Closer. What is this?

Have a Little Faith in Me..
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Thank you very much for suscribing to my story. Hope you enjoy the chapter.

 

She finished her classes at university and was already looking at the clock.

“Stop this, Shin Hye” She told herself.

But when the class was over – and just as if he knew it – he texted her, and she couldn’t help but walk faster towards the doors.

Nobody should see them together, and as if he remembered her implicit request, he was waiting in a remote place of the parking lot.

“Shin Hye-ssi”

“Hi” Shin Hye smiled at him, feeling that that was a scene proper of a fairy-tail. She probably wasn’t the princess of the story, but he was pretty much like a prince, wearing all in white and with that killer smile. Even his car was white, so everything around him shined.

“You look like a prince”

She said it before realizing that her lips had just betrayed her.

“Excuse me?” he asked, though he had heard very well, judging by his smile.

Shin Hye blushed, but soon she gained confidence again.

“You, all in white, look like a prince. I’m ashamed of going with you like this”

She was in a simple white and pink shirt and a black skirt with ballerinas. A plain girl, that was what everybody was going to think about her.

Ji Hoo looked at her. Certainly she wasn’t so astonishing as she had been before, but she was still pretty. There was even something beautiful in the way she avoided being so sophisticated.

“Don’t belittle yourself. You’re pretty well today, too” He opened the car for her. “Let’s go?”

Her face turned red again. That was becoming pretty common lately, and she wasn’t one who blushed easily, being raised with a brother an everything. Even with Geun Seok, there had been just a few times, but with Ji Hoo… it kind of happened all the time. He was going to think she was a clumsy girl.

They were to a very fine restaurant. There wasn’t even more than a few people there, but they went to – Shin Hye assumed – the most exclusive part of the

“I feel flattered.” She recognized “Why did you choose me to be in your campaign?”

“I think you’re the right person for it. You resume perfectly what the foundation try to do with the music. You’re not lying when you promote music and arts for children, are you? You seem sincere, and the rest of the people will notice it as well.”

She took a glass of wine.

He raised his eyebrows.

“Can you even drink? You’re just 19, right?”

She narrowed her eyes.

“Don’t act like that, I’m not a child. Besides, I’m turning twenty next month.”

He didn’t say a word, and for some reason that made her angry.

“Why did you bring me here? You could just have arranged a meeting with my manager”

“He wasn’t in the best terms to negotiate. Maybe he doesn’t see how good this will be for your career”

“I didn’t think you were like this” She confessed, feeling disappointed. “I had heard that in the F4 were all a bunch of rich handsome idiots, starting from Goo Joon Pyo, but when I first saw you and even after knowing that you were part of that group, I thought you wouldn’t be like that”

Ji Hoo was surprised by Shin Hye’s statement.

“You just sounded like one of those rich men who think they know everything”

She saw him, quiet as ice, looking at the distance.

“I thought… just because I don’t know you at all, and I cannot understand it, but I see you’re acting. I know it because I’ve got used to act all the time. Because of the people who follow me, because of the people who hate me, I have to do as if I’m always ok, even when I’m not”

“We’re totally different, Shin Hye-ssi. What makes you think I’m acting. Why should I?”

“Because I also act in front of the person that I love. I do it all the time, I do as if I don’t mind being just friends, I smile and I listen and I understand. I do it because I’ve chosen it, but it’s still just an act. Inside, it hurts a lot, even though no one else knows”

“This is not something I’m going to talk with you, Shin Hye. But I truly wish you get more luck in love”

She felt it as a slap in her face. Why? For long minutes, in silence, she just looked at him.

He probably suffered more than her. She didn’t want that. Ji Hoo deserved more happiness. Why? That was another question, just as why she had been so interested bout him, or why she had accepted to work for him, or why she was so curious, and wanted to help him somehow. Why she blushed and flustered all the time.

It was so simple that she wanted to laugh of her own stupidity. She knew them by heart, all the symptoms.  She had started falling for Yoon Ji Hoo.

 

Ji Hoo was sit

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter