Theme 029

VIXX 300 Theme Challenge
Title: Happiness
Pairing: Luck
Related Chapter: 23, 38, 52, 62, 72, 80, 97, 101, 109, 121, 140, 169, 197, 264,
Word Count: 669

 

Leo watched as Sanghyuk moved around the kitchen, tail swishing back and forth and ears twitching at every little sound. Hakyeon sat on the other side of the table watching the cat-boy just as carefully. Sanghyuk glanced at the pair from the corner of his eye before letting out a small sigh. They’d been doing the exact same thing for the past week and, to be honest, it was starting to grate on his nerves.

And who could blame him? Leo was watching him so intently, like he expected Sanghyuk to mess up or something. And Hakyeon watched Leo the exact same level of intensity, like he expected Leo to suddenly pull out a knife and start killing people. Sanghyuk didn’t know what was going through either’s mind and that kind of worried him. He could generally tell what Hakyeon was thinking, so not knowing was more than a little bothersome. As for Leo? Sanghyuk had thought he’d figured the cat-boy out a month ago after he’d revealed his true form, but in recent weeks he’d come to realize that he hadn’t figured out a damn thing about Leo. Case in point; the intense staring.

“Damn it,” Sanghyuk hissed, yanking his hand away from the hot oven. He’d been so caught up in his thoughts that he hadn’t been paying attention to what he was doing.

“Hyukkie,” Hakyeon rushed to the younger’s side, “are you ok?”

“I’ll be fine, hyung,” Sanghyuk smiled, trying to sound believable even though his hand really hurt, “nothing to worry about.”

Leo frowned, making his way over and grabbing Sanghyuk’s hand. Without a word, he pulled the human over to the sink and the tap, letting the ice cold water run over the burn. Sanghyuk let out a small hiss before trying to pull his hand away and assure Leo that he was fine. The cat-boy didn’t reply, dragging Sanghyuk off in the direction of the first aid kit while Hakyeon followed closely behind.

Without a word, Leo went to work looking after Sanghyuk’s burn. The younger of the two human sighed, watching Leo work before turning to Hakyeon who was watching them.

“Don’t you have work, hyung?” Sanghyuk asked.

“Crap,” Hakyeon cursed, looking at his watch, “I’m going to be late.” With a call of ‘look after him, Leo,’ Hakyeon ran out of the apartment.

“I’m fine, Leo,” Sanghyuk sighed again, returning his attention to Leo, “don’t worry.”

“You don’t look after yourself,” Leo replied, glaring down at Sanghyuk’s burn.

“You make it sound like I never take care of myself,” Sanghyuk rolled his eyes, “I can’t be that bad.”

“You are,” Leo nodded, “you didn’t eat breakfast this morning. Hakyeon said you only had a bag of chips and a pop for lunch. You missed lunch and dinner yesterday, too.”

“Oh,” Sanghyuk looked down, more than a little surprised. He knew Leo was right, too. It just sounded so bad the way Leo said it. Or maybe it sounded bad when it was put into actual words.

“You need to look after yourself,” Leo frowned, “I can’t go with you to make sure you’re alright. I can only look after you here at home.”

“Leo,” Sanghyuk looked at the cat-boy in wonder. He had no idea that the other cared that much.

“You need to look after yourself,” Leo repeated his earlier words.

“Let’s go eat dinner,” Sanghyuk finally said, pulling Leo back into the kitchen, “I haven’t really eaten anything today and I’m hungry.”

Leo nodded, insisting that he finish getting dinner ready so that Sanghyuk didn’t get hurt again. The following morning, Leo found Sanghyuk’s bed empty and dishes in the sink.

“He ate before he left,” Hakyeon yawned, entering the kitchen moments after Leo, “and he took an actual lunch with him. Did you say something to him?” Hakyeon gave Leo a knowing look, “because whatever you said worked. Good job, kitty cat.”

Leo smiled ever so slightly to himself, happy to know that he’d helped Sanghyuk.

A/N: went a little bit astray from the theme, but I think I managed to bring in back in by the end.