Day 5- They're Coming

4D Irrationality

 DAY 5

 Chapter Title : They're Coming (pt.1)
 Care-takers of the day : Chanyeol and Baekhyun
  

V

THEY'RE COMING

 

 


“Have you guys seen Yi Fan hyung, Tao and Kyungsoo?” Jong In had wondered.
He’d been walking around the apartment for a while now, and he was pretty curious as to why he hadn’t seen the three. Chan Yeol and Baekhyun heard the question thrown, but found that they didn’t know the answer either.

“Oh, they’re at the Taoris room” Minseok replied.
“If you want to go there, prepare to be showered in petals~”Jongdae warned.


Jong In, Chan Yeol and Baekhyun got curious. A few minutes later, they found themselves outside the Taoris door. They opened it. Lo and behold! There were flower piles everywhere! In the middle of it all was Kyungsoo working on a flower crown. And judging by the stacks of said item, this was probably the hundredth.

 “Ok! It’s done now!”Kyungsoo cheerfully chirped.


This one seemed to be done more beautifully than the others. The trio’s attention was brought to Kris, who kneeled down in front of Kyungsoo.

 

“I now knight thee!”Kyungsoo placed the flower crown on Kris’ head.

Tao began to applaud. The trio noticed he was wearing a similar flower crown.

“This is such an honor. Thank you. You can always count on me to save you from revolving doors” Kris bowed respectfully.

 

OK, this was totally weird. The three bystanders were about to leave this crazy coop, until Kyungsoo caught sight of them.

“Oh! Jong In-ah! Yeol and Baekhyung! Come inside!”

“Nah, we’d really rather get goi…”

“There are tons of flowers for everyone!”


Before they could escape, Kris and Tao had dragged the three inside the room. Chan Yeol sat with Kris, Baekhyun sat with Tao, and Jong In sat with Kyungsoo. Kris, Tao and Kyungsoo each made flower crowns for them.

 

“So… is this today’s weird act?” Chan Yeol asked Kris.
“Pretty much. Might as well go along with it, you know.”
“Am I to guess that…”
“That Tao and I have made up?”
“Y-yeah… Did you?”
“Yup. He’s my panda again. And I’m going to make sure it stays that way.”

Chan Yeol stuck his tongue out at Kris.
“Eww~ You’ve become one of them—like Hunhan, Sulay and Xiuchen. You and Tao are lovey-dovey brothers now too.”

“Well, we always were right from the start. It’s just that we forgot for a while because of work and our arguments. We lost sight of how important we were to each other. It’s the same with you and Baekhyun, isn’t it?”


Chan Yeol glanced at Baekhyun for a while. He could see how Baekhyun seemed to be asking about where all the flowers came from. Tao was answering quite animatedly. Baekhyun laughed at a certain part Tao had mentioned.


“Baek and I…
We’re never going back. We can’t. We’ve become cat and dog. It’s not possible.”

“Well, Tao and I didn’t really think we’d get back together either. But I don’t know… a day with Kyungsoo fixed us.
Like it fixed every other arguing pair in our group. You won’t see it coming. But he’ll fix you guys too.

Just anticipate it, I suppose.”

“Oh… Um, ok I guess.”

 

Meanwhile, Kyungsoo was done making Jong In’s flower crown.
“Could you lower your head a bit, Jonginnie? I’m going to place it on you now~”

‘Jonginnie?’
He hasn’t called me that since History era.

Though it was still a little awkward for him to talk to Kyungsoo (since they hardly talked anymore), Jong In lowered his head. Kyungsoo gently placed the flower crown.

“Oh! It looks good on you!” Kyungsoo had said with a smile.
Jong In didn’t say anything; just looked back at Kyungsoo blankly.

 

Just then, Joonmyeon and Lay came rushing into the room.

“We heard from Xiuchen that there was a photo-worthy scenario going on!” Joonmyeon announced.

After taking a good look around, Lay whistled.
“Wow; they weren’t wrong. Look at this place! Fangirls would think they were in heaven. This is definitely going to the scrapbook.”

“You all look absolutely lovely~Such beautiful little flower girls~” Joonmyeon joked.

 

 

Sunshine softy entered the Baekyeol room’s window. Chan Yeol was first to get up. He, Baek and Hunhan were left in the apartment today, because the others had gone out. He groaned, thinking about how he would have to spend the day taking care of crazy Kyungsoo. Plus, with Baekhyun too. This was totally ish. He could be out and about—taking a stroll down the streets or going to the arcade. But noooooo—Kyungsoo just had to go hit his head and fall into some ridiculous sickness that made him spout random baloney. He could only hope that it was as simple as wanting flower crowns.

 

“Oh, good morning hyung!”Sehun greeted.

“Oh… yeah.Morning.”

Chan Yeol still wasn’t used to all the rainbows in this place. It only took Kyungsoo four days to turn more than half of them into sunshiny daisies. Everyone suddenly became so friendly to one another. It was way different from a week ago, where they didn’t give a rat’s hat about each other’s business.

 

“The cereal and milk’s on the dining table, hyung. Go on and help yourself.”
“Uh… thanks.”

 

Chan Yeol went to the kitchen, sat down, prayed, and got started on his cereal. As he was eating, he noticed something from the corner of his eyes. Near the cupboard was something slim and black.
Oh.
It was one of Baekhyun’s eyeliners. Ugh. Seriously? Just seeing it already gave Chan Yeol a bad mood. Who in the world brings his eyeliner into the kitchen? Actually, who brings his eyeliner into the kitchen, into the living room, near the shoe rack, beside the book shelf—just everywhere!? Oh, that’s right—the one and only ByunBaekhyun.

He sighed. He knew Baekhyun couldn’t go a day without his eyeliner, But there was actually a time where it wasn’t this bad. Before…

Before was a long time ago, though. During the old days, Baekhyun never used eyeliner if it wasn’t for work. But when Wolf era arrived, Baekhyun had to use eyeliner for work so much—that he developed the habit of always wearing it, even at home.To always be prepared, Baekhyun had said.

Now of course—Chan Yeol couldn’t care less about that. Whether Baekhyun used eyeliners or not, it wasn’t a problem to him. What really ticked him off was to see the eyeliners everywhere in the house! First it was always scattered all over their room. Pretty soon, he saw it in every other room inside the apartment.

It’s like… It’s like attack of the haunted eyeliner, you know?
Chan Yeol saw it when he woke up.
Chan Yeol saw it when he ate.
Chan Yeol saw it when he brushed his teeth.
Chan Yeol saw it while watching television.
Chan Yeol saw it as he was about to sleep.
The eyeliner was everywhere!
Maybe even mocking him!
Something like—oh~ you can’t get rid of me! 
I, Baekhyun’s eyeliner, shall never disappear from you! Muhahahaha!
One day, I shall fill the entirety of this wretched planet!
I will take over the world!
Power to eyeliners everywhere!
World domination! World domination!

Chan Yeol’s own thoughts were starting to freak him out. He shook his head. Taking a spoonful of cereal and shoving it into his mouth, he sighed for the second time. Because eyeliners weren’t always such a bad thing. Baekhyun wasn’t always such a bad thing.  In fact, Baekhyun used to be one of the best things that ever happened to his life.

They were the dictionary meaning of BFFs. With an additional EA. Best Friends Forever and Ever Always. Wouldn’t make sense to other people, but it was crystal clear to them. Because to Chan Yeol and Baekhyun, the endlessness of forever still wasn’t enough—so they added another Ever. And they added Always. It was their way of expressing how their love for each other was simply too great to measure. So their past… Their past was something Chan Yeol wouldn’t trade for anything. Finishing each other’s sentences. Messing with each other’s hair. Pillow fights into the night. Staring contests. Strolling around the streets when time permitted. Racing to whoever could get a brain freeze first when eating ice cream. Taking advantage of Lay’s terrible attention span (they would start rambling at the poor guy— giving him information overload since he didn’t have the capacity to focus on one person without getting distracted by the other. Lay would end up exhausted and with a headache. Chan Yeol and Baekhyun would just high-five and walk away laughing. It’s not like Lay would remember anything after five minutes anyway).


And, of course, just talking. Whether on the couch, in the bedroom, backstage or at practice—Chan Yeol and Baekhyun talked. About food, about tv programs, about life in general; about their music, about the band, about the fans, about how they’re living the life that others could only dream of. But out of everything they talked about, the best part was always remembering that they met each other. had each other. would always have each other. Because there were only so many BFFEAs in the world—and they were sure they found the right one.

 

But… work got hard. Pressure started to pile up. Schedules and appointments took all their time away. In that moment, being in a band wasn’t so fun anymore. It soon came to Chan Yeol that a kind of distance had formed between him and Baekhyun. During Wolf, Growl and Overdose, not once did they spend quality time with each other. And, not only to them but to the other members too, sleep was lacking. Everyone became grouchy; everyone became uncaring. They were all cranky. The love was lost in the middle of frustrations and tension; giving all-out for the public until they were drained to the bones.

 

And then it happened. At first, Chan Yeol ignored the fact that he always saw Baekhyun’s eyeliners everywhere. When he couldn’t handle it anymore, he told Baekhyun to keep them in the proper place. But Baekhyun couldn’t even do something as simple as that. He continued to leave them wherever he wished. It got annoying.
Chan Yeol complained day after day, but Baekhyun never listened. Chan Yeol got hurt. Forget the eyeliners—how about the fact that his BFFEA was ignoring his simple request? He asked for something so little, and yet… and yet Baekhyun didn’t care enough. Baekhyun brushed him off. Chan Yeol felt confused, sad and angry. All that they were—everything they’ve done together. The bond they had. Wasn’t that enough? Seeing Chan Yeol irritated like this, wasn’t it enough to remember their bond and give in to such a tiny request? How could Baekhyun stop caring about him so effortlessly? Did he even really matter to Baekhyun?


From then on, they argued more. Even if it wasn’t about eyeliners—something as simple as bumping into each other by accident would turn into an insult-competition. Baekyeol ended just like that.


“H-hyung?”
Sehun had entered the kitchen to get a glass of water. “Hyung, are you ok?”

“Huh?”
Chan Yeol only noticed now that a stray tear had made its way down his face. “Oh… Oh, I’m fine! Funny, did my eye just pee? Hehehe”

Chan Yeol laughed bitterly as he wiped away the tear. He knew it all too well; that even though he was angry at Baekhyun for forgetting their friendship, he didn’t hate Baek enough to stop loving him. That was the cruelest part of all. Sehun sat down beside Chan Yeol. He looked at Chan Yeol worriedly.

“Are you sure you’re alright?”
“Yeah, Sehun. I’m ok. Don’t worry about me. I was just having a drama moment.”
“Oh… ok then. But if you ever want to talk about it, I can listen to you.”
“… Thanks. That’s very nice of you.”

 

“Baekkie? It’s time to wake up~ You and Channie have to get Kyungsoo~”
Luhan was softly rubbing Baekhyun’s back, as he tried to wake him up.
Oh. What was that? Luhan leaned in a bit, as he saw… A tear?

“Baekhhyun?”
“… you’re stupid.”
Ok, Luhan did not expect that.

“I leave those eyeliners around for a reason, you stupid giant elf-eared idiot…”

Oh. He must be dreaming about Chan Yeol. 

Just then, Kyungsoo came running inside the room. He went round and round the place, screaming from the top of his lungs.

“THE ALIENS ARE COMING! I HAD A VISION! RUN! RUN FOR YOUR LIVES!
THEY’RE COMING TO DISSECT US AND EAT OUR INNERS, THEN THEY’RE GOING TO UP OUR BLOOD AND THE URINE IN OUR BLADDERS!”

“That’s disgusting” Luhan looked at Kyungsoo in pure horror. “Oh, but isn’t the urine in the kidneys? Not the bladder?”

“Hyung, please, does it matter where urine is from? Whether it’s from the bladder or the kidneys or the brain, the aliens are going to drink it up like they’re in a bar.”

“Eww.”

“BAEKHYUN HYUNG! WHY ARE YOU STILL SLEEPING!? THIS IS NO TIME TO BE IGNORANT!”

Luhan tried to stop him, but Kyungsoo jumped onto Baekhyun—effectively waking him up and giving him the scare of his life.

“AAAAAHHHHH! KYUNGSOO! WHAT’S THE BIG DEAL!?”

“THE ALIENS ARE COMING!”

Baekhyun just looked at him for a moment; totally bewildered. But then, his mind finally started functioning and he looked to Luhan.

“So, is this what Yeol and I have to deal with?”
“Pretty much, but I think Sehunnie and I going to get dragged into this.
Hopefully he doesn’t make us all run to the Himalayas.”

Luhan and Baekhyun soon briefed Sehun and Chan Yeol about the situation.

“So, where is he now?” Sehun inquired.

“I think he went to the kitchen” Luhan replied.

 

As if on cue, the four boys heard clanging of kitchen utensils. They peeked inside the kitchen to see Kyungsoo throwing said items every which way; searching for something in particular. Well, this was new—the normal Kyungsoo would NEVER mess around with his kitchen utensils. 

 

“Aha!”

Looked like Kyungsoo found something.

It was a… a… rolling pin, a cheese crater, and a strainer?

 

“My lethal weapons against alien scum!” He shouted smugly.

 

 

O….k. The four boys believed that they have never seen anyone die from getting knocked over by a rolling pin or a cheese crater. Maybe someone would pass out, if they got hit really hard or something, but would they die? And what was the strainer for?

 

“Psssst. Go talk to him or something” Sehun had told BaekYeol. “You guys are in charge of him today, remember? Go play with him~”

Baekhyun just sighed, and mumbled a “fine

But Chan Yeol’s eye was twitching in a rapid motion, together with “no way, I am NOT going near that freak of nature. I didn’t want to take care of him to begin with.

Baekhyun glared at him. “So, what? You want me to handle him on my own?”

Chan Yeol just stuck his tongue out. “You expect me to cooperate? Really? After all the times I had asked you to put away your eyeliners—which you never did—you expect me to listen to you? No. Absolutely not. I don’t care if I’m assigned today. Maybe I’d consider helping if it was anyone else, but fact is, I’m assigned with you.  And Baekhyun 

I hate you, if that wasn’t obvious.

So good luck doing this on your own.”

 

 

Just like that Chan Yeol left—heading to his bedroom. Baekhyun just stood there. Face emotionless, staring at Chan Yeol’s back as he walked away. It was pretty funny, actually. Because even though Baekhyun’s face showed no emotion, his heart was filled with hate and sadness, filled with tears and resentment, filled with bitterness and wounds—but to his dismay, love was also still there.

 

“Wow, I don’t believe it.”

 

Hunhan and Baekhyun turned around and were surprised to see Kyungsoo standing there. Did he hear it all?

 

“Baek hyung. Chan Yeol’s not telling the truth.”

 

Baekhyun raised a brow at him. “What do you mean? Of course he hates me. We’ve been arguing ever since we released Wolf. I hate him too.”

But I love him more.

 

“Really?” Kyungsoo questioned. “They you’re not telling the truth either.”

“What!?”

“Never mind. You’re not going to believe what I’m saying until the last hour. You’ll realize later, that there’s no way you and Yeol hyung could hate each other. That’s dumb.”

 

And after such a smug statement, Kyungsoo went out of the kitchen with his “weapons”. But he did return right after for an announcement. “By the way guys, during lunch I have a very important proclamation to make. Please anticipate it.” Then he left again.

 

“What was his problem?” Baekhyun fumed.

“About what?” Luhan questioned. “About his announcement?”

“No! I mean, saying that Yeol and I don’t hate each other!”

“Hmm… somehow, I think he’s right though.” Luhan replied.

“Yeah… I think so too.” Sehun agreed.

 

“Seriously!? You guys too!? Helloooo!? Isn’t it obvious that we’ve been hating on each other for such a long time now?  Can’t you hear us when we argue about my scattered eyeliners all over the place?”

 

Ding.

A light bulb just lit. After processing what Baekhyun just said, something hidden was revealed. Luhan and Sehun grinned to each other.

 

“Yes; we do hear your arguments. But we are most certainly sure that you two don’t hate each other as much as you let on. Wanna hear our theory?”

 

 

Chan Yeol reached his bedroom. He closed the door and locked it. He dropped onto his bed and covered his face with a pillow. 

I told him I hated him. But I didn’t mention that I loved him more. Uggghhh. Stupid. Stupid. Stupid. Mixed feelings are soooooo not my style. Oh my gosh, I’m turning into Yi Fan hyung.

 

A knock was heard on the door.


“Yeeoooollll hyuuuunnggg! It’s Kyuuuuunnggsooo! Let me in! I have an announcement!” 

“No! Can’t I even grieve in peace? Go away!  You’re weird! I don’t want to catch your sickness!” 

“But I haaaaavee something impoooooortaaaant to saaaay! If you don’t let me in, I’m going to force myself in!”

“And just how are you going to do that? In case you haven’t noticed, you’re a munchkin.”

“Human battering ram. I’m going to charge at your door over and over again, head first.”

 


Chan Yeol immediately sprung up. Oh no—and hit your head again? Add another 12 days to my misery? No, no, no, no.

 

“Ok, fine. I’ll let you in, you brat.”

Kyungsoo snorted. “I knew you’d get scared of my brutal strength.”

“Shut up—you have the strength of a twelve-year old.”

 

Chan Yeol opened his door, and Kyungsoo walked in. They both sat down on his bed.

“So, what did you want to say?”
“That during lunch I have a very important proclamation to make. Please anticipate it.”
“Oh… ok. Is that it?”
“Well… it was, at first. But then I heard you lie to Baek hyung.”
“What are you talking about?”

“You told him you hated him. That’s a lie. It’s bad to lie, hyung.”

“YAH!” Chan Yeol fumed. “OF COURSE I HATE HIM! WHAT MAKES YOU THINK I DON’T?”

“I don’t know” Kyungsoo just shrugged. “If today was your last day on earth, and you had to say your last words to Baekhyun, because you would never see each other again—would it be I hate you? Or I love you?”


Chan Yeol was shocked with the question. He didn’t see this coming.

“Well?”

Chan Yeol blushed. He couldn’t answer. He knew very well that his answer would betray everything he forced himself to believe. That even though he wanted to hate Baekhyun, he felt the complete opposite.

Kyungsoo patted him on the shoulder.
“It’s ok Yeol hyung. You don’t have to answer right now. That’s actually part of the activities in my proclamation during lunch. You’re lucky though. You’re the only one I’ve told. So, you have more time than the others to think about what you want to say to Baekhyun. If I were you, I’d take the opportunity to stop this silly fued and just make up. We all know that’s what you both want.”


Chan Yeol bit his lower lip. To reconcile would be absolutely great. It would feel like a thousand Christmases. However, there was still the other person to consider. 

 

“But… how are you so sure Baekhyun wants to make up? He hates me, I’m sure.”

“No, he doesn’t! It’s obvious for goodness’ sakes. Eyeliners everywhere? Hellooo? Tell me hyung, who was the first person one who told Baekhyun that he looked handsome with eyeliner?”


Chan Yeol thought for a while. That would mean having to go all the way back to MAMA era.

“Oh. I did.”

“Exactly! Geez, hyung. About time you figure that out.”


“Huh?”
At first Chan Yeol didn’t get it. But after thinking about it really hard, and Kyungsoo losing his patience to just explain everything already, Chan Yeol finally got the message.

 

Oh. Baekkie, what’s wrong with you? Why didn’t you just say so?

 

 

 

 


“So? We’re right aren’t we?” Luhan questioned Baekhyun with a knowing smile. “Just like how Sehunnie left his milk tea cups everywhere, you also left your eyeliners everywhere.

As a reminder. As a hint. As an SOS signal.

You were saying you missed him. But when he didn’t get the idea and started getting annoyed at you for leaving them everywhere, you left your eyeliners for another reason— to continually irritate him. Because it’s only when you guys argue, that you actually spend time with each other. And you miss all of that, don’t you?”


Baekhyun blushed. Bingo.


“H-he… was so focused on his rapping and stuff… Before I knew it, there was a distance between us. I didn’t know how to cross that huge space… How to get beside him again… So I settled for ‘hating’ him.”

 

“But that’s not going to solve anything” Sehun spoke up. “The Milk Tea ahjussi gave me some helpful advice: Just let Chan yeol hyung know how you feel.”


Baekhyun rubbed his nape sheepishly. “I don’t know… Would he believe me? After all this arguing and hating each other’s guts… To suddenly say hey, I did it all in the name of love—let’s stop this and hug. I don’t know if he’ll accept it.”


“Well, let’s help you word it the right way. Sehunnie and I will give you a hand.”

 

 

 

Lunch time arrived. Kyungsoo was banging pots and pans, from inside the kitchen.


“ALL OF YOU GET IN HERE! TIME TO EAT!
I TOLD YOU GUYS I HAVE AN IMPORTANT THING TO PROCLAAAAAIIIM!
GET OFF YOUR SAGGY BUTTS!”

 

“Geez, did he have to call them saggy?” Sehun joked to Luhan.
“Let him say what he wants, Sehunnie. It’s entertaining, hahaha.”

Chan Yeol and Baekhyun caught each other’s eye. Both of them blushed and turned away.

They entered the kitchen. And—what the— There stood kyungsoo.

“Behold! My armor of pure indestructability!”


Everyone gaped.  He was wearing a cardboard box (he had made shoulder straps using rope), the strainer on his head like a helmet, oven mits, swimming goggles, and was wielding his rolling pin and cheese crater in both hands. He took an epic battle pose.


“What do you guys think? And look! Look! I can transform!”


Kyungsoo proceeded to get down to his knees—his cardboard box armor effectively engulfing him until he was hidden in it.  He started to crawl around the other guys inside his little box. Sort of like a cockroach without the antennas.


“See? Protective vehicle!”

 


“SEHUN, GET THE CAMERA! RIGHT NOW!”

 

 

After taking a lot pictures, most wherein Luhan directed Kyungsoo to strike different poses, the group finally sat down to eat. They prayed and dug in their food.

 

“So, Dyo hyung, was that the important proclamation? Or do you have more to say?”

“Good question Sehun. There’s actually more! I collected enough weaponry and cardboard boxes for you guys to wear armor too!”

 

Sehun facepalmed—he shouldn’t have asked. Luhan started clapping.

“OMIGOSH—I CALL FOR FAMILY PHOTO!”

“OK, ok—calm down. Besides from preparing our need for survival against the aliens, I also scheduled training and team building activities. Since this may be our last day on earth, I hope we can spend the last few hours happily.”

 

If today was your last day on earth, and you had to say your last words to Baekhyun, because you would never see each other again,

would it be I hate you? or I love you?

 

The words rang loudly in Chan Yeol’s head. If, perhaps, all this was real—a dead or alive situation, where they were the last survivors of a planet doomed to alien invasion—where they might get killed and eaten,never see to each other again… then he knew what to do. He knew what to say. This was going to end today.

 

 

 

 

 

Soon, everyone else was clad in Kyungsoo’s customized armor. The four guys also wore boxes that fit them, and had oven mits, goggles and strainers. Weaponry composed of spatulas, whisks, chopping boards and chopsticks.

 

“Um… why don’t we have any pointed items? Like forks and knives?” Sehun questioned.

“Are you crazy? Those things could kill! Too dangerous. Didn’t your mother ever tell you not to touch sharp objects?”

 

And Sehun facepalmed for the second time today. Last time he checked, killing aliens was the goal. And of course, they all had to go along with Luhan’s family photoshoot. He was the eldest—he had authority over them.

 

Afterwards, training commenced. First activity was each one of them had to spar with Kyungsoo.

“I am the master of alien sparring!

You cannot defeat me!”

 

Kyungsoo was short though, so he lost every single match against the tall guys who easily stabbed him within minutes. He even lost against Baekhyun, because he tripped on the carpet.

Next was target practice. They used some of Sehun’s empty milk tea cups as targets. They placed these across the room, while they were only allowed to shoot (throw) from behind the couch. There wasn’t really anything they could use as bullets or arrows, so Luhan and Sehun went out to buy ping pong balls from the super market. Any other time and it would be weird for them to go shopping wearing cardboard boxes (everyone was staring, duh), but hey—today was “the last day on earth,” so why not make a memory?

The target practice went well. Sehun scored the most. You have to be one with the milk tea cup. ou have to be one with the milk tea cup.

 

 

Training now over, they went on with the team building activities.

“Ok! I’ll divide you guys into two groups! Hunhan and Baekyeol!”

“Wait, why aren’t you joining?” Chan Yeol questioned.

“Hello? If I join, who will facilitate?”

“O…k. You’re so sassy.”

 

 

They went to the Kaisoo room. One member had to be the support, while the other was the victim. Luhan and Baekhyun were chosen to be victims. Sehun and Chan Yeol were the supports. The victims were blindfolded, and were standing on the beds. (Luhan stood on Kai’s bed, Baekhyun stood on Kyungsoo’s bed). Kyungsoo was going to start jumping on the bed. The had to trust their supports to save them.

 

First up was Luhan. Kyungsoo began jumping.

“W-whoah! D-don’t jump so much! This is scarier than I thought it would be!”

 Luhan was wobbling. He was losing his balance.

“Don’t worry hyung! Just fall! I promise I’ll catch you!” Sehun called out.

“Don’t break me, Oh Sehun!”

 

One more jump from Kyungsoo caused Luhan to fall—straight into Sehun’s arms. Luhan took off the blindfold and saw Sehun smiling at him. 

“I told you I’d catch you.”

Luhan blushed. “This is so wrong. I’m supposed to be the hyung; I’m not supposed to be the one being saved.”

“You’re shorter than me.”

“Shut up and put me down.”

 

 

Now it was Baekhyun’s turn. He was blindfolded so he didn’t see what happened, but judging from the sounds Luhan made earlier, this might be a bit frightening. Kyungsoo began jumping.

“W-whoa!”

He tried his best to balance himself on the bed. And he was pretty good at it too. Kyungsoo was getting a little impatient, so he started jumping at a faster rate.

“AAAAAAHHHH! KYUNGSOO!! I’M GOING TO KILL YOU!”

“BAEK!”

That low timbre of a voice. No doubt, it was only one person’s.

“BAEK! I’LL CATCH YOU!

DON’T BE AFRAID TO FALL! I’M RIGHT HERE!”

Baekhyun’s heart easily melted at those words. But what if this was a ploy? What if Chan Yeol still hated him, and just wanted him to fall to the ground? 

“H-How do I know you’re not lying!? H-how do I know I can trust you!?

H-how do I know anything, when all you ever did was focus on your rapping and your work!?

How do I know… I’m not the only one who wants my BFFEA back?”

 

“Oh, for the love all cheese, just fall already!” Kyungsoo complained. 

He stopped jumping and just pushed Baekhyun off the bed. Thankfully, he landed in Chan Yeol’s arms.

 

“Kyungsoo-yah, that was dangerous.”

Chan Yeol could feel Baekhyun trembling. He tried to take off Baekhyun’s blindfold, but Baekhyun caught his hand.

“Don’t take it off. Not until you give me an answer.”

Oh. The blindfold was sort of wet. Looked like someone was crying.

“Ok, first of all—you’re the one who kept leaving your eyeliners everywhere, instead of just telling me what you wanted to say. How was I supposed to know!? I’m not the brains in this band—for all we know that’s either Joonmyeon or Minseok hyung.

You want to know if I’m done with our dumb arguments? You want to be sure I’m ready to get this over with?

Then I’ll show you.”

 

Chan Yeol placed one of Baekhyun’s hands on his chest. Right on top of his heart.

“Do you feel the beating? Do you feel how much I want to get back together?”

Baekhyun blushed. “I am so glad I can’t see your face right now, Or I’d punch it because you’re being so cheesy and cliché.  Is this how you pick up girls?”

“Don’t change the subject Baek.

So, want to go back to the way things were? Best Friends Forever and Ever Always, right?”

 

This time, when Chan Yeol took off Baekhyung’s blindfold, the elder didn’t stop him. Baekhyun just smiled shyly at him, blushing a bit.

“R-right… You know, I’m glad we’re friends again, but I can’t help feeling what Luhan hyung felt.

This is so wrong.”

 

The three other guys applauded as Baekyeol gave each other a hug. It felt so good to be in each other’s warm embrace. For a second, they actually forgot they weren’t alone. They wouldn’t have let each other go if not for the “ahem” from Kyungsoo.

 

 

The next team building activity was a relay race. It was race from the living room to the kitchen. Obviously, the distance was short—so they had to do 3 laps. The first pair to finish would be declared the winner. It was actually a close fight. Hunhan won, though. Baekhyun felt pretty disappointed with himself.

 

“Baekkie, what’s wrong? Aren’t you having fun?” Chan Yeol poked his cheek.

“I am—I am having fun.” Baekhyun smiled sincerely. “You and I haven’t hung-out like this in a while, and it feels awesome. … It’s just too bad we didn’t win. If only I was taller… maybe I wouldn’t have dragged you down.”

Chan Yeol snorted. He hugged Baekhyun tightly. “If you were taller, you wouldn’t fit snugly in my arms. I like you the way you are.”

 

 

 

Soon, it was time for the final activity.

“Ok, guys” Kyungsoo had said. “I’m pretty sure we’re going to be attacked by aliens any time soon. This is going to be the last thing we do with each other before we head on to battle. Each person is to tell everyone what he’s always wanted to say to them, since we might die today. For example: If I go first, I will first tell Luhan hyung everything I want to tell him. Then next I tell Sehun. The process continues until the last person. OK? You have five minutes to arrange your thoughts.”

 

Later, they sit together in a circle on the floor. The first to share was Luhan, followed by Sehun, then Kyungsoo. Second to the last was Baekhyun. During his sharing to Chan Yeol, he admitted everything:

 

“The first time I had eyeliner on, you said ‘oh Baek, you look more handsome than usual!’ So, I liked it. The item reminded me of someone I held dear. So at the time we were all busy working and not acting like a family—the time I missed you but didn’t know how to say it…  I just decided to leave my eyeliners everywhere, hoping my message could get across… Hoping I could reach you despite all the schedules that interfered.

I’m sorry I didn’t just come out and say it. It was dumb of me to irritate you, just because I wanted to talk to you! I was an idiot and a jerk—I was a moron. And I’m sorry. Really very sorry. I hope to make it up to you by doing my best to be your BFFEA again. I don’t know if such a beautiful title could be mine once more, but I’m willing to do anything to earn it back.”

 

“Anything?” Chan Yeol asked.

“Yeah, sure.”

“Then stop talking so I can have my turn at sharing.”

“What? But I’m not done yet; I have a lot of other things to tell you.”

“You said you’d do anything.”

“U…mmm, ok then. You can share to me now.”

 

“Alright. I usually write songs so I don’t know if this is ok. It’s my first time writing a poem. I know they’re kind of the same thing, except the other one has musical accompaniment—but still! My first time, so I hope I don’t do badly. You know, Kyungsoo actually told me ahead of everyone else, that I’d have to give you my last words. Because of that… I had some time to prepare.

So… here goes.

 

I don’t think I’m exactly good with words,

But this is my best—so don’t laugh, because you’ll make things worse.

 

When I see a beagle, only one person comes to my mind.

When I eat Bacon, I’m sure no one has to ask why.

I see eyeliners, and I immediately think of you.

I said you looked more handsome with it on, but now I see a more beautiful view.

 

And that’s you just being you.

 

The way you laugh is really contagious.

Who made the word ‘kkaebsong’? That’s right; a genius.

I’m sure Taeyeon Noona will notice you someday.

I’d have a crush on you if I was gay. Which I’m not.

 

When we’re together, I can forget the world.

I feel at ease, at home; in my comfort zone.

 

I hope this expressed what you mean to me.

For the times I got mad at you, I’m very sorry.

 

And so my last words, dear Byun Baekhyun—if indeed, you must know.

Is that I’ll always

Love you so.” 

 

 

 
AUTHOR'S NOTE

YESSSS! I finished it! hahaha ^_^ I felt like this chapter was long--was it ok? Did you get bored on any part? By the way, SORRY i didn't have time to reply to your comments like I usually do :( I was just so busy this weekend. I have a test tomorrow in Spanish class and Psychometrics class--it'll be our first quiz, so pray for me! ^_^ Wish me well! 

Oh and of course... 3 chapters ago I thanked you guys for letting me reach over 80 subscribers. But now... THIS STORY FREAKING REACHED 100 SUBS!!! THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU SO MUCH! THIS WAS SUCH A BLESSING! ^_^

STORY WRITTEN BY B2utyful-Elf  • LAYOUT CODED BY LYNNRYAN FROM LAYOUT PARADISE