Lesson

Questions

I walked past other students and towards the stairs to a less crowded bathroom.

“Look who it is,” someone popped their gum. The same girl from a few days ago stood in front of me her entourage surrounded me around the stairs.

I sighed under my breath, “Leave me alone.”

“What? Say that again,” the girl who seemed to be the leader of the group pushed my shoulder with her index finger. I was forced to take a step down the stairs.

“Can’t believe Wonwoo oppa helped her,” one perked and forced me to take another step down the stairs.

“You’re not even that pretty.”

Another step.

“Stay away from Junhui oppa,” another girl spoke up from the back as they forced me to take another step down.

“We should teach her a lesson shouldn’t we?” the leader smirked and pushed me down another step. “You should’ve listened to us the first time,” another step, “We’ll make you regret it,” another step.

We stood in the middle of the stairwell now and my back hit against the wall. She raised her fist and my eyes widened. I ducked just seconds before her fist made contact with my face and rushed past her to get down the stairs.

“Urgh! NOW!” she yelled.

My face and hands made contact with a hard surface as she yelled.

Cold water drenched me and the other person the next second. I lifted my head to see the other person who got drenched. They wrapped an arm around my waist and pulled me closer, putting a hand on my head into their chest as they placed their forehead on my shoulder. Poof! A large impact fell onto both of us followed by something hard that hit us repeatedly. I felt the other person shift before they pulled me closer if that was even possible, there was no gap between us in the first place. After we were hit they seemed to stop throwing stuff at us. They laughed. The person still had me in their arms and wouldn’t let go. The weight on my shoulder lifted and the laughter stopped. Gasps resounded in the silence.

“J-junhui oppa,” the leader squeaked.

I lifted my head; white flour fell forward as I did. In front of me stood Junhui, his clothes were wet covered in flour and eggs.  He stared straight ahead to the girls above the stairs then to the leader.

“It’s not what it looks like! We were just messing around that’s all!” the leader stammered.

I removed my hands away from Junhui and stepped to the side stepping down another step. He turned and grabbed onto my elbow and held me from going any further.

“Are you okay?” he asked.

I nodded and shook his hand away from my elbow. I rushed down the stairs towards the bathroom to have Junhui follow me.

“Wait!” he called out.

His sneakers screeched on the tile floors. A grasp held my wrist turning me back around until I collided with a firm surface. The white flour made a small cloud blocking my vision. Inhaling the flour caused me to cough.

“I just want to help you,” Junhui spoke as the small cloud dispersed away.

A small lump in my throat started to form as he said that. I pushed him away, building a gap in between us, “They did this to me because of you,” I managed to choke out. I kept my head down and avoided eye contact.

He took a step forward before grabbing my wrist again and dragging me elsewhere. He kept his hand around mine tightly.

He slid a door opened and pulled me along. Light blue curtains were drawn blocking some of the beds. The window was opened, a slight breeze blowing the white curtain around it. Bird chirps softly sounded in the corner of the nurse’s room. No supervisor was visible. He dragged me to the back of the room where there was no one else just a sink. Lightly he pushed my back to the sink. He grabbed a few paper towels next to me.

“Excuse me,” he whispered as he leaned in close to use the sink. Seconds later he turned off the water and turned to face me. Gently he dabbed my hair.

I reached up and grabbed his hand, “I can do it myself,” I pulled his hand away from me and turned towards the sink. Using new paper towels I worked the flour and eggs out of my hair. Looking into the mirror I saw Junhui standing still, staring at the ground.

He pulled in a sharp breath before looking up, our eyes made contact in the mirror before I looked down at the white sink. “Tell me how I can make it up to you,” he let out.

I looked back up to the mirror and locked with his eyes, “You can’t, what’s done is done you can’t make it up,” I continued to get the flour out of my hair.

Abruptly two hands spun me around and I was met face to face with Junhui.

“Just watch I’ll make it up to you somehow,” determination flared in his eyes. I took in a sharp breath. I felt his breathing stop for just a second. He took his hands from my shoulder and took a step back before turning around and leaving the nurse’s office.


A/N: Thank you to everyone who's waited for me to update and I apologize for not updating in so long, school's been keeping me busy.