26th Claimation

Spirit of the Wolf: Claimed
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

EXO'S PAST PT. 3

2004

13 year old Suho looked at his friends with a sigh as after 10 minutes of talking, they still wouldn't listen to him. They were in their own corner they had claimed to be theirs' as the group of 12 boys refused to sleep split. The 13 year old Korean had just come up with the great idea of taking the responsibility to adopt the rest of them once the oldest were out of the orphanage which were 5 years for Suho and Lay, and 4 for the three 14 year olds which were Xiumin, Luhan and Kris. 

The youngest were quick to argue with the oldest. Considering how much money were spent to adopt one child, how much would be spent on 7 boys? The youngest couldn't risk their hyungs health.

"You can't do that! You can't!" 10 year old Sehun whined as he flailed his arms everywhere. Kai, also being one of the youngest by being 10 years old, helped by protesting in their own way; Maknae way. 

"We can't let you do that!" Kai shouted as Suho sighed again, smiling a softly. Kai had grown so much before Suho's eyes, still the younger had the weird habit of leaving his fly open. Walking to the boy, Suho bent down and closed it, "SEE! WHO'S GOING TO CLOSE MY PANTS FOR ME WHEN YOU'RE GONE?!"

"Who's going to save us from the crazy hyungs?!" Tao at 11 joined, getting closer to the two younger and away from the four others. Kyungsoo at the same age furrowed his eyebrows. 

"Hey, I'm at the same age as you! I can join you as well!" Kyungsoo cheered before he settled with the 3 other maknaes and pouted at his hyungs as well. 

"But... We're not denying you!" 12 year old Baekhyun said in a questioning manner as he and the two other boys at his age, Chanyeol and Chen, went to the four others as well. The five oldest couldn't help but to soften at their dongsaengs. Still at their very young age, all they could think of was to keep their loved ones healthy when they should be care-free. 

"Guys, I know it might sound hard, but that really is the best idea we got to keep us all together in the future." Xiumin said apologetically as he squatted in front of the younger boys and ruffled the hair of the closest to him. Kris nodded as he sat down next to Tao who was pouting while looking down on the floor. 

"We always need to sacrifice something for family, right?" Kris said as he cradled Tao in his arms. The younger boy was quick to bury his face to his gege's chest and sobbed. 

"Kai-ya, what did hyung always tell you?" Suho asked as he sat between Sehun and Kai and put his arms around them. Kai pouted as he also looked down on his lap, just like Sehun.

"We are one." Kai answered, saying what his hyung always said. 

"That's right, hyung always say that, right? Then you brats just have to remember that, alright?" Suho joked as he ruffled Sehun's hair who smiled with tears in his eyes. He then turned to the four other brats that weren't being hugged and smiled, "Promise?"

"We promise." Baekhyun, Chen, Chanyeol and Kyungsoo chorused making the hyungs smile. Chen looked up with the same seriousness on his face. And this kid was almost never serious.

"Then hyungs also has to promise us something." he said as he looked down for a moment then looked up with teary eyes, something that surprised the other boys a lot. He smiled and spoke in a soft voice, "Promise us that you will stay healthy. That once you feel light-headed, you will take a day off, if not more. You will give each other hugs when you need it like you do to us. And come back to get us when you can."

"Jongdae..." Luhan muttered surprised. The younger boy usually never cried, yet alone be serious, but here he was at the verge of crying. Without hesitating, Luhan fell down next to the younger boy and pulled him into a hug. 

"We promise." Lay chuckled as he pulled Kyungsoo, Baekhyun and Chanyeol into a hug as well as they were also starting to sob. Xiumin looked at his younger brothers with a soft smile, He too was starting to shed tears, but being the oldest, he tried to conceal it as much as possible with his gummy-smile. 

"Yah! Now I don't have anyone to hug!" he exclaimed as he pouted. He then opened his arms wide, "SO I'LL GET ALL OF YOU!"

Xiumin jumped, getting everyone in between his arms - how, he didn't know - but he pressed everyone close and laughed at the youngers' whining of them being squeezed. 

The lights had turned off making the big room of only orphans lying the floor dark. Of course, the 12 boys were lying next to each other, lying in circle where their heads were just next to each other’s.

Chanyeol, who was only looking up at the ceiling, sighed with a smile on his face, "Hey,"

The 11 other boys hummed in responds. Chanyeol chuckled before slowly drifting asleep, "Let's love"

That was another phrase that ran around the group. Instead of telling each other 'I love you's they said 'Let's love'. 

"Let's love." Kyungsoo yawned as he got comfortable on his pillow. 

"Let's love." Baekhyun quickly said. Hearing that everyone was snoring by now, he pouted before snuggling up between Kris and Sehun. 

2008

"Hyung, remember the plan, alright? When you get out there, be quick to find somewhere to live, okay?" "Hyung, did you bring all of your belongings?" "Did you bring food for the journey? One bag?! One bag isn't enough, Chanyeol-ah, go steal more food in the kitchen!"

Xiumin, Kris and Luhan had finally turned 18, the age when they were free to go out of the orphanage. The trio sighed softly and stared at their dongsaengs who were already crying. 

"Yah, Suho, you're nagging too much! Aish, my ears are going to explode at this point" Xiumin said as he put his finger in his ear. Suho stopped what he was doing and chuckled a little before rubbing the back of his neck. 

"I'm sorry, I just.... Just take care, alright?" Suho said softly as he looked at his 3 older hyungs. Kris smirked before taking the younger boy by the neck, putting him in a head-lock as he ruffled his hair.

"Aren't our Joonmyunnie cute?! I'll sure miss his nagging!" Kris laughed as Suho whined. He eventually let go of the Korean boy and looked at the other younger boys who were forcing smiles to look strong, but the tears rolling down their cheek deceived them, "Oi, it's not like we won't visit."

"BUT WE WON'T HEAR YOUR HORRIBLY LOUD SNORES ANYMORE!" Chen cried as he clung onto Baekhyun and Chanyeol for support

"Yah, you brat!" Luhan sneered as he was about to pounce on him when he noticed that boy's tears really were real. Luhan chuckled before pulling the three boys in a hug, "I'm so going to miss punishing you."

"Hey, kids. You have to leave now." the care-taker said as she interrupted the 12 boys' bonding time. However, this only made the younger boys cry harder. The 3 oldest of the group quickly glared at the care-taker who got scared and fled. 

Kris looked at his brothers before smiling softly and opening his arms wide, "Come here!"

Kai, Sehun, Tao and Kyungsoo were the first to approach him before the rest of the group pressed themselves closer. After at least 5 minutes, they let go of each other and stared at the 3 oldest who were about to go out in the free. While 9 of them were standing in a huddle, waving, the 3 oldest took slow steps backwards, taking up the sight of their brothers. 

"Hyungs!" Lay called making the 3 boys turned around again. He brought up his hand and showed them his thumb, their greeting they have done for years, "We are one!"

The boys behind him were quick to follow the Chinese boy. All 9 boys had brought their thumbs up, loudly chorusing their familiar slogan, "WE ARE ONE!"

By now, the 3 oldest brothers were also crying. Tears couldn't stop running down their tears as they also brought their thumbs up, shouting their slogan in unison, "WE ARE ONE!"

"LET'S LOVE!" Chanyeol hollered making the boys cheer as if howling like wolves. 

"LET'S LOVE!" the trio shouted back before they all waved at each other like crazy. 

9 boys watches 3 backs get smaller and smaller.

3 boys watches the world get bigger and bigger.

****

"Tao, please put that down." "Lay, help me, and don’t just sit there!" "JONGIN, PUT YOUR SHIRT BACK ON!"

As Suho was busy scolding at his younger brothers, Chanyeol suddenly burst through the cafeteria where they were sitting and hollered at the top of his lungs.

"THEY'RE HERE!"

The 8 boys were quick to register what the tall idiot was talking/shouting about before they all scattered up and ran. They sprinted past the care-takers and out to the garden where 3 familiar boys stood with big grins. 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter