53rd Claimation

Spirit of the Wolf: Claimed
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

6 months later

No one's POV

Kim Jongin had felt better, mainly because right now he felt like . The only memory of the only girl he had loved was starting to fade into hazy pictures in his head, but yet it was still so clear to him. Her laugh, her smile, her twinkling eyes. Basically, everything about her. But also how it was comforting, it was also haunting. The thought of not being able to save his mate was haunting him.

He felt useless where he was laying on the bed, staring at the matte wall with an emotionless look on his pale face, curled up in the blankets as he thought about his lover. He imagined how it would be if he was able to save her. 

He still remembered how after his mate was taken away, his pack quickly gathered him up, trying to stop his bleeding. He remembered how Luhan had told them what their alpha had said through the telepathic conversation, and they all fled out through the woods, finding that one white house that was supposed to be plan B.

Kai was still supported by Sehun and Tao as they arrived, knocking frantically on the window. Soon, an older man stepped out, and Kai had remembered him as Baekhyun and his own mate's father. The old man had pulled them in in a hurry as soon as his brain registered who the young flock was. He had offered to help the bleeding man, but Kai had denied the offer, demanding an explanation instead. 

"This was her plan B. If she wasn't able to get all of you out of there alive, she needed to sacrifice herself. All she wanted was to keep you alive. She wanted you to live as normal as possible. She did this for you." the man explained. He also told them that their alpha herself was the author behind those words. Kai had let anger take over as he grabbed his father-in-law by the collar and pushed him to a wall, demanding the truth. As the old man had stapled it as the truth, Kai had dropped to the floor and cried. Blood pooled the floor as tears dropped continuously.

The door to Kai's bedroom opened with a creak and Do Kyungsoo's head stuck into room, staring at the lump on the bed with soft eyes, "Kai."

As the younger didn't answer, Kyungsoo called out again, "Kai."

Signing that he was listening, the said man hummed in responds. Kyungsoo sighed, being used to this kind of behavior. Last time his younger brother acted like this was when they first moved into the house, moving away from the other hyungs. Even back then, Kyungsoo couldn't help him, "The others are downstairs. Come eat breakfast."

Still, the man didn't answer. Kyungsoo felt like he was talking to a wall. He sighed, knowing why his brother was acting like this. Sighing once again, Kyungsoo stepped into the room, closing the door behind him, "Listen, Jongin. What Luna did was for all of us. She wanted us to live as normal as possible, and for what she did, the least we can do is to follow what she said. We all miss her, Kai, and I know that you're blaming yourself for not being able to save her, but none of us could have done anything."

He was right; Kai knew that. Luna had saved them by risking her life for them, and doing as she said was the least they could do. But how was he able to live normally when he knew that the one he loved was suffering at the very moment? She had put the responsibility of taking over the pack at his hands, and till now, he hadn't done anything than laying around with a pout on his face. Kai sighed, closing his eyes. 

"I'm really sorry we aren't able to do anything, but living like this isn't h-"

"I'll be there in a minute." Kai interrupted weakly, startling the older male. Widening his eyes in surprise, Kyungsoo couldn't help but to choke a little on his own saliva. It was the first time his brother had actually agreed to go down in months. 

"What?" Kyungsoo breathed in surprise. He couldn't believe what he was hearing. Unwrapping himself from the blanket, Kai sat up, looking at his older brother with his bare upper-body exposed to the world. 

"I'll be there in a minute." Kai repeated giving the older male a small, weak smile. Widening his eyes even more - if that was even possible - Kyungsoo nodded eagerly, still a shocked expression was on his face.

"Alright! Take your time! We'll be downstairs if you need us!" Kyungsoo eagerly said before he practically ran out of the bedroom after slamming the door. Kai chuckled softly, sighing a little before finall

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter