Give your Heart a Break

Have a Little Faith in Me..
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

I have important - maybe dissapointing- news. This is the last chapter I write, though I first had planned to make it in two parts. I haven't had as much time as I would have liked to update, so I apologize to all those ones who were expecting a little more. Still, I hope you like the end.

 

It was useless. She had called him a thousand times in the last days, but he wouldn’t answer the phone. Then, she had also tried going to his house, but the guards had denied her the access. Stupid Ji Hoo. How could she explain him it was all a misunderstanding if he didn’t give her the chance to talk.

Once she saw him at the foundation, but when she tried to approach him, he already was surrounded by all the directors, and she lost the opportunity.

It was clear what was happening, but Shin Hye refused to accept it. Ji Hoo had expulsed her from his life. All that month, all those wonderful days were gone. Shin Hye and Ji Hoo, they didn’t exist anymore.

Then, Shin Hye didn’t want to see Geun Seok’s face, at least for some time. He had ruined everything. Every time she got out her house and bumped into him, she just avoided him. They had been friends for years, and it would be awful if she ended everything by saying things in a moment in which she was still furious and hurt. Even if the love she had felt once was vanished, they still were neighbors, and they still were friends.

She had to see Ji Hoo. It couldn’t end like that. She couldn’t give up, because she had got to love him in a way she didn’t even know it was possible.

Ji Hoo, he was all what she wanted in life. It might be difficult sometimes, and she might not be ready for all the luxury and rules of the world in which he lived - even stricter than her world of idols – but she would take all of it as long as Ji Hoo was included on it. Because Ji Hoo seemed to be cold and indifferent, but he was the one who cared the most about the people around him. Even if it would take her the whole life, she wanted to do the effort to gain his love.

She went to the hospital to see the grandpa.

“Annyeonghaseyo, Arabbeoji”

“My lady, what can I do for you. I haven’t seen you in weeks!” The grandpa greeted her warmly. Then he frown his eyebrows “Did Ji Hoo and you had a fight?”

“Arabbeoji, you have to help me. I love Ji Hoo, but he has misunderstood everything and he does not want even to listen”

And she told him all the story, and she cried as she hadn’t been able to cry before.

The grandpa felt moved by that girl. Even just by seeing her, it was clear she really loved his grandson. Finally, Ji Hoo had found someone who loved him back; he could see that, too, since Ji Hoo hadn’t been the same since he met ShinHye, and hadn’t been himself all that week, but now the reason was obvious.

“Don’t worry, Shin Hye. We will solve this, you’ll see” he said “I will get him to listen to you”

“She left this for you”

“I don’t want to go” He said, after he gave a look to the tickets of the concert.

“Don’t be an idiot. How can you be so mad at her if you don’t even know what happened?”

“I know what I saw”

“And I know what I see, too. I see that my grandson is a coward. If you love her, will you just give up so easily”

“I don’t love her. I’m tired of trying”

The old man sighed.

“I am also tired of seeing you unhappy. The last months I saw you with her, you changed. She makes you smile. Why do you lie to yourself? But do as you please. I am an old man and I am just waiting for some peaceful last days”

Ji Hoo closed his eyes and heard the sound of the slap of the door. Then, he looked again at the tickets. Shin Hye.

Shin Hye was dressed in black pants and a white shirt, under which she also wore a black blouse. She took a deep breath and gave a glimpse at her reflect on the mirror once more before going out to stage.

“They are only some fans, only some fans Shin Hye” She told herself.

She just hoped he could be there.

She sang first Without Words and What Should I do, but then she stopped being Mi Nyu and she was only Shin Hye, with her own feelings and her own voice.

“There is a song I would like to sing, for a special person. If you’ve been in a one-sided love, you might understand me well. I want to say many things to this person, but if I had the chance of talking to him just once more, the first thing I would say…. Sarangheyo. Don’t be afraid”

Don’t be afraid.

He had told her well that night.

The day I first met you

You told me you’d never fall in love

“Because I won’t be able to love you. Even if I like you, even if I want to love you, I cannot. What else did you want me to do then?

He said it, but she knew that he felt something for her, too.

But now that I get you

I know fear is what it really was

He should trust Shin Hye, he knew it. It was just too difficult. So much time without receiving love, and then Shin Hye came, like sunshine, and blinded him with her light.

But he saw her kissing with that Geun Seok. How could he trust?

Deep inside, he knew all that was only an excuse. He had started to feel too attached to her, and it was dangerous.

It would be better just to stop now. At the end, it wouldn’t work. It never did.

Now here we are,

So close yet so far

Haven’t I passed the test?

Shin Hye sang from her heart. She didn’t see him in the multitude, but he could see her perfectly when he walked more and more near to the stage. Under the spot, Shin Hye was a real star.

When will you realize,

Baby, I’m not like the rest

Together with the tickets, there was a letter.

“Let me love you, Ji Hoo. It’s all what I want. I know you have gone through much pain because of love, but I don’t plan to break your heart. I want to be the one to bring you happiness. I can make you very happy, but please give me the chance.”

Don’t wanna break your heart

Wanna give your heart a break

I know you’re scared it’s wrong

Like you might make a mistake

Shin Hye was certainly a special woman. He didn’

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter