Crossing The Line

A Fight Between Men

"Hyung!" 

"Yejun? You need something?"

"No, I bought some Pepero sticks. You wanna play that game?"

"With you?!"

"No, with Eun Hae."

"Shouldn't you play when it is your turn in 6 days? It is a little weird to be helping someone who wants the same thing."

"I feel like it is unfair. Even with Raehyun, I know I have the highest chance. I want to make it a little easier for people."

"So you are allowing me to just go for it."

"Mhmm."

"Thank you but don't get to cocky."

"Okay I got it. See you in a minute."

I overheard Kan's conversation with Yejun on the phone. Getting a cup of coffee in the kitchen, I stood there just listening. Pepero sticks? Kan wants to play the pepero game? Interesting. I haven't played that in awhile. Kan came to the kitchen and called me over. I sat in his original spot while he sat in a chair, across from me. 

"Yejunnie is coming home in a bit with Pepero sticks. Rock paper scissors. Loser has to take the non coated end. Winner gets the chocolate."

"You are on. Ready?"

"Rock.... paper... scissors!"

"Aiisssshh...."

"Hehehe."

"This is Yejun's idea right?"

"Yeah why?"

"So you are telling me that his plan is to get us to play and see how crazy you can make me?"

"I think so."

"Isn't he going to be jealous?"

"He said he wants to give everyone a fair chance."

"That doesn't make sense. You all have a 20% chance. 1/5."

"But Raehyun..."

"We made up yesterday remember?"

"Yeah but still.. are you still.."

"No... I knew your turn was coming up and I didn't want to keep living like this, bound to one person and rejecting others."

"The truth?"

"Always."

Yejun burst through the door, with the others following all asking the same question. "Are you guys really doing this?" Kan nodded and took the chocolate cookie sticks from Yejun. Pouring a whopping 20 packs onto the plate, I grabbed one and put the uncoated side between my teeth. I poked Kan's arm, telling him to hurry up. I could see the guys boring holes into Kan, especially Jinon and Daegon standing near the TV. Without hesitating, Kan smiled and started eating, moving closer and closer every second until our noses touched. The guys were holding in their shrieks, jaws dropped, not breathing. He stopped at what felt like an inch from lips touching, looked up and smiled again. He didn't ask if he could keep going... Reaching the end of the chocolate, I ate my end, making the guys drop to the ground of omg because our lips almost touched. Kan got up and walked to a corner to take a breath while I laughed at Jinon's stunned face. 

"Again."

"AGAIN?! Eun Hae."

"I think Kan wants to do it again so why not?"

"But but but.."

"No buts. Unless you want to do it."

"I can't. It isn't my turn."

"I can make a special exception today."

"What do you mean?"

"Everyone can have a turn of course. First come first serve."

Jinon walked forward but got shoved out of the seat by Kan who came back from his embarrassment session. One by one the guys passed, Jinon always being pushed out of the seat. None of them had enough guts to actually touch. I found it amusing how they would all pull away before reaching the end of the chocolate. I was quickly tying my hair but then I noticed Yejun arms crossed, thinking. He had a question on his mind. 

"Yejun ah."

"Huh? Oh Eun Hae. Yeah?"

"Come here. Sit."

"My turn again?"

"Because I want it to be your turn again silly. But you have a question."

"Haha you noticed? Well.. You said special exception today.."

"Yup."

"Special exception as in everyone gets a turn or as in if we all had our turns put into one."

"As in if you get a turn, do what you want."

"Then just to let you all know before you beat the crap out of me, I am not going to hold back."

"How many turns do want?"

"Just one please."

I picked up a stick and took my end, this time in between my lips. I was nearly crying for dear life when Yejun already had his hand slowly making its way up my arm sending shivers down my spine. Closer, closer and closer... Kan was now glaring at Yejun, watching him reach his motive. He asked me a question from the corner, using a harsh unbelievable tone. "Eun Hae are you really letting him do that? Don't you realize it is my turn?" I wish I could have answered but Yejun still inched forward, tilting his head to one side. Raehyun was boiling over with uncontrollable madness, so uncontrollable he had to stand beside me just in case. I glanced over at Kan, giving a pleading look, hoping he wouldn't misunderstand the possible outcome. I loosened my grip on the end of the Pepero stick, wanting to pull away so a fight wouldn't break out but the little witty Yejun, used that moment to take it out of my mouth himself and kiss me. My heart dropped 10 miles when I saw the cookie disappear and Yejun's closing eyes in front of mine. I blinked in shock, opening again, seeing Kan's arms wrapped around Yejun's neck, pulling his head back. 

"You , is this what you meant? Not holding back huh? You want me to hold back or not? Did you even see Eun Hae?"

"Kan I am sorry but it is okay..."

"What do you mean it is okay?! This was his idea in the first place and you are telling me it is okay for him to take my chance?! I thought you were trying to be fair."

"Look can we all just stop. Can we not interfere with each other? Can we not take advantage of other people?"

"Why are you calling me an ? I already warned you before hand and nobody interrupted to object my plan."

"Shut up."

"Then let go."

"Okay my fault then. I give up. I shouldn't have let Yejun do this. But Kan! You wanted to!"

"Eun Hae." Daegon shook his head, sending the message that there was no point. Again. 

"Don't put me in this again. I am done with all this. Take her if you want."

We all watched Kan run out the door and bolt down the stairway. Kan.. was gone. Jinon sighed and scratched his head, walking over to the kitchen with Yejun and I following. They both watched me grab a half full glass of water from the fridge, both with a pitiful face. I could tell what they were thinking right away. I didn't even need to ask. They felt bad that they were causing all this pain. Without them none of this would have happened. The other 2 were still out in the living room. I felt so helpless. Third time a member has left since September... Geez. I was so lost. I didn't know what to do other than continue the schedules and see if we could make it to the last month with a final decision. My phone rang. Kan. 

"Just remember one thing. I loved you."

He hung up, not needing a response. The tears dripped onto the ground as I put my phone away...