Uncertain Decisions

A Fight Between Men

Day 6 October 2 10:05AM

This morning was peaceful. The guys were playing video games while I made a calender for them to fill out themselves. It was only the October calender because I didn't want to get ahead of myself and put down the order of who I wanted to go with first for November. The days for them would be marked out and they could put down what they want to do that day with me. The past few days have been relatively fun. Every time I was alone with Yejun, I got to notice how cute and quiet he was without the others around. I still remember on the third when we went shopping, I wanted to buy a new pair of skinny jeans. I was trying them on and came out to ask for Yejun's opinion. He just smiled and said "You look beautiful, sweetie." The only reason I remember it clearly was because that was the first time I felt myself feel so flustered just by seeing him smile. Today was the last day for Yejun of the month and he wanted to go back to the park we went to on Day 1. He didn't want to do anything else so I stayed in my dorm, cleaning and reorganizing. After I was done, I picked up my bag and went over to the guys dorm. 

"Oh Eun Hae! Where are you going?"

"Nowhere special. Just going out to buy some coffee."

"It is chilly out there, don't forget a sweater."

"Alright. Does Yejunnie oppa want something?"

"1 americano please! Do you guys want anything?"

"Make that 2."

"Make that 3."

"I will have an iced tea, please."

"I will also then!"

"Okay!

"Thank you Eun Hae!"

I left and giggled to myself the whole way because my aegyo came out at the most ridiculous time. I came back 15 minutes later with the drinks and spent the rest of the afternoon playing video games with the guys. I cooked dinner for the guys and did the dishes as they ate. I secretly left for the park at maybe 12 without anybody knowing and met up with Yejun at the same spot again moments later.

"Hey, why did you leave first?"

"I wanted to be here before you. Why did you want to come to the park again?"

"No reason in particular. I just wanted to."

"You sure are hard to read."

"I guess. Oh, thanks for calling me Yejunnie oppa earlier. I was surprised that you actually called me that in front of the others."

"I never would have thought that I would say that in fact. So it is okay with you if I call you Yejunnie oppa?"

"Yes of course!"

"Then, Yejunnie oppa, thank you."

"For what?"

"I had a lot of fun with you these 6 days."

"But... did I move your heart, even just a little?"

"That is my own secret and I am not going to say anything."

"It is your choice. So.. It is Jinon hyung's turn tomorrow.."

"Mhmm."

Yejun held my face in his hands. His face didn't have a bright expression but a blank one as he ran his hands through my hair before leaning in and kissing my forehead. My heart was pounding so loud I felt I could hear it coming out of my ears. 

"Thank you for everything. Thank you for giving me a chance."

"Ye-but I- "

"Shhh. I know."

Day 4 October 10 8:37PM

I was so lonely and bored sitting at their dorm. All the guys had radio broadcasts and interviews today. I had a headache.... I knew I had an open heart since it was Jinon's turn but I couldn't stop thinking about Yejun's kiss the other night. Even on the 7th, when Jinon took me out for coffee and cake, he was worried because I kept staring into space but in reality I was still thinking of Yejun's kiss. I was so frustrated. Why did he have to do that? He could have just said thank you. Now look at me. I am so unfocused. Out of my negative emotions, I curled up under Jinon's covers and fell asleep. 

"Hey isn't that Eun Hae?"

"Where?"

"On your bed."

"Shhh be quiet. She might be sleeping."

"Eun Hae? Are you okay?"

"Huh... Oh yeah... "

"Oh no, sorry for waking you up. 

"No. It is okay. It is just that I wasn't feeling so good earlier."

"Why? Did you eat something wrong?"

"I was overthinking about stuff and then ended up getting a headache. I am okay now. No worries."

"Are you sure?"

"Yeah I am sure."

I sat up properly as Jinon gave me a glass of water. I rested on his shoulder without saying anything until my exhaustion from staying up for 3 nights straight, took over and I went to sleep again. I woke up the next day in my own dorm, on the couch with Jinon's sweater over me. The clock read 11:00AM. Sunday... No schedules today. Jinon walked over with a bright smile as he placed a plate of french toast and ice cream on the coffee table. I shuffled forward and dug in. Man did it taste good. I couldn't stop smiling because it tasted so good. Jinon got up and went to my bedroom before returning with a brush and a hair ties. He tied my hair up and sat back down. I gave the last piece of toast of him and he ate it with a grin.

"Thank you."

"For what?"

"Cooking for me."

"Oh that's not a big deal."

"Either way."

"Then you're welcome."

"Also you know, when you tied my hair up, you did a lot better than Yejun."

"Haha thanks. But you might want to quiet down a little. You are going to make him jealous."

"Why?"

"He is in the in your room right now, doing laundry."

"Who's laundry?"

"His own. He ran out of clothes to wear and Raehyun is back in our dorm using the machines."

"Ah. But isn't the point of all this to make everyone jealous?"

"If you say so. What do you want to do today?"

"Hmm. Let's just. Sit and talk. After coffee of course!"

"Okay. I will start. You wanna know what happened yesterday after you fell asleep?"

"What?"

"Yejun-goon walked in to see you, stood right by this own bed and did his usual hair flip. Sounds normal right?"

"Yeah. He does that all the time!"

"He hit the side of his head on the bed post. The face he made was PRICELESS I tell you!"

Jinon and I burst out laughing before Yejun came out. We both just looked at him while holding in our laughter. His cheeks went bright pink as he asked us "What?" We didn't say a word. He stormed off with his basket of clothes and a confused expression. I couldn't help but think oops. Jinon and I just kept talking about everything and anything from what elementary school was like to our favorite things. I never realized how similar our personalities were. Jinon loved to just joke around and make silly faces but deep down he was passionate and mature. He was way quieter and shy when he was alone with me which was a whole 180° flip from when he was with the others. The time flew by and soon enough it was 4:18PM. After fixing my image, we went to the cafe down the block and treated eachother coffee. I told him about an idea I had for the second month or third month. The day where it was just a free day and there no restrictions.

"The last day of the third month?"

"Yup. I want to play something a little more risky."

"Risky as in?"

"Spin the bottle."

"Which one?"

"The kissing one."

"But Eun Hae. Isn't that crossing the line?"

"I don't think so."

"So the 5 of us plus you in a huge blanket fort playing spin the bottle. If say Kan gets picked, Kan gets to kiss you."

"Pretty much. Regardless of what happens in the 3 months. It doesn't matter if one of you has already kissed me."

"How about 10 rounds? That way there is a good chance of all of us getting a turn."

"Sure?"

"Wait... What if someone gets more than one turn?"

"Then they get more than one turn."

"Eun Hae you really want to just make everyone jealous before the ending don't you?"

"Just to flare everyone up. After it they will realize that if I picked them out of full true emotional connection, they will get to kiss me and me only for as long as we are together."

"That is smart. Raising the competition."

"This is our secret though. I am not telling anyone until the day of."

"Alright. Our secret."

"Also another secret just for you to keep."

"You are going to trust me with all this?"

"Yes because you are Jinon oppa."

"Okay go ahead."

"I am leaving after the last day of the third month."

"What?!"

"I am going back home..."

"For how long?"

"I don't know..."

"Why?"

"My parents want me to go back to university and change my minor degree to a major in business. My major is already in cosmetics and my minor was in language, making Korean my main."

"Why change your minor? You already have a good job and your Korean is perfect despite being a foreigner."

"I think they want me to change my whole career. You know. Be an accountant or whatever."

"That is just ridiculous."

"I know! I can't much about it. All they want is for us to make a lot of money. I grew up with the words 'Money before self pride and happiness.'

"Eun Hae. Be honest, what did you think about that?"

"Personally I thought it was the worst life lesson. They didn't realize that this lesson was the cause of their own misery. I never got to express what I felt about it to them. They never understood what was the point of being happy when you can't be successful."

"So why are you going back? Can't you just stay here?"

"No. I wish that were possible but I have to go back and get another minor or get 2 majors. I am thinking of getting maybe a minor in chemistry for cosmetics purposes or getting a major in Korean."

"You do know that doing either takes 3 months or even half a year. Going at full speed and studying like a mad person, giving up sleep and social life gets you to 2 months at least."

"I know... I will be back before your comeback for you comeback in March. No worries. I just don't want to leave you all hanging for more than 3 months. I feel like Daegon would go back to being secretive and shy, hiding and holding in his feelings, anger or not."

"True. But what if your parents don't let you go?"

"They can't stop me. I can leave the country whenever I want. I am content with everything I have here. My friends, my job, you guys and what I have gotten from just being here."

Jinon promised to keep these two things a secret no matter what until the end. I told him I was going to tell everyone the week before I leave. It would make the spin the bottle game more exciting. Especially for those who are scared to make a move out of self control. Before we left, Jinon bought 4 extra coffees for everyone at home. It was around 6:30 when we got back. The guys were playing video games and the kitchen was already prepped for cooking, with lots of veggies and some pork cutlets. The guys wanted my specialty ramen for dinner today. I did as told and make a huge batch so there was obviously going to be leftovers for breakfast tomorrow. I explained to them the comeback concept document that I got in the mail over dinner. They were super hyped up about it, especially Daegon and Raehyun who haven't been able to try a cute concept yet. They liked the outfits too which were simple like I requested. Very different from their previous comeback. Yejun asked if we could change the outfits just a little. He didn't like the grey t-shirts and blue jeans because he knew they didn't suit Kan or Raehyun. In the end we decided on white t-shirts and black jeans. Around 9:45 we headed for the dance practice room 10 blocks down. 

"Kan! Don't forget socks! The teacher scolded you on that last time!"

"I got it!"

"Daegon, you have your extra shirt right?"

"Yeah, right here."

"I have your water bottles and Yejun's hair pins. Let's get going."

I was driving at a faster speed than normal just to make sure we were going to make it on time. The minutes kept ticking down as we sped down the highway. We arrived just in time and met up with the teacher. His never changing stern look greeted us as the guys rushed into the changerooms and changed. 

"Ah Miss Eun Hae, what brings you here tonight?"

"Nothing much. Just had some spare time. How long is practice today?"

"Depends. There are a couple of steps I want to focus on tonight. You can help if you want since I know you learned the routine before the boys."

"Sure, my pleasure."