27th Claimation

Spirit of the Wolf: Claimed
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

EXO'S PAST PT. 4

No one's POV

2009

Kyungsoo and Kai were on their way home from their shift at the pub they were working on for the night. They were walking through the cold wind in the darkness. Seeing that his hyung was rather tired, Kai tried bringing his mood up by doing something he rarely showed to anyone. Aegyo. 

"Hyung." Kai called making the older boy hum in responds. The younger pouted as Kyungsoo wouldn't look at him. Kai called again, "Hyung!"

"What is it, Kai?" asked Kyungsoo as he finally looked up, only to widen his tired eyes at the boy. Standing in front of him was Kai, fists brought up to his own face as he rubbed his cheek with a pout.

"Chweer up, hyung~" the younger said with a disgustingly cute voice. Kyungsoo stared at him like he was a ghost. It got silent for a moment, and Kai started regretting what he did as moments past. 

"Don't do that, Jongin. You scared the living out of me." Kyungsoo groaned as he started slapping the younger one's arm. Kai yelped as he cowered away from the older. 

"Ow! Hyung! Stop it- No, stop!" Kai yelped as he tried running away, but Kyungsoo wouldn't let him go. He grabbed him by the head and pressed him close, as if he was hugging him. Then he started laughing.

"I really appreciate you trying, Jongin, but your aegyo might be mistaken as an assault." he laughed making Kai whine. Kyungsoo eventually let go off his younger brother as they walked silently in the dark. Kyungsoo's eyes were set on the street where cars passed in a blur when he suddenly caught something or someone run across it, only to get stuck in the middle. Kyungsoo's eyes widened as the person turned. And it looked exactly like his older-brother that had left him. Kai noticed quickly the quick change of the behavior of his hyung as he looked down in him. Kyungsoo's eyes then widened because only meters away from his brother was a car driving in a lightning speed towards him. 

"Hyung..." Kyungsoo muttered with wide eyes before he suddenly sped off towards the boy caught in the street. Kai's own eyes widened at sight of his hyung sprinting out to the travel street. As Kyungsoo finally got to where his hyung was supposed to be, he got confused to why he was nowhere to be seen. As Kai finally noticed the speeding car driving towards his own hyung, he tried to run towards him, but cars passed him, cutting the chance for Kai to save his hyung. Kyungsoo's eyes widened as he stiffened where he stood, his eyes reflecting the light from the car. 

Kai's eyes widened as a loud honking noise was heard. 

The last thing Kyungsoo saw that day was a blinding light. 

And the last thing he heard was his younger brother, Kai screaming his name.

****

Suho was the one who got the phone-call from a sobbing Kai. When the older finally understood what he said, he didn't hesitate to call his other brothers, leave work and run to the hospital. 

Kai was in panic. The pictures still flashed in his mind as he sat outside of the ER, his hands clutching onto his head, his nails digging into his scalp. Tears were falling as he remembered running across the street and taking Kyungsoo's limp body into his arms. Blood was everywhere. 

"JONGIN!" Chanyeol called as the rest of boys came running towards the sobbing boy. Kai looked up with tearful eyes before he stood up and was caught in an embrace brought by Luhan. He knew the boy needed it. Kai was quick to circle his arms around the elder’s waist and cried in his shoulder. 

"Jongin, what happened?" Suho asked softly making Kai look up, his lip quivering.

"H-he just s-suddenly sped off t-to the street a-and... A car- it came so fast, and I could have saved him! I could have been in there instead!" Kai stuttered, pointing towards the door where his hyung currently were, unconscious. Anger completely took over his mind as he bit his lip, letting out a cry before he punched the wall next to him hard. Kris was quick to grab the raging boy by the arms.

"Stop it, Kai! You couldn't do anything! Don't blame it on yourself!" the older said sternly making Kai glare up at him. He wiggled loose from Kris and hissed.

"That's when you're wrong, hyung. I could have done something. I could have run up to him to push him away. But I didn't!" he said, his voice cracking. Tears started forming in his eyes as he fell to the ground. 

"Jongin, what's done is done. It could have been the two of you in there instead." Suho said as he patted the boy's back. The boy didn't answer which the older took as a go-light for him to pull the boy into a hug. 

"If anything happens to him, it will be on my hands." Kai muttered, looking up from his hyung's shoulder with teary eyes. 

"No, it will not. It will be in the hands of the one who did it." Suho comforted as he ruffled the younger's hair. The boys got silent as Kai's sobs were heard through hallway making the brothers' heart break a little. This boy rarely cried, but when he did, the brothers would shed a few tears as well. The red light bulb over the door of the room Kyungsoo was in turned off, and out the doors came a white coated man, blood stained on his green mask.

"Are you here for Do Kyungsoo?" the doctor asked as he took off the blood-stained mask, revealing his sweating nose-bridge. As soon as they heard the doctor, the boys quickly stood up from the ground and turned to him. Taking their attention as a 'yes', he raised a brow, "Sorry, but we're only allowed to tell his conditions to family."

"We are family. We're his brothers." Sehun answered making the doctor raise a brow, but decided to answer anyway. 

"He is fine for now. He did lose a lot of blood, but we saved him just in time. The car had hit his head pretty hard, therefore it's a possibility that he might have injured his senses like hearing, taste, sight etc. or even the ability to speak " the doctor explained making the brothers' breath hitch in their throats. Kyungsoo could not lose the ability to speak as they all knew how much singing was important for him.

Lay spoke up, "You said 'he is fine for now.' What would that mean?" 

The doctor only sighed before pulling his gloves off, "Well, as I said, he might lose a few abilities needed in the living. So he might take it hard emotionally. What I suggest is that you are there for support at all times. Make sure he eats and gets enough vitamins so he can heal faster. Also, he broke a few bones so leave him some space to move se he can get used to it so he can heal comfortably."

"Thank you, doctor." Kris said before the 11 brothers bowed in sync to the doctor. The doctor nodded with a smile on before moving away from the door. 

"He is moved to room 121, you can go visit him, but he is asleep so be sure you don't wake him. He might wake up with a shock." the doctor said before he walked away. The 11 boys looked at each other for a moment before they dashed off to their brother's room. 

They quietly got in, making sure to not be loud. The sound of beeping from the heart-monitor greeted them with the smell off hospital. The boys' heads turned to find none other than Kyungsoo lying in the bed, unconscious, wrapped up in bandages and casts. 

"I'm so sorry, hyung." Kai gasped as he fell down on his knees next to his bed. His brothers could only try comforting him.

****

Kai and Sehun quickly packed their stuff so they could make it to the subway in time to watch over Kyungsoo. And they were pretty late as well since girls would flock up on them as soon as the class was ended. And soon, the two oldest that were currently watching over Kyung

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter