Ddukbokki & Chicken

Questions

That voice. Junhui?

“Don’t misunderstand things,” he quickly whispered.

“Hyung,” I heard Mingming call just about two feet away.

Junhui slid his hand away from my head and we parted a bit while I was still in his arms.

“Sanghee we’re leaving NOW!” A-tom pulled me away from Junhui.

“Hyung what’s going on?” Yano came running up to us with my backpack.

“We’re going to the practice room now,” A-tom turned and tried to pull me along.

“Junhui Hyung,” Seokmin and the other boys were next to Mingming now.

“Just remember what I said,” Junhui walked off towards the others confusion written all over their faces with the exception of Minghao who seemed a bit disappointed. I took one last look at him before I let A-tom drag me away.

“Hyung have you seen B-joo Hyung or any of the others?” Yano asked.

A-tom and I both shook our heads, “They’ll find their way,” A-tom shrugged.

Yano and A-tom spoke throughout the whole time until we reached the practice room, “We’re here,” Yano called out as we stepped into the practice room.

“Oh Yano, A-tom, Sanghee how was school?” Gohn welcomed us.

“Crazy!” Yano huffed as he dropped my backpack on the ground.

“Fine,” A-tom started taking off his coat.

“Eh,” I gathered my stuff and went to my usual corner.

“Tell me what happened,” Gohn kept the conversation going.

“During lunch break crazy fangirls started chasing us, they even ripped apart B-joo Hyung,” Yano rambled.

“I’m hungry, can we go get ddukbokki?” I looked up at Jenissi who was the closest to me.

“Sure as long as you tell me everything that happened at school,” Jenissi ruffled my hair while putting on a coat.

I sighed. At least there’s food.

Jenissi led the way to the nearest ddukbokki stand which was only about three blocks away.

“So what happened?” Jenissi asked as soon as we reached the ddukbokki stand.

I started eating one, “You promise you won’t tell anybody? Especially A-tom?”

He nodded while eating his.

I swallowed before continuing, “The day started off normal before I found out Hansol, B-joo, Yano, A-tom, and Seogoong were at school with me, then during lunch time I was in the hallway with Suji and while we were all gathered up fangirls started swarming us and we ran.” I continued recapping everything that had happened after that including my meeting with Mingming, Hansol, Minghao, Mingyu, Seokmin, and Junhui, all leading to what happened after school.

“Wait so you kissed this Mingming?” Jenissi squinted.

“Not on purpose! It was all Seogoong’s fault if he hadn’t opened the door that wide it wouldn’t have happened!”

He chuckled trying not to spit out his ddukbokki.

“Yah~ this isn’t funny!” I punched his arm.

“Sorry,” he paid the ahjumma for our ddukbokki and started leading the way back, “So Junhui, he helped you?”

I shrugged, “Seemed like it, I don’t see why though I mean I barely know him, we practically strangers.”

“Maybe he likes you.”

I scoffed, “Yeah right.”

“What? It can be true.”

“Are you sure he’s not trying to use me to get close to Sangdo? It’s happened before.”

“That was when we first debuted plus they were girls not boys. Besides if they try to use you I’ll just teach them a lesson,” Jenissi tried to look tough.

“With that face no one takes you seriously,” I shook my head in disapproval.

Jenissi pouted.

“When’s the next time you’re going to the underground club again?” I looked up towards Jenissi.

He shrugged, “Maybe this Saturday why?” he turned to me.

“Take me with you please,” I begged.

“Not after what happened last time. If Sangdo finds out I took you with me who knows what’ll happen to my face.”

“Please,” I whined grabbing onto his arm, “Please I’ll do anything.”

“No I can’t just take you with me.”

“Yes you can!”

“No, if you want to go so badly then ask Sangdo. He won’t let me take you without him knowing first.” Jenissi yanked his arm away.

I pouted. There’s really no way to go is there?

I sulked in my corner of the practice room while everyone else practiced. No fair I can’t go.

“Sanghee we’re heading to the dorm are you coming?” Jenissi asked.

I stood up and grabbed my stuff as I was still sulking.

“Something wrong Sanghee?” Jenissi asked on the walk back to the dorm. I glared at him and for the rest of the way home he was silent.

As soon as we got back to the dorm I dropped my stuff and headed straight to the bathroom to shower. Once I got out of the shower fully dressed I could hear Nakta come in the front door, “Who wants chicken for dinner?” He held up a bag, just then nearly everyone was out and in the kitchen.

“I got the Coke,” Gohn closed the fridge and sat on the ground. All of us were then sitting in a circle eating the spicy chicken wings with chopsticks.

“Yah! Open the door!” someone shouted followed by banging at the front door.

“I’ll get it,” Yano sighed as he got up to open the door.

“Seogoong Hyung what do you want?” we could hear him.

“I smelled chicken,” Seogoong then pushed Yano out of the way and plopped himself down next to Sangdo, the others eventually followed and we then had all of Topp Dogg in the kitchen.

We ate in silence focusing on the food and only the food.

Once we finished we all cleaned up and everyone we returned to their correct dorm.

“Sanghee we’re out of banana milk!” Sangdo shouted. I groaned. Not again.

“Make sure to get me some too!” Hansol yelled.

“Yah!” I smacked the back of his head.

“Oww,” Hansol whined, “What was that for?”

“You’re going with me too or did you forget?”

Hansol pouted, “You didn’t have to hit me so hard.”

“If I didn’t you would’ve forgotten wouldn’t you?”

He looked away, “Hurry up,” he mumbled.

“Be careful and be sure to bundle up,” Sangdo headed to his room.

I quickly wrapped my scarf around my neck and adjusted my beanie and put on my shoes as Hansol waited outside in the hallway.

“Ready?” Hansol pulled his hoodie over his head.

“Uhm,” I nodded and we headed off towards the elevator.

“Can you make me lunch tomorrow?” Hansol asked in the elevator.

“No! You can just get some lunch from the cafeteria or from the fangirls.”

“But I want Sanghee’s cooking,” he whined, “I know! What about when you cook food during class then can I have it?”

“No! We haven’t even started cooking yet!”

“Really? Then what are you doing in home economics?”

“We’re having a project; to sew together a pillow or plushie of any shape,” I sighed.

“Ooh can you make it of my face? You know like an anime version?” Hansol’s eyes went wide.

“I don’t want to stare at your face for two weeks.”

Hansol pouted, “Fine then I’ll just ask someone else to do it for me.”

“I still need to think of a design or shape.”

“Just do it on a plushie or something you love,” Hansol eye smiled.

“Like what?”

“You really don’t have anything that you love?”

“I do, but there’s all plain ideas or too hard.”

“Then do it on a plushie, that way you won’t get sick of looking at it.”

“What plushie is there to do?”

Hansol heaved out a long sigh, “What time is it? I’ll take you to a plushie store.”

“It’s 11:53 all the plushie stores will be closed already.”

“Come on we’re going,” Hansol grabbed my hand and dragged me along.