Underground Arcade

Questions

“Where’s there to go this late at night to find plushies?” I asked.

“You’ll see,” Hansol grinned.

I let Hansol drag me for awhile until I started getting tired, “Are we there yet?” I whined.

“Almost, we just have to go down these stairs,” Hansol pointed towards stairs that led down to the subway station.

“Why are we going to the subway station? Is it really that far?”

Hansol shook his head, “Just follow me.” He dragged me down the stairs, “Here we are,” Hansol breathed out as soon as we reached the bottom of the stairs.

I looked around in my surroundings, “An underground arcade?”

Hansol nodded, “This use to be a subway station but no very many people used it so the closed up the tunnel and made it into an arcade and mini mall. They have boutiques and all that, but they don’t open late at night. They just keep the arcade on all day long.” I nodded along as Hansol was talking. “Well what are we waiting for; let’s get you some inspiration for that project!” Hansol started dragging me to the claw machine isle. “Look around there must be something that you like,” Hansol let go of me and continued going deeper into the arcade.

I looked around at the claw machines and the plushies inside; Rilakkuma, Gloomy Bear, Hello Kitty, Maruneko, Totoro, Mineco Family but nothing caught my eye.

I stood around and waited for Hansol to be finished with his games but he took forever. After awhile I got tired and started looking for him myself. I went deep into the arcade where I last saw him but there was still no sign of him. I looked left to right through all the game machines eventually heading back to the claw machine isle.

“Come on, only a little bit more. Yes!” someone shouted.

Hansol?

I walked towards the voice to find that it was Hansol.

So he was in the claw machine isle.

“Can we go home now?” I asked as soon as I reached him.

“Sanghee look what I won!” He pushed a tiny panda shaped octopus plushie towards my face.

I nodded my head, “I see.”

Hansol pouted, “Let’s go back home then.”

On the way back we headed to the nearest convenience store and bought two bottles of banana milk. “You better not drink those.” I pointed to the grocery bag Hansol was holding.

“Yes umma,” Hansol grinned.

“Yah!” I smacked his arm.

“Ow,” Hansol rubbed his arm.

“That’s what you get,” I stuck my tongue out at him.

“Give me your phone,” Hansol stuck his hand out.

“Why?”

“Just do it.” I took my phone out of my back pocket and handed it to Hansol.

“What are you doing?” I asked as soon as I saw Hansol turn away from me with my phone.

“Something,” he mumbled, “Almost done, tadah!” Hansol handed me back my phone with the panda plushie attached.

I smiled, “Thank you.”

We continued our way home talking about random stuff.

“And so the guy just comes to the front of the classroom and salutes to us for no reason,” Hansol rambled on and on as I tried to put my phone in my back pocket

“Nice seeing you here,” someone pulled me to the side away from Hansol and turned me to face them.

“You!” I stared.

“What? It’s been hours since school ended and you missed me that much already?” Seokmin chuckled making his eyes turn into crescents.

“Sanghee what’s the hold up? I turned around for one second and you’re not there, who’s that?” Hansol came back and pointed at Seokmin.

“I’m her friend!” Seokmin chirped letting go of me.

“He’s in my archery class,” I sighed.

“So you can arch?” Hansol looked at Seokmin.

Seokmin nodded shyly, “Yea I can.”

“I’ll be expecting you to take care of Sanghee during archery class then okay?” Hansol grinned and shook Seokmin’s hand all of a sudden.

“Uhm,” Seokmin shook Hansol’s hand, “I have to go before my Hyungs start worrying I’ll see you tomorrow Sanghee we need to talk,” Seokmin let go of Hansol and ran off.

“I like that guy,” Hansol started walking.

“You like anyone that can buy you Nutella,” I stated.

“Not true! But do you really think he can buy me Nutella?”

“He may look like it but I’m pretty sure he’s not that stupid to buy you Nutella.”

“Who said that he had to be stupid?” Hansol pouted.

I sighed, “Let’s just hurry the others are probably wondering where we are.”

Hansol continued pouting on the way up to the dorm.

“We’re home,” I announced as we entered.

“Sanghee,” Sangdo boomed.

“What?” I whined, “We already brought your banana milk. Hansol give it to him,” I sighed taking off my scarf and putting it away in my area of the clothing space not even bothering to take off my beanie.

“Here Hyung,” Hansol took out both banana milks and handed them to Sangdo.

“Who’s this guy you kissed?” Sangdo turned to me after opening a banana milk.

What? Jenissi grrr.

“You!” I stormed into the room I shared with him and Sangdo.

Jenissi looked up from the magazine he was reading.

“How dare you?” I growled climbing the ladder to his bunk.

“I didn’t do anything!” he put his hands up.

“Don’t lie to me!” I tackled him, “How dare you tell Sangdo what I specifically told you not to tell?!” I bit his arm.

“OW! I didn’t tell honestly!” Jenissi tried to push me away from him.

“He’s right you know, he didn’t say anything. But now that you say it what do you know Jenissi?” Sangdo stood near the ladder crossing his arms.

“N-nothing!” Jenissi held both his arms up.

“Wait then who told you?” I titled my head.

“Seogoong showed me the picture on his phone, now back to you Jenissi tell me what you know!” Sangdo started climbing the ladder.

“Yah! Yah! Yah! You can’t do that my bed will break.” Jenissi held his hand out as Sangdo reached the top.

“Tell me what you know!”

Wait so Jenissi didn’t tell Sangdo, instead Seogoong showed Sangdo a picture.

As I was processing everything Jenissi hopped off his bunk and ran out the dorm with Sangdo following.

 I followed them out the dorm then started banging my fist on dorm A’s door, “YAH! OPEN UP I KNOW YOU’RE IN THERE!”

“Yes Sanghee?” Xero opened the door.

I pushed past him, “I want his head and I want it NOW,” I growled.

“Who are you looking for?” Seogoong came out of his room.

“YOU!” I tackled Seogoong to the ground hitting his arm numerous of times.

“OW! Not the face!” Seogoong covered his face with his arms just as I retracted my arm back to slap him.

“What’s the problem this time? Did he eat something he wasn’t supposed to?” P-Goon held my wrist back from hitting Seogoong again as he grabbed my other wrist and started pulling me up from being on top of Seogoong.

“He told!” I flailed my arms around to escape from P-Goon’s grip.

“I didn’t tell anyone anything!” Seogoong got up.

“You showed that picture to Sangdo!” I yelled.

“What picture is she talking about Seogoong?” P-goon plainly asked.

“You mean this one?” Seogoong took out his phone and showed the picture to P-goon.

“Rwooh,” P-goon whistled still holding my wrists.

“What is it Hyung?” A-tom and Hojoon took a peek at the phone.

“Who’s that?” Hojoon pointed at Mingming.

“You still showed it to Sangdo!” I kicked P-Goon’s leg causing him to fall to the ground and let go of me.

“I only showed it to him!” Seogoong ran behind Hojoon, “A-tom said something that happened after school!” Seogoong pointed at A-tom who had his eyes widen.

“You told too?” I widened my eyes at him. A-tom then dashed out of the door slamming the dorm door into my face just as I was about to exit. “GET BACK HERE!” I screamed down the hallway while chasing after him.

He ran out the building and onto the streets with me following. We ran past the bus stop and convenience store but A-tom still didn’t slow down one bit.

How far is he going to make me run?

A-tom rounded a corner while I was trying to catch up.

How many turns have we taken? Wait a minute this alleyway, he’s taking the shortcut home!

“A-TOM!” I shouted, but he just ran faster, “GET BACK!” but he just kept running. Both of us eventually made it out of the alleyway alive. I was ran underneath a lamp post after A-tom then someone wrapped their arms around me, digging their face into my shoulder almost as if they were back hugging me.

Seokmin.

“Seokmin I don’t have time for you right now, let’s just talk tomorrow since you said we needed to talk right? I have to go,” my words came out a rush as I pulled his arms apart took a step forward just about run again when he grabbed my shoulder and spun me around burying his face in the crook of my neck.

“Seokmin I’m serious,” I tried pulling us apart but he wouldn’t budge. I felt him move his left hand towards his face as he kept his grasp on me with his other hand.

He stopped moving for a bit and that’s when I felt his hot breathe on my neck followed by his lips pressing onto my skin. “Seokmin?” my voice became barely a whisper. He shuffled his left hand again before turning around and sprinting not even showing me his face.

Was Seokmin wearing those clothes earlier? He’s that same person from last week wasn’t he?

I continued my way home forgetting about A-tom.

“Did you catch him?” Seogoong asked as I headed to my room.

“Huh? Oh no,” I murmured. I pulled out my futon and settled in still deep in my thoughts.

Seokmin said that he had to go before his Hyungs started to worry but that doesn’t mean he can’t leave again. He could have changed clothes the second time he went out too. But why didn’t he respond when I said his name? Why did he give me a kiss on the neck too?

“Sanghee? You okay? You seem a little fazed,” Sangdo waved a hand in my face from his bed.

“I’m thinking! You just made me lose my thoughts!” I threw a pillow at his face then pulled my covers over my head.

“I just wanted to see if you were okay; besides you never told me that guy’s name. Night Sanghee,” Sangdo threw the pillow back to me before turning away.