Theme 089

VIXX 300 Theme Challenge
Title: Through the Fire
Pairing: Luck
Related Chapter: 26, 30, 35, 40, 47, 56, 59, 66, 73, 75, 83, 86
Word Count: 801

                     

Leo was scared, so scared that he was pretty sure he’d stopped processing his fear ages ago because he wasn’t feeling much of anything anymore. That, or somewhere between breaking into the lab and watching one of the scientist light the place on fire he had given up caring about living or dying. So long as he got to Hyuk and Sooyoung before the building collapsed on them, he didn’t care what happened to him.

Getting his lover and child out would be a great bonus, though. Being able to get all three of them out safe and sound before going off to live happily ever after would be even better. But that was a thought that was much too hopeful for Leo at that moment. Maybe when he wasn’t running through fire and smoke, he could think hopeful things like that.

“Hyuk!” he yelled, throwing open a set of doors with enough force to rip them off their hinges, “where are you?”

“Leo?” he almost missed the quiet response thanks to the fire alarms ringing outside.

“Hyukkie,” Leo yelled, moving around the room him hopes of finding the younger.

It didn’t take much time. Hyuk was sitting in the corner of his cell – the cell he always ended up in no matter how many times they brought him there. The younger smiled slightly before he began to cough, the smoke starting to get into his lungs.

“You’re here,” Hyuk smiled, slowly getting up and trying to walk over to the shattered glass wall separating them only to be pulled back by the chains holding him.

“I’m here,” Leo nodded, shattering the lock on the door and rushing to hold Hyuk tightly after undoing the chains, “I miss you so much.”

“I miss you too,” Hyuk replied, wrapping his arms around the other tightly as if he expected Leo to suddenly vanish.

“Where is she?” Leo asked, “Where is Sooyoung?”

“You’re cell,” Hyuk said, pulling back with a look of horror as he realized that – even if it was just for a moment – he had forgotten about his daughter.

The pair rushed to the next cell, Leo making quick work of the cage door only to pause when he found Sooyoung lying unconscious on the floor. His heart froze, fear returning at the thought that he might lost his child. That he might have already lost her. Hyuk didn’t pause, blindly rushing to pick their child up in his arms.

“She’ll be fine,” Hyuk assured Leo, exiting the cell, “she’ll be fine so long as we get out of here.”

“Right,” Leo nodded, eyes hardening with determination to escape the burning building with his mate and child, “follow me.”

Getting out was a great deal harder than getting in. Many of the exits that Leo knew of were blocked thanks to the fire and in the distance he could hear small explosions going off that signaled the flames had reached the flammable materials kept in the laboratories and storage lockers. He could also hear the fire trucks arriving on the scene, but that did little to comfort him.

“Here,” Hyuk suddenly voiced, taking one of Leo’s hands and leading him down a set of stairs.

“Hyuk,” Leo frowned slightly, “this only leads to the basement. We’ll be trapped down here. And if the floor gives way we’ll be crushed.”

“They had another test subject,” Hyuk explained, looking just as mournful as he sounded, “he told me about an escape route in the basement. He said that normally it’s too heavily guarded, but with the fire……”

“Anyone who could stop us is already gone,” Leo smirked slightly, “or would be a fool to come down here and try.”

The pair didn’t have to look hard for the door, already left open thanks to whoever had last used it to escape the burning building. Soon, the pair were running down a dark hallway made of bricks, listening to the sounds of the building collapsing behind them. That sound only made Leo move faster.

“Fresh air,” Hyuk smiled as the tunnel came to an end at the pair were greeted by a river flowing under a bridge. Apparently the tunnel came to an end on the other side of town, right under a bridge the pair could clearly remember using to get home the last time they had lived in the city.

“We’re free,” Leo smiled, wrapping his arms around Hyuk’s shoulders while being mindful of Sooyoung’s head, “we’re finally free.”

“You should call the others,” Hyuk said, turning slightly so that he could rest his head on Leo’s shoulder, “they’ll be worried.”

“I will,” Leo nodded before softly kissing his mate for the first time in seven years, “but not now. I just want to be alone with you and Sooyoung right now.”

A/N: the cute, perfect end to the vampire Luck AU. I know, I know, you guys don’t wanna hear that. But just think, now you’re going to get a full story with extra content! I should have that up in a couple of days, but I’ll tell you exactly when it’s up so that anyone who’s interested will know exactly where to find it. right here.