Separation

A Fight Between Men

"No! I can't do this anymore! Jinon, it has been one year already. Why do I have to go through this differently?"

"Daegon, please can you calm down for a second?"

"Why do I need to calm down? Can you just listen for a minute? I feel like all of this is not even going my way at all! I can't even talk to her, I can't even greet her properly, I can't spend a moment with her, she doesn't even look my way because she is always with you and everyone else!"

"You are the one who can't even get your feelings out!"

"How can I? You don't even give me time and we are busy for the whole day!"

"Daegon, are you out of your mind?! I can't believe you are getting mad because of this!"

"Well maybe I am. Just because I might not be good looking or I might not be as open as you, doesn't mean I can't have a girl like her! I don't think you understand how much I like her!"

"I don't think you understand our situation here. Don't you know that all five of us like her? Don't you know that she has to leave in 5 months?" 

"Do not even bring that up! Of course I know."

"THEN GET A HOLD OF YOURSELF, DAEGON."

"I CAN'T! It is all of your faults. You can't even respect me and my feelings! I have been holding this in for too long. Maybe if all of YOU didn't make her mad that day, then this wouldn't have happened!"

"How can you blame this on us?"

"You were with her and Yejun that day in our bedrooms! She ran out of the dorm, crying. How can I blame this on you guys? I haven't said a word about it! I haven't even fought over her with anyone of you because you are the ones always in the midst of arguing with eachother about who loves her more! I cannot deal with this any longer. I am leaving. F.Cuz can fall apart if you guys want it to. I am not going to do anything about it."

Daegon opened the door and ran off angerily not even taking a glance at me. Not even realizing that I was by the door the whole time. I slowly walked in and took off my shoes, pushing them against the wall. Raehyun and Jinon were near tears, Kan was sitting on the couch with Yejun leaning on the wall by the bedroom. All of their expressions resented anger, lonliness, regret, guilt and pity. I moved towards the center of the living room. Jinon looked up at me with dark sad eyes.

"Eun Hae..."

My head was filled with negative thoughts. Was this all my fault? Should I have applied for this? Should I leave? Should I quit? Was it right for me to hear all that? Are they seriously fighting over me? Is Daegon going to be okay? Why did Daegon do that out of the blue? Is there anything I can do? This is all my fault. The more I regretted my actions, I clenched my fists. Just then Yejun came over and looked down at me, grabbing my shoulders tightly. 

"I a-"

"No, we are sorry, Eun Hae."

He wrapped his arms around me, combing through my hair while bending down and whispering in my ear, telling me everything is going to be okay. It wasn't long until I started crying. I felt terrible. Everything was fine before I came. They didn't even need me before and now this happened. I cried and cried until I fell asleep. Yejun left me to sleep on the couch with his blanket and pillow before leaving to the dance practice room to blow off some steam and focus on something else. I woke up at 1AM, 3 hours later, in Raehyun's lap. He helped me up and I saw their manager, Kim Myeok Sul sitting in a chair by the door with a worried gloomy look. He turned to Jinon who was also by the door.

"Jinon, you are the leader. I haven't been here for 10 months. Explain. What is going on here?"

"Well... Truth is, after you left and we spent every single day with Eun Hae, all 5 of us kind of.. um.."

"No. You can't be serious. You guys are idols! Idols are supposed to sing and dance. Not fall in love. This brings us down! Not to mention all 5 of you!"

"Sorry... We didn't want it to happen. Honestly."

"I understand but all 5 of you! What are you going to do about it? If those sasaeng fans find Daegon, I bet you he is going to be bombarded with questions."

Jinon was quiet. He didn't say anything for the longest time. The two guys who I was the closest with, Yejun and Raehyun were holding my hands with their faces at the ground. 

"Look guys, Miss Eun Hae, I understand that love happens but you guys have to deal with the scandals. I am not doing that. I am going to leave again and I am not returning until March. You better be all sorted out by then."

He left. For some reason, I thought he was a bit heartless but then and again, Managers are usually like that. After that, everyone turned and looked at me. They were all so helpless. They had no idea what to do. Kan broke the silence and asked what happened that day with Jinon and Yejun. 

"I was sitting in the bedroom on Raehyun's bed with Jinon, discussing about the lyrics of a song. We finished just when Yejun walked in. He wanted me to sit beside him so I did and Jinon got a little mad about it. He was like Yejun, you always have such an advantage. Yejun looked up at him and said of course I do. I have the guts to show it. The two of them started fighting about it and kept saying stuff about respect and how to be a man and stuff and I saw that Eun Hae was getting really fed up with it. She forcefully told them to stop before storming out and crying. Jinon hyung I am sorry to say this but you shouldn't have talked to Yejun like that, even if you were a tad bit jealous."

"So if it is like that, can we not fight anymore? Look, I know you guys like me and at the start I didn't want it to end up like this but now that it has come to this, can you all be a bit more mature and just discuss it in a formal manner? We have a bigger problem on our hands. Daegon is nowhere to be found! Let's all just go to bed and start over tomorrow. It is too late and it would be a waste of time and energy to do anything now, okay?"

They all nodded and got ready for bed. Yejun asked if he could stay with me in the living room tonight instead of just going to sleep in his  Jinon was fine with it, oddly. It was really comforting to sleep in Yejun's lap. He didn't move around a lot and he stayed there for the whole night without having to get up. Besides his legs were super warm. I didn't like him as anything else other than a friend but I would have rather slept with him than anyone else. Everyone else except Yejun was really grumpy. At around 6am, Yejun woke me up. Jinon was standing in front of both of us. 

"Eun Hae, Yejun, I am sorry. Really really sorry for what happened that day."

He bowed 90°. We were both shocked. Jinon didn't have to apologize in my opinion. He went back to sleep after I told him it is okay. I felt so bad about this. Everyone is guilty because of me. I didn't mean to.