School Garden

Questions

“Earth to Sanghee,” Suji shook my shoulder.

“Hm?” I snapped out of my thoughts turned to her.

“Haven’t you been listening?” she sighed, “You’ve been staring out the windows this whole entire time. Is what happened yesterday a really big deal?”

I looked past her and into the classrooms.

Isn’t that Mingyu? What’s he doing by himself?

“Sanghee you’re doing it again,” Suji snapped her fingers in my face.

“Oh sorry.”

“Tell me what happened,” Suji started to pester me.

I heaved a breath before whispering her all the events that happened yesterday including meeting Seokmin on my way home from the arcade, Sangdo seeing the picture, seeing Seokmin again and even meeting that masked stranger last week.

“But what if it wasn’t Seokmin?” I looked down at the ground.

“You sound disappointed. Is it what I think it is?” Suji’s eyes started to sparkle, “You’re falling in love!”

“Yah! Yah! Yah! No one’s falling in love, it’s just that I think Seokmin was the one I met last week that’s all. Speaking of Seokmin have you seen him this morning?”

“Before you came no,” she shook her head, “Why don’t we ask Mingming and Minghao? They’re coming our way anyways plus their friends with Seokmin I’m pretty sure they’ll know especially Minghao since they live together,” Suji waved at them.

“How about you do that while I jump out this window to find Seokmin, sounds like a plan?” I unlatched the window open and pulled it up so that my upper body could fit.

“Sanghee that’s dangerous! You can get hurt!  Besides what if the teachers see?”

“I’ll just blame it on B-joo, A-tom, and Hojoon they’ve jumped out of a car window before and they’re still alive. Oh Jenissi’s here.” I looked back at Suji then to Jenissi who was entering the school gates.

“What?! Let me see,” Suji pushed me to the side a bit sticking her head out the window, “JENISSI OPPA!” she yelled while waving a hand wildly.

Jenissi looked up from the crowd of fangirls already swarming him and waved at us.

“What’s going on?” Mingming’s voice rang in my ear startling me. I turned to his voice to find his face just inches from mine and jumped from my seat on the window losing my balance free falling from the second floor of the school.

“SANGHEE!!!” Suji screamed as I fell.

My body felt paralyzed, I couldn’t move no matter how much I wanted to.

“Is this what you normally do when you’re at school?!” Sangdo screamed into my ear as I fell into his arms.

“O-oppa,” I stuttered as he put me on the ground once again.

“I come to your school to find the guy you kissed and I find you fall out of a window instead.” Sangdo continued scolding me.

I hung my head down as I lead the way back up to the window Suji, Mingming, and Minghao were standing around.

“Sanghee you’re safe! You’re not hurt anywhere right?” Suji inspected me all over the place.

I nodded my head still hung down.

“Sorry I didn’t mean to scare you,” Mingming bowed when I looked up.

“So you made Sanghee fall,” Sangdo squinted, “Yao Mingming,” he murmured reading Mingming’s name tag.

“Who are you?” Minghao asked in a small but audible voice.

“I’m Topp Dogg’s main vocalist Sangdo and Sanghee’s older brother,” Sangdo grinned.

“Sorry, I didn’t mean to have Sanghee fall out the window,” Mingming bowed to Sangdo.

Sangdo’s expression changed from serious back to giddy in a second, “It’s fine it was just an accident,” he patted Mingming’s shoulder.

“Suji the bell’s about to ring we should go,” I tugged on her sleeve.

“See you later Sangdo oppa, Mingming, Minghao,” Suji waved at them as I dragged her off to homeroom.

“Are you coming to the cafeteria?” Suji looked down at me after class ended.

“Not today,” I shook my head, “Have you seen Seokmin?” I peeked at the window that viewed the hallway.

“I’ve been in the same class with you all day do you really expect me to see him? You know where to find me if you need me,” Suji walked out of the classroom.

I walked around the school hallways a couple of times with still no sign of Seokmin.

The school’s quiet today, too quiet. I wonder what the others are up too. I think I should take a walk outside, it seems nice out.

I wandered around the school building towards the back to the school’s garden.

“Sanghee is there something I can help you with?” Mihwa, a garden club member asked.

I shook my head, “I’m fine I just wanted to get some air. Do you need help or anything?”

“Ani, I was just surprised someone else came to the garden that’s not in garden club. It makes me happy though since not a lot of people get to see the beauty of it,” she stood up from her spot and dusted her skirt off, “Take your time okay?” she smiled at me before leaving.

I walked deeper into the garden looking at the flowers and trees surrounding me.

There’s so many trees, I’m surprised this isn’t a forest.

I went past a mini koi pond and found a white gazebo with bench like seats attached and a small table in the middle surrounded by a few shady trees nearly covering it except for a part of the entrance. As I walked into the gazebo I could hear light breathing. I found a body laying down on one of the seats and went closer to take a look. Minghao laid there peacefully almost as if he was dead, his chest steadily rising and dropping assured that he was still alive and breathing just sleeping.

I approached him careful that my steps were quiet and nearly undetectable and took the seat next to him placing his head right on my lap. He had his earbuds in with music on. I studied his facial features as he was sleeping. His hair fell below his ear and was a darker shade of a lion’s mane like he hasn’t lightened his hair in a while. I brushed a piece of his bangs that fell out of place.

His hair covers his eyebrows, aw how cute.

Overall his face looked like he would be a cute puppy or prince. He was kind of cute.

I stayed there with Minghao on my lap as I stared at the garden around us.

It’s so peaceful.

I soon dozed off to a light sleep.

As soon as weight was lifted from my lap I opened my eyes to find a startled Minghao. He jumped up from the bench and started bowing multiple times speaking softly, “Sorry, sorry, sorry,” he kept repeating.

I stood up from the bench and stretched my legs a bit, “It’s okay,” I smiled at him while he looked up at me from bowing puzzled. “I never formally introduced myself have I? I’m Yoo Sanghee, but you can just call me Sanghee.” I stuck out my hand.

“I’m Xu Minghao,” he took my hand.

“You don’t know Korean well do you?”

“Is it that obvious?” he retracted his hand and rubbed his neck shyly.

“No,” I shook my head, “Cheer up,” I took a few steps closer to him and adjusted his tie, “I was just kidding,” I smiled.

He smiled back showing his pearly white teeth, “We should go I think class already started.” He turned around leading the way out of the garden.

“Come on I know a shorter way to class,” I took one of Minghao’s hands and we started running back to class.

I slid the door to the classroom open and conversations in the room lowered down a bit while eyes followed Minghao and me.

“I’m sorry we’re late Ms. Lew,” I spoke as we bowed.

“Twenty minutes late to class now are we Ms. Yoo, Mr. Xu in the hallway this instant.” Ms. Lew ordered us.

Minghao was the first to react and led the way out of the classroom dragging me along. We stood in the hallway with our backs facing the lockers as we waited for Ms. Lew to let us back in.

We’re going to be in so much trouble. I shouldn’t have slept.

I felt a squeeze at my hand and turned to see that I was still holding hands with Minghao, “Everything will be fine,” he whispered to me.

I took my hand out of his and fiddled with my green plaid uniform skirt looking at the ground, “Uhm,” was all that came out of my mouth.

Teachers, staff members, and other students would occasionally pass by us in the hallway. “Minghao? What are you doing outside the classroom?” Seokmin asked as he was walking with Hansol.

“We were late to class,” Minghao smiled sheepishly.

“Sanghee too?” Hansol lowered the boxes that he was holding so that his face could show.

“I didn’t mean to be late, Hansol oppa has Sangdo oppa left the school yet?”

“Yeah he wasn’t supposed to come here in the first place since it wasn’t his turn yet,” Hansol nodded.

“Hyung you talk too much you’re supposed to go into the classroom, remember?” Seokmin opened the door for Hansol and pushed Hansol into the classroom before Hansol could object.

“I’ll see the both of you later,” Seokmin smiled his eyes not changing into crescents like they normally would. He took a few steps forward passing both Minghao and me.

“We still need to talk,” I grabbed onto his arm stopping him from leaving.

“Later not now,” he said not even turning to face me, just before he left again.

The hallway turned silent again once he left, all that was heard was the sound of us breathing.


A/N: So this is what their uniforms look like it's the second image with the green skirt but both genders have white jackets with green ties, I couldn't get the image to be hd while big so sorry, please tell me if something goes wrong with the link. Thanks for all the subscribers and comments so far!