Ji Hoo went somewhere inside the house. Useless. It would be useless do nothing else than wait. She closed her eyes and, feeling the tiredness of days that she had tried to contain, and soon she felt asleep.

“Shin Hye, maybe you want…” Ji Hoo stopped what he was saying when he found her asleep in the couch. That girl, she surely was tired.

He took her in his arms and carried her to the host bedroom. Softly, he left her on the bed and covered her with a blanket. He stared at her for a moment: right there, seeing her sleeping peacefully and with a small smile in her face was relaxing.

“Maybe you want to give me a hand with the lunch another day. I suppose I can ask the cook to come today”

 

She woke up hours later, and it took her a while to remember where she was. She listened to the music coming from a room and followed the direction of the melody. Ji Hoo was playing the piano in the hall of the house. She smiled, watching him so comfortable in his place. He was very good with the music, but it wasn’t difficult to picture him as a doctor, too. Even though he seemed cold first, he cared a lot about people.

“Can I?” She asked.

“You woke up. I was about to call you for lunch. My grandfather won’t be here to join us, he went to the hospital today”

“I’ve slept that much? And what happens with your grandpa, is he ok?”

Ji Hoo smiled.

“He is. Although he is getting too old, it is difficult to stop him when he wants to go work.”

“Your grandpa is a doctor, too?”

“Yes. He owns a hospital for people of the poorest neighborhoods.”

Then, she understood better.

“I have to go there in the afternoon, too, so I can leave you in your house”

“Can I go with you?” Then she realized how stupid it was. “I mean… if there is something I can do. I don’t plan to bother you”

He stared at her for a long mo

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter