Theme 041

VIXX 300 Theme Challenge
Title: Teamwork
Pairing: HyuKen
Related Chapter: 48, 50, 54, 60, 69, 78, 87, 96, 103, 114,
Word Count: 1076

                     

Ken ran, paws pounding against the ground as he pushed himself to go faster. He could hear the hunters chasing him, getting closer and closer with every passing minute. The younger werewolf had no idea what to do, how to get away for the people trying to kill him. his pack brothers had told him countless times that running alone was dangerous, but he hadn’t listened. Now that was going to cost him his life.

Ken was so caught up in his thoughts that he didn’t notice the hill until he was rolling down it. The werewolf rolled and rolled, hitting countless rocks and bushes on his way down, until he hit the bottom. He let out a small whine, trying to get up. he had to get up or he would die.

Suddenly, something was pulling him away. Ken was in too much pain from his fall to put up a fight, so he allowed himself to be dragged around. The thing that dragged him lead him to a small cave, hidden by a think bush not far from where Ken had landed. The thing gently pushed Ken farther into the cave before letting go.

“You can change.”

Ken turned to find a young boy sitting behind him. for a moment, he panicked. How did the boy know what he was? but then everything clicked in his mind. The boy was like him, a werewolf. Silently hesitant of the pain it would cause him, Ken changed back into his human form.

“Thank you,” he bowed slightly, “you saved my life.”

“I didn’t do it for you,” the boy shrugged, “if they killed you, others might come around here looking for more werewolves. Call it self-preservation.”

“Oh,” Ken frowned slightly, a bit put off by the other’s response, “um, I’m Ken.”

“Hyuk,” the boy, Hyuk, nodded slightly in greeting, “what are you doing out here alone? you smell like a pack.”

“Um,” Ken looked down, embarrassed, “I wanted to try running by myself. I guess it didn’t go too well, did it?”

“Nope,” Hyuk laughed a little before going silent, “they’re close. Keep your mouth shut.”

Ken nodded before going quiet. He tried to breath as little as possible, scared that the noise would alert the hunters to their location. The pair listened as the hunters as they walked by, chatting about sticking around the area in hopes of catching the wolf they had been chasing. Ken felt horrible. His pack didn’t live around here, but Hyuk’s did. Because he’d wanted to run alone so badly, he’d put a whole other pack in danger.

“Get out of here,” Hyuk sighed a few hours later when he was sure the hunters were gone.

“I’m sorry,” Ken bowed his head, “I led them here.”

“You’re right,” Hyuk nodded, “this is your fault. That’s why I want you out of here. so you don’t cause any more trouble.”

“I can help!” Ken cried, following closely behind Hyuk as the other exited the cave.

“You want to help?” Hyuk questioned, earning a nod from Ken.

Ken wasn’t sure if he liked the smirk that appeared on Hyuk’s face.

--

Ken ran, paws pounding against the ground as he silently prayed Hyuk had completed his part of the plan. He was getting tired and the hunters were getting closer. From the corner of his eye, Ken caught sight of Hyuk who nodded, signaling that he’d finished his part of the plan.

Ken headed to where Hyuk had told him earlier to go, dodging the net Hyuk had set up carefully so as not to let the hunters behind him realize anything was wrong. Sure enough, the hunters set off the net. Ken slowed down and watched as the net went up with the men inside. The men started to fight, but a gun shot rang out causing them to freeze.

“Just what do you think you’re doing?” asked a man Ken hadn’t seen before, lowering his hand gun that he had fired into the air.

The men in the net were silent, knowing that the new guy knew exactly what they had been doing. Ken watched as Hyuk walked up to the new guy and sat down beside him. The guy patted Hyuk’s head before returning his attention to the hunters.

“Gentlemen,” the guy smirked darkly, “you know that this is a national park, correct? Hunting on these grounds is illegal. You know this, right? And yet here you are, doing exactly that. Hyuk, why don’t you help that wolf over there, get him out of here.” Hyuk nodded before walking over to Ken and leading the werewolf away.

--

The pair of werewolves, now in their human forms, walked in silence.

“Who was that guy?” Ken asked.

“That was Yong Guk,” Hyuk explained, “He’s the park ranger. Well, one of them. Himchan and Daehyun aren’t here today. Yong Guk wasn’t about to let Youngjae, Jongup, and Zelo come with him in case those loser hunters had guns, so they stayed back at the base and called the cops.”

“You’re friends with humans?” Ken gasped.

Hyuk just shrugged. Silence fell again and Ken looked around as if trying to find something he could talk about. He wanted to know more about the other werewolf, but Hyuk didn’t exactly seem too open to the idea of sharing information.

“We make a good team,” Ken finally said, “we caught those hunters together, right?”

“Sure,” Hyuk said as he came to a stop, “we’re at the edge of your packs territory.”

“Oh,” Ken looked around and realized that they were, in fact, right where Hyuk said they were.

“Go home,” Hyuk said before starting to walk away, “you’ve got some pack brothers coming this way.

“Um,” Ken watched as Hyuk started walking away, “thank you for helping me.”

“Whatever,” Hyuk called back, not even bothering to look back.

“Ken!” Ken glanced away from Hyuk to find his closest friends running over to him.

“Where have you been?” N demanded, “We were worried.”

“Who was that?” Hongbin asked, pointing towards Hyuk.

“I was chased by some hunters,” Ken explained, not liking how N and Leo’s eyes darkened in anger upon hearing that, “and he helped me. His name is Hyuk.”

“Why would a rouge help you?” Ravi asked and Ken blinked in confusion.

“Rouge?” Ken whispered to himself, turning back to see Hyuk’s back as it vanished between the trees and bushes of the forest.

A/N: I kind of went off theme a bit, but I’m happy with this. And note to special appearance of Bang Yong Guk of B.A.P