Theme 096

VIXX 300 Theme Challenge
Title: In the Storm
Pairing: HyuKen
Related Chapter: 41, 48, 50, 54, 60, 69, 78, 87, 103, 114
Word Count: 754

                     

Hyuk pulled Ken closer to him, allowing his mate to muffle his sobs in his chest. In another part of the cave, he could hear BamBam’s soft breathing accompanied by the breathing of the other werewolves that he had added to their pack. Looking over, he smiled slightly at Jackson and Mark curled up on either side of BamBam. Across from them, JB sat keeping an ever watchful eye over his pack brothers.

“JB,” Hyuk called out softly, “get some rest.”

“But you’re busy looking after Ken,” the young werewolf frowned slightly, “please allow me to focus on them.”

“I can look after everyone,” Hyuk assured him, “you need your rest if you’re going to help constructing any sort of building for our pack.”

“Don’t understand why we can’t just stay here,” JB sighed, moving closer to other three.

“A house is more comfortable,” Hyuk shrugged, “besides, we only decided to sleep in here because the storm in so bad.” Soon after, JB was asleep.

“He’s working himself hard,” Ken whispered, pulling away from Hyuk’s chest a little so that he could be heard, “maybe too hard.”

“We should find more pack members,” Hyuk frowned slightly, “older with more experience.”

“Or we could go home,” Ken suggested, “I’m sure Yong Guk and the others miss you. My pack probably gave up by now. It has been a year.”

“They’ll know,” Hyuk sighed sadly, “the second we set foot back there, they’ll know. I can’t put you or the kids at risk like that.”

“That’s my alpha,” Ken giggled, nuzzling Hyuk’s neck with his nose, “always looking out for us.”

“Once the storm let’s up, we’ll start building,” Hyuk promised, pressing a quick kiss to Ken’s lips, “I think I promised you once that I’d build you a house, a big one like you’d dreamed. I think it’s about time I delivered that.”

Ken was about to answer, but a loud clap of thunder drew a scared yelp out instead. Hyuk smiled softly, whispering in Ken’s ear that everything would be fine as he wrapped his arms around his mate tighter.

“You look so cute.”

Both jumped up at the new voice. Hyuk quickly pushed Ken back towards the four children, placing himself in between as he growled at the new person who had entered the cave.

“Wow!” N cried, hands raised to signal that he came in peace, “easy, Hyuk, easy. I’m not here to fight.”

“N?” Ken turned around, half way through waking up the kids, “what are you doing here?”

“Looking for a home,” N smiled sadly, “got kicked out. Same with Leo, Hongbin, and Ravi.”

“Kicked out?” Hyuk raised an eyebrow. He stopped growling, but his body stayed tense, ready to attack N if he tried anything.

“The alpha,” N frowned slightly as he tried to find the right words, “he’s gone crazy. Having you run off with Hyuk…..not being able to find you…..it changed things. we spent four months looking for you with no luck, so the searches were called off save for the occasional trip to Yong Guk’s place to see if you’d come back for a visit. After that…..things went back to how they were before you two met.”

“Meaning what exactly?” Hyuk asked.

“Killing bunches of animals without care,” N sighed, trying to brush back some of his wet hair, “it wasn’t long before those animals started to leave and the hunters started to show up.”

“Oh no,” Ken gasped. BamBam who was closest wrapped his arms around his mother figure’s waist in hopes of making the older feel better.

“Things….got worse after that,” N explained, “Leo, Ravi, Hongbin, and I tried to stage a revolt against the alpha, but he was just so strong and he still had so many pack members loyal to him.”

“So you had to run,” Hyuk summarized, “and you came looking for us?”

“Actually this was chance,” N laughed lightly, “a happy coincidence. Leo picked up your scent about a week ago. We lost it yesterday thanks to the rain, so we went looking for shelter instead.”

“Where are the others?” Ken asked, trying to look around N to see his friends.

“Just outside,” N said, “we didn’t know if we would be welcome here or not, so I thought it best if just one of us went in.”

“You’re welcome,” Hyuk decided, “if you want to join our pack, we’ll be happy to have you.”

“Happy to hear it,” N smiled before turning around to call the other three in.

A/N: YAY! VIXX UNITED! But what about that crazy old alpha that none of us like? Can’t imagine that he’ll stay a forgotten memory forever.