It All Begins

A Fight Between Men

September 30 11:19PM

It was getting pretty late and the sun set forever ago. The guys said they wanted to have one last dinner before the competition starts to rise tomorrow. I put on some warm clothes and decided to walk to the meeting place. I set the time for 12:30AM at a park 10 blocks away. I left a note for the guys since I wouldn't be here to tell them that the "game" if I must say, starts.

Dear Kan, Raehyun, Daegon and Jinon,

As you probably know by now, I chose Yejun at my top. Even though all your letters were wonderful to read because of both simplicity and emotion, Yejun's letter hit me with more down to Earth honesty than anything else. Since it is past 12, I wish you guys good luck. The competiton starts now. You guys are not allowed to stop Yejun from doing anything to me but I am not ignoring you guys at all. I will still treat you all the same and do my job as a house keeper, care taker, makeup artist and hair stylist. Don't worry, I will be back soon. 

Once I was done, I placed it on their door and left. It was going to be a long walk. It was 12:25 when I got to the park. The wind grazed my hair while the scent of trees after a heavy downpour floated through the air of the wide walking trails. I jogged over to the huge LED lit water fountain only to find Yejun. Quietly, I strolled over behind him and wrapped my arms around his waist. 

"Thank you."

He entwined his fingers between mine and turned me around. Yejun's face screamed embarassment as he hid his face in his white scarf. 

"What do you mean? I should be the one thanking you."

"No, just thank you for being you. I was extremely pleased while reading your letter, that's all."

"So does it all start now?"

"Yeah. You only get 6 days."

"But what about my hyungs? I don't want to disrespect them. I know this is only the beginning but what would happen if I took their girl from them? Wouldn't that hurt their feelings?"

"Yejun, don't worry about anything. I am going to do this all with an open heart and complete fairness towards all of you so every single person has the same 1/5 chance. Feelings are going to be damaged during this process but this is what the 6 of us have to do."

"Alright. So I can do anything?"

"As long as I don't feel overly uncomfortable."

"Then can we just walk and hold hands?"

"Sure."

Yejun led the way while holding my hand with an even tight grip. It was so warm. We walked on without saying anything. It was a really awkward and what the not weird feeling to be strolling in a park at night like couples with someone you are friends with... When we got the the end of the trail which was the starting again, I couldn't help but giggle. Yejun's face was full of joy but I could feel that he had butterflies just from that. His cheeks were flushed with a strawberry red. 

"What?"

"Nothing."

"Are you sure? You aren't hiding anything right?"

"No not at all."

"I will trust you but you better not backstab me."

"I am not that kind of person, silly."

"It is getting late. We should go back."

"Yeah we should."

"But.. Eun Hae... Can I... hug you again?"

"Huh?"

He pulled me in, quickly and I felt his heart relax after he took a deep breath. His silky hair tickled my ear as his big hands held me tightly. It was a safe place to be like going home after nearly dying in a hailstorm. But why?

"Yejun oppa... why?"

"I want to hug you again before going home. I might not get the chance to again like this if chaos erupts once we go back and see everyone."

"That's fine."

"Eun Hae ah."

"Mhmm?"

"Your hair smells nice."

"Thank you. You know, since when were such a quiet and gentle person like this?"

"I don't know. I just want to do this with you everyday."

We walked home again, holding hands. 2:00. Too late. But who cares. Yejun got to the front of the dorm building and unlocked all the doors for me. There was a note left on my door. 

Hey Eun Hae, it is probably late now. Us 4 want to talk about some things without Yejun tonight. It won't be anything bad but we just want to talk. If you don't mind spending the night with him in your dorm, that would be very well appreciated for our manly privacy keke. Good night :) 

Jinon, Raehyun, Daegon and Kan. 

That night, Yejun slept in the guest room. My room was connected to his, just in case he needed something. It was around 2:45 he walked in and asked the most random question that he could have asked earlier. 

"Eun Hae, what should I call you?"

"What do you mean? Isn't Eun Hae right?"

"Yes but calling you by your name is kind of weird now that I have properly confessed. Can I call you something else?"

"Yejun, you can call me whatever you want and do whatever you want without my permission."

"Okay then. Goodnight, sweetie. Hehe."