Partners

Questions

The practice room was small and only had a piano and a small closet. I was trapped; I couldn’t go out there with the fangirls. But there was someone in here already.

As I closed the door the person sitting at the piano looked up. It was that New Yorker Hansol I think his name was.

“Let’s check the practice rooms,” I could hear the girls move around.

My eyes widen in horror as I could hear them approaching, “Can you hide me and pretend that you never saw me please?” I begged him, before he could respond I ducked under the piano just in time before the fangirls came in.

“Omo, Hansol oppa, I didn’t expect to see you here sorry if I was interrupting something,” I could hear the girl say.

“Its fine I was just about to leave and head to go get some lunch,” he replied.

“Well then, bye Oppa,” the girl bowed before leaving.

“You can come out now,” Hansol looked at me.

“Thank you ahh,” I hit my forehead on the way out from underneath the piano.

“You should’ve been more careful,” Hansol sneered.

I glared at him from my spot near the door once I got out from underneath the piano.

“Yah~ Hansol you should be nicer,” a person came out of the closet behind me and gave me a back hug. I turned around in my place and pushed the person off of me to find it was an eye smiling Seokmin.  I took a step back from him and glance between him and Hansol.

Hansol finally sighed and broke the silence, “Fine, I’m sorry for being rude, name’s Hansol by the way,” he head nodded over to me.

“Don’t worry about him he’s just cranky because his practice time was disturbed,” Seokmin shook his head disapprovingly at Hansol.

“Well then,” I bowed at them both before turning just about to leave.

As I opened the door another figure came in blocking my way out.

“Oh are you okay?” He touched my forehead leaning in towards my face, having to bend down a bit in the process.

I moved my head back a little and winced by the pain.

“You’re hurt let me see it,” his face inched forward allowing me to see him up closer. He had cat like eyes, Mingming I think he was. As he was examining me I could hear the door open and came in two more figures, they must be the others; Mingyu and Minghao.

A sharp pain coming from my forehead broke me out of my daze, I instinctively grabbed onto Mingming’s hand and took it off my face a couple of inches away, “Please don’t do that,” I tried to avert my eyes to the side to avoid having to look at him

Suddenly I heard loud footsteps just as the door to the practice room burst open. Everything happened so fast, next thing I knew I had my back against the closet with a hand on my right hip as I was still holding onto Mingming’s right hand, all while I could feel warmth on my lips along with the sweet taste of Vanilla.

Wait a minute. Vanilla? Something soft and warm?

“Hyung!” I could hear someone in the room shout, trying to remove Mingming’s hand away from my hip, it was Minghao.

“Have any of you seen Sanghee?” I could hear Seogoong’s voice come from the door. His eyes widened as soon as he saw me behind Mingming, our lips still touching.

“I’ll just…” Seogoong said as he took his phone out. Snap! He then backed up and closed the door as if he never entered.

I felt Mingming’s lips slightly lifting and that’s when I took my cue to leave. I let go of Mingming’s hand and moved my head back fully breaking our contact, “Sorry, I think I should go now,” I looked down at the ground trying to avoid all eye contact as I went past Mingming and Minghao on my way out.

I was on my way out of the music room just as Mingming called out, “Wait!” he grabbed onto my left wrist making me freeze on the spot. “You’re name’s Sanghee right?” he breathed out. I hesitantly nodded while looking at the ground before I shook his hand off of my wrist and left the music room.

As soon as I was out of the music room I let out a breath.

Now off to find the others.

I walked around a few hallways until I saw a battered Yano, “What happened to you?” I looked him up and down to see his clothes and hair were pulled.

“The fangirls here are wild,” he huffed out.

I was just about to ask him were the others were until the bell rang. “I’ll see you later okay?” I patted his shoulder causing him to groan.

“Don’t leave me Sanghee, I won’t be able to protect myself!” he cried as I walked off.

When I entered the classroom I could see that Suji had already taken her seat.

“What happened to you? When we split up I didn’t think it would take that long to lose all the fangirls,” she started as I took my seat.

“I’ll tell you later,” I told her not wanting to repeat the events so soon.

Just three minutes before class started again Minghao and Mingming walked in, “Look,” Suji nudged me so that I turned my attention towards them. I glanced towards them and saw Mingming smiling at us; I looked away pretending to not see him. Please don’t notice me.

It was all fine until they chose the seat behind Suji and I to sit in. Welp there goes my hope of being unnoticed.

“Good afternoon class, I’m Ms. Lew and I’ll be you’re teacher this semester for Media arts.” The teacher walked in.

A student raised their hand, “Um excuse me what happened to Mrs. Kim?”

“Mrs. Kim was in labor during summer break and she is now having time off to spend with her new child,” Ms. Lew spoke calmly, “Any more questions?” she looked around the room for a raised hand but there wasn’t any. “Good, now continuing on with class as you all know we will be having a school trip later on in the year, during the school trip all of you will be assigned a project. The project has not yet been decide since it will be given to each individual or group the details are still being worked on but as of now you will be put into partners to work on a different project now so that you’ll get use to each other. You will start the project in about a week or two and it’ll be due on the 8th of next month. Now on to seating arrangements these will be your partners for the rest of the school year if I feel like things aren’t working out then I’ll change your partners but no complaining. You over there switch with her, you move over there, you stay where you are,” Ms. Lew barked orders at everyone, “You move to the seat in front of you,” she pointed at Minghao who was sitting right behind Suji. I widened my eyes at what was happening. I waited for Ms. Lew to move my seat but she didn’t, I ended up sitting next to Minghao while Suji was at the very front and Mingming was at the back. The worst part was that our desk was really a wooden table with a bench like seat that we also had to share.

“Now that’s better,” Ms. Lew sighed out of relief, “let’s do introductions now since I don’t know any of your names.” The rest of the class continued on with the introductions then note taking.

Once class ended I headed off to my next class; archery. The archery class was in the school’s dojo near the gym. When I arrived I took a seat on the ground where we would be standing at the aim at the targets with all the other students.

“Nice seeing you here,” I heard someone next to me chuckle.

I turned to them to see it was the one and only Seokmin.

“What are you doing here?” I asked.

“I’m here for archery class duh,” he mocked me. Since when was he interested in archery? I was just about to ask him but the teacher came and started class. He talked during the whole entire class time that we couldn’t even start today.

As I arrived to my last class of the day, home economics, I notice that there was a crowd of girls crowding the windows. Probably more fangirls, I entered the classroom to find that the only ones there were just a couple of students. That’s weird if it’s not any of ToppDogg’s fangirls then who?

I took a seat at the very back of the class on the stool since the tables were more of lab tables that we had to share with a partner. While waiting for class to start I observed each student as they walked in, getting bored my eyes soon wandered towards the window.

“May I take this seat?” a soft but still loud enough voice for me to hear asked.

I turned towards them and nodded my head as they took the seat. It was a boy, he had longer hair than any other boy I’ve seen he had part of his hair in a ponytail allowing just his bangs to stay out. With his features and quiet personality it was a surprise girls weren’t around him.

“Everyone take a seat I’ll be doing roll then we’ll be moving around seats,” Mrs. Park announced as she stated calling names out.

As she passed the names I waited patiently to see what his name was.

“Now on to the second years,” Mrs. Park continued on with the roll.

“Jeon Wonwoo.”

“Here.”

“Kim Junhoe.”

“Here.”

I sighed in my mind. When will this be over? There aren’t even that many people in here only about 28 students.

“Wen Junhui.” Mrs. Park called.

“Here,” came a soft voice beside me. So his name’s Junhui, he must be Chinese.

“Now on to moving seats, you switch with her, you switch with him,” Mrs. Park continued on until nearly every girl that wasn’t was paired up with a boy.

“For your first assignment of the semester you’ll be sewing,” Mrs. Park got out a stack of papers while groans could be heard all over the room. “You’ll be working on this at school and you will have two weeks to finish it, if you all finish before two weeks then we’ll get on to the next lesson I have planned which will be cooking and baking. For this lesson you will not need a partner however you may talk to one another as long as you don’t move around the room. As for the finished project you can make any shape you desire as long as the finished work is bigger than a regular sheet of paper but smaller than the door. The fabric you’ll be using will be on the table at the back of the room, you may take this assignment home however make sure to bring it to class so that you may work on it. The instructions are all on this sheet that I am passing out to you right now. All you are doing today is choosing what shape you want to sew, you may use your technology to choose a shape or you may draw out a design. You may all begin.” Mrs. Park finished as she was still passing out papers.

I looked at the instructions before staring out the window for an idea. I could make a fish, or would that not be original? A soda can? No that’s boring. What’s something that’s unique and not boring? I ended up lost in my thoughts for the rest of class.

As the bell rang I was still staring out the window until someone shook my shoulder breaking my thoughts.

“Sanghee the bell rang.” Junhui took his hand off my shoulder.

“Um thanks, I’ll see you tomorrow.” I waved a bit before I left.

“Have you seen Sanghee?” I heard someone ask. I turned towards the voice to see it was Mingming asking the other girls in the hallway. What’s he doing? Why’d he ask for me? I turned around abruptly and fast walked away.

“Sanghee!” I could hear him shout, “Wait up!”

I fastened my pace a bit, but Mingming was coming closer.

All of a sudden someone picked me up bridal style and sprinted in the hallway.

“You okay? I saw you trying to run away,” A-tom huffed out as he was running.

“Yea, thanks.”

“Do you need to go to your locker or are you good?”

I looked back to see Mingming still chasing us, “I need to go to my locker but we’re being chased.”

“Call one of the members to go to your locker; we’ll go to the practice room first.”

 I dialed the first number that came to mind, “Yoboseyo,” he picked up after the second ring.

“Yano, can you go to my locker and get my stuff?” I asked.

“Sure, just text me which locker number and combo.”

“Make sure to come to the practice room afterward,” I hung up and texted him my locker number and combo.

We had just exited the school and Mingming was still following us as we headed towards the school gates.

“How much farther do we have until we reach the bus stop again?” I looked at A-tom

“Only a bit more, the bus will be here soon.”

“Can you hurry up a bit?” I glanced back at Mingming.

“You’re heavy,” A-tom let out a breath. I smacked him on the side of the head, “Ah,” came out of his mouth.

“I’m sorry for being heavy, you can just put me down,” I crossed my arms over my chest.

A-tom was still running until he hesitantly put me down, “I didn’t mean it like that Sanghee,” he took in a deep breath.

“No it’s fine I completely understand,” I turned around not caring that I was heading back to school.

“Where are you going?” A-tom shouted.

“I’m going to the practice room with someone else!” I shouted back.

“What about who you were trying to run away from?”

“I’ll find a way on my own!”

Just as I entered the gates I could see Mingming only about 3 feet away. What do I do? He’s right in front of me and he sees me. Mingming was advancing towards me until someone pulled me to the side to underneath a tree and into their arms. I tried to look up and see who it was but they placed their right hand on the back of my head while their left hand was around my waist.

“Just stay still, I’m not going to hurt you. I just want to help you,” they whispered into my ear.