Theme 103

VIXX 300 Theme Challenge
Title: Content
Pairing: HyuKen
Related Chapter: 41, 48, 50, 54, 60, 69, 78, 87, 96, 114
Word Count: 473

                     

Ken was happy. Very happy in fact. He had his mate, four young werewolf children who he regarded as his own offspring, and his four closest friends from his old pack had joined them. To make things even better, the pack kept growing. Some wolves came from his old pack, cast out by an alpha that they all agreed had gone crazy, others came from packs scattered all over the country, cast out for a variety of reasons (mostly stupid reasons if you asked Ken).

“I’m happy,” Ken said, curling up closer to Hyuk as the pair rested in their bed.

“Good,” Hyuk smiled slightly, just enjoying the feel of the morning sunlight coming through their bedroom window.

“How many new pack members have we gotten this week?” Ken questioned, shifting around so that he was sitting on Hyuk’s stomach.

“Around eight,” the other replied, “Leo found a couple of young kids who’d been cast out and N brought in three teens who’d run away from arranged mates. The rest found us. We’re getting a reputation.”

“A good one I hope,” Ken giggled, leaning down to kiss his mate’s lips.

“We’re known as a safe place for rouges,” Hyuk smiled slightly, pulling Ken down to rest against him, “I think that’s a good reputation, but that’s just me.”

“Not just you,” Ken pointed out, “I think it’s a good thing. So do our pack, or else they wouldn’t be here.”

“N doesn’t think it’s a good thing,” Hyuk’s smile faded a little, “and I think he might be right.”

“Why?”

“Having a reputation,” Hyuk explained, “means that people know where to find you. if they know that……well, they can find you.”

“Obviously,” Ken playfully rolled his eyes.

“Everyone can find us, Ken,” Hyuk sighed, “even your old alpha.”

“Oh,” Ken’s playfulness faded a little.

“Yeah,” Hyuk nodded.

“But,” Ken sat back up, a confident look on his face, “I know you can take him, Hyukkie. You’re our alpha, you’re my mate. Even if he comes here, I know you can take him down.”

“I love you,” Hyuk said, running his fingers through Ken’s hair before pulling him down for another kiss.

“I love you too,” Ken smiled before getting out of bed, “I’m going to make breakfast. Anything you want me to make in particular?”

“Not really,” Hyuk yawned, “make whatever you like.”

Ken smiled, watching as Hyuk fell asleep again, before leaving for the kitchen. He knew that the threat of his old alpha wasn’t something he should brush off so easily, but he couldn’t help it. He knew Hyuk could take the old werewolf, he knew that his mate wouldn’t let anything happen to their pack. He was confident that they had nothing to worry about, so he brushed off the threat for the moment and got to work making breakfast.

A/N: sweet little morning for HyuKen. ……and that’s where I’ll end it because everything else I can think of to say holds the threat of spoiling what’s next…..pretty sure you guys already have a good idea of what’s next but…..still don’t wanna give anything away. sorry the chapter came so late in the day, guys. woke up sick as a dog so i mostly just stayed in bed and slept/played SmashBros. but i'm feeling much better now, so don't worry 'bout me