A chance of Work, a chance of something more?

Have a Little Faith in Me..
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

She was just finishing the photo shot and changing her clothes when those two women got there. Both of them were pretty, even though they looked older; and they certainly had money, even though none of them seemed comfortable with the bodyguards around them and all the staff of the store trying to please them.

Shin Hye sighed and took her bag. She still had to go to the university and Hong Ki had offered himself to give her a ride, so lucky she was getting friends as those from A.N.Jell.

They were all older, even Yong Hwa was already 21 when she was just 19, but they treated her like a brother – or sister – more. Just Geun Seok made such a big difference between her and the others. In that way, he was very different from his character in You’re Beautiful, and Shin Hye sometimes wished he could be like Tae Kyung.

She went out the store and looked at both sides of the street, but didn’t find Hong Ki. Instead, she found Yoon Ji Hoo.

He was there, his eyes closed as he lied his body against the white car. In that moment, he looked like an angel, all dressed in white again. He was just so…

“Shin Hye, stop being foolish” She told herself.

But her smartphone rang with Geun Seok’s version of “Promise” and when she answered the phone, she found his eyes in her.

“Hi? Hong Ki, where are you?”

“I’m sorry, Shin Hye. I’m still in this Variety Show and I think they won’t let mego in a good time”

Shin Hye sighed.

“Ok. Don’t worry, I understand. I’ll be just fine.”

“Take care of yourself, Shin Hye”

When she hung up the phone, he was still looking at her, so she bowed and smiled.

She had to call a taxi; after all, she was going to be late. It wasn’t good for her to be hated by her classmates. Most of them looked at her like a favorite of the professors – even if she wasn’t – just because she had arranged her schedule in order to go to work. Was it her fault for succeeding after working so hard for it? Since she was a child, since she became a trainee, she didn’t have a break; but now the others hated her for that.

She had felt alone for years, it became more and more though as years passed by; because of this, she had never felt happier than that day when she met the boys in You’re Beautiful. They were her best friends, the ones who understood her, and Geun Seok had been the first one.

The day they met, they kissed. While this kiss wasn’t special for Geun Seok, it had been for her. Since then, she wasn’t able to do any other kiss scene properly. Stupid her.

“What kind of actress can’t do a kiss scene properly?” She muttered.

“Who cannot do a kiss scene?”

She looked up to find Yoon Ji Hoo close to her.

“Nobody”

“Are you waiting somebody, Shin Hye-ssi?”

“I’m waiting for a taxi. I’m late for my college classes. What about you, what are you doing here?”

“I brought two friends who have to choose the wedding dresses” he replied. “But there is other coming to pick them up, so I can take you to the campus if you want”

She hadn’t expected him to offer something like that.

“You’re really a nice man.”

He smiled. What a beautiful smile, she thought. And she went with him.

There she was, being taken to school by Yoon Ji Hoo.

“Are you studying music?” he asked.

“No. I’m going to major in drama”

“I thought you studied music. You sing very well”

“Thank you. I’m not as good as the rest of my family. My parents and my brother are all musicians. I was trained to sing, but I’ve always thought I’m not so good, so I decided to work harder in becoming a good actress. I think I do it well at playing the piano, at least”

“Do you play the piano?”

“Yes, since I was a child. The most beautiful music comes from a piano, don’t you think? And since I’ve never had many friends…”

“It seems like you do have friends. What about your band mates?” He questioned.

“Mwo? Yong Hwa and Hong Ki? They’re not really my band mates, they both have their own bands. We acted together in a drama and since thay we remained friends, but that has been not much time ago. Some people just… don’t like me. And it’s supposed that an actress should be loved for everybody, right? That’s hard”

He didn’t said nothing, and Shin Hye knew why. There she was, telling a strange – because as much as she could bump into Yoon Ji Hoo, he was still a strange – about her problematical life.

“You can leave me here. It’s near enough”

“Why don’t you want me to left you closer?”

“People can see us, and they will start rumors”

Again, this girl, the only girl who didn’t want to be seen with him.

“Thank you… Mr. Yoon” It was time she started to show some respect. What had he been thinking about her? An ordinary girl calling him by his name”

“I’ve been calling you by your name. You can also call me by my name.”

She blushed.

“Oh... ok. I hope you have a good day, Ji Hoo”

She smiled brightly and walked towards the university campus. Why she was feeling suddenly happy? But why wouldn’t she? It had been already a wonderful day.

 

He woke up early that morning and he couldn’t go back to sleep. The empty house seemed bigger tha

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter