Day 8- Daddy

4D Irrationality

 DAY 8

 Chapter Title : Daddy
 Care-takers of the day : Kai, Luhan, Kris and Chanyeol
  

VIII

DADDY

 

 

Glares.

Glares of pure want.

You have something that belongs to me.

 

Kris could feel it. He could feel Chan Yeol and Jong In’s death stares—for the obvious reason that Kyungsoo was seated next to him as they watched television. And oh, how happy Kris was. Provoking his dongsengs was a guilty pleasure so it seemed—not so much of the guilt, as much was the pleasure. So the arm he had around Kyungsoo’s shoulders brought the small male nearer. He rubbed the smaller’s arm affectionately, and snuggled—oh how he snuggled with Kyungsoo! Digging his face into Kyungsoo’s soft neck, tightening his hold on the boy’s tiny frame. Kyungsoo, completely oblivious, just chuckled and snuggled back.

Chan Yeol and Jong In waged war. They hissed and they growled. Maybe even foamed at the mouth a bit. They started ruthlessly throwing couch cushions at Kris, who smirked in victory since his real motive was to tease, and not to win. Luhan laughed fondly at the event taking place.

 

Achoo!

 

Oh.

 

“You alright, buddy?” Kris asked Kyungsoo.

Kyungsoo smiled back at the taller. “Yeah. I’m fine.”

 

 

Achoo!

 

Kyungsoo had continued to sneeze until dinner arrived. His nose already seemed red, and he had finished his second roll of tissue by this time. The members were getting worried. Well, they should have been worried. But truth is only one of them had noticed Kyungsoo’s condition—the other three were too busy arguing over who’s sleeping with the petite male.

 

“He’s perfectly fine sleeping with me!” Jong In had said. “We’re roommates; he doesn’t need to be rooming with anyone else.”

“But I think he would rather sleep with me,” Chan Yeol retorted. “We had a very pleasant time when we shared a bed.”

“Pssshhh. We’ve slept in the same bed hundreds of times,” Jong In smugly stated.

“Well, since both of you have already slept with him, I guess it’s my turn” Kris declared.

 

“NO!”

 

“Um… guys?” Kyungsoo had interjected during the heated argument.

They only noticed now that his eyes were almost dropping close—face tired-looking.

“I don’t really feel like eating… so I’m going to bed.”

 

“SLEEP WITH ME!” all three males shouted.

 

Kyungsoo was confused. All he knew was he wanted to rest—it didn’t really matter with whom. And he’s also been feeling kind of cold. Oddly so, since it wasn’t that chilly at all. Aside from that, a headache was developing too. He was feeling weak and tired. He didn’t want to think or make decisions. Luhan saw this and put the matter in his own hands. He had to be firm when times called for it.

 

“Actually, since all three of you are being immature, Kyungsoo will be sleeping with me.

He’s feeling weary, but then you guys ask him to make some kind of unimportant decision. He obviously would just like to lay down, and not have to deal with your childish arguments. Please consider how he’s feeling.

So maybe next time, you could kindly ask him who he wants to room with for the night. But today, he’s resting with me. And no, you can’t retaliate because I am the eldest. Now, finish your meals while I get Kyungsoo settled.”

 

The three males pouted, but obeyed Luhan nonetheless. As Luhan and Kyungsoo made their way to the Hunhan room, Kyungsoo muttered a “Thanks hyung”.

 

Already on the bed, Luhan had properly placed the blanket over Kyungsoo. He patted the boy’s head and was about to leave. But then… one time, two times, three times more, Kyungsoo sneezed. Luhan got worried.

“Are you okay? Are you sure you don’t want to eat some more, to regain strength or something? You hardly took a bite off your plate.”Luhan asked the snuggled up boy, as he handed him a roll of tissue.

“Y-yeah. I’m fine hyung…” Kyungsoo weakly blurted. “Can I please borrow a sweater and a scarf? I feel cold.”

“But Kyungsoo, you’re already in your pajamas, and covered by a blanket. Rather than cold, shouldn’t you feel a little hot?”

Kyungsoo shook his head. Luhan noticed he was shivering. “C-cold.”

Luhan quickly got a sweater and scarf, had Kyungsoo wear them, and bundled the small guy in his blanket once more.

When everyone was sleeping that night, Kyungsoo was coughing. Luhan heard it faintly, but drowsiness pulled him back to sleep.

The next morning, the first thing Luhan thought of was to check on Kyungsoo.

He got up from his own bed, and walked over to Sehun’s bed which Kyungsoo was using.

 

“Kyungie?” He said sweetly. “Wake up~ The sun is shining, and it’s a new day~”

 

Kyungsoo’s eyes didn’t open. As Luhan looked at him, he noticed the dark circles underneath said eyes. Not only that, but Kyungsoo was sweaty. Sweat? But I thought he was feeling cold.

Then it hit him. Luhan placed a hand on Kyungsoo’s forehead. No. He went to the Sulay room, and searched for a thermometer inside one of the drawers where Joonmyeon kept his medicinal kit.

38.9 C

Kyungsoo’s got a fever. Thank goodness it's not high, but it's still a fever all the same. As shock and worry collided, anger was produced. Luhan stomped out of the room and went to where Kris was boiling water for the bath.

"What’s up Lu?”

Luhan punched him on the arm. Hard.

“Hey! What was that for?!”  said Kris as he rubbed his arm.

“Because of your freaking ‘make Kyungsoo a dancing queen in the rain’ hullabaloo—he caught a fever!”

Kris gaped. “What!?”

“He’s all hot Yi Fan. He’s sick. Go out and buy him medicine.”

Yi Fan’s heart twisted painfully. It was supposed to be harmless fun; he didn’t want Kyungsoo to get sick. He didn’t want Kyungsoo to get a fever. He apologized repeatedly to Luhan; head down in utter shame. He quickly made his way out to buy medicine.

 

When Luhan saw Chan Yeol and Jong In, he proceeded to reprimand them as well. “Maybe if you two stopped fighting over him for even just a millisecond, then maybe you would have noticed something!”

The two felt bad upon hearing the news and apologized. They offered to go out and buy ingredients to make Kyungsoo some chicken soup.

Soon Luhan had a basin of water and two towels. He went back to his room and pulled up a chair to sit next to Kyungsoo’s bed. He used the first towel to wipe away the beads of sweat on the younger’s forehead. Then the second towel was dipped in the water, squeezed, and gently placed on Kyungsoo’s forehead. He sighed; it distressed him to see the small male this way.

Because actually, Luhan wasn’t really angry at the members. Actually, Luhan was angry with none other than himself. Why didn’t I see this coming? Luhan, you idiot. He scolded himself. You noticed it: the sneezing, the feeling of weakness, the loss of appetite, the shivering, there was a cough somewhere last night… Why didn’t you realize it you dummy!? It was so obviously a cold, well on its way developing into a fever. And you dare to blame Yi Fan about Kyungsoo dancing in the rain, when you yourself just stood there taking pictures, instead of pulling him back in the house? Stupid. You could have done something to prevent this…How could you let this happen?

Luhan pulled at his hair—he felt like such a useless hyung. Just then, Kyungsoo’s eyes weakly opened. Luhan immediately held the little guy’s hands.

“Soo? Soo, how are you feeling? Do you feel really sick?”

Kyungsoo still couldn’t open his eyes as widely as they usually were, he looked at Luhan blearily for a small moment. Then he smiled.

 

“M-mommy…”

 

“…”

Luhan’s jaw dropped.

“Um, could you repeat that?”

 

Kyungsoo’s brows furrowed a bit. He was sure he said it clearly despite the stutter. “Mommy. Mommy, me hungwy. Me eat?”

 

O…kay. Wait, wait, wait. So Luhan was a mommy? Luhan’s Kyungsoo’s mommy? And Kyungsoo was baby talking? “Sweet nut-made cheese crackers…” Luhan muttered, totally dazed. He just stared at Kyungsoo for a bit, who had started eating his hand.

 

“OMIGASH! MY FEELS! I JUST CAN’T EVEN, AAAGGGHH!” Luhan squealed. Yes, he was still worried about Kyungsoo and mad at himself. But he was Kyungsoo’s mommy and that was just the most adorable thing in the world! And Kyungsoo was freaking chewing one of his hands for a snack— it may sound like cannibalism, it may hurt a bit because of Kyungsoo’s teeth, it may also be gross because of Kyungsoo’s slober— but this was such a precious moment and Luhan was totally cooing because his feels were overflowing like the Niagara Falls.

“Baby, I’m not your mommy,” Luhan had said sweetly as he kissed Kyungsoo on the forehead. “I’m your daddy. Say daddy for me baby.”

“D-daddy…” Kyungsoo garbled with Luhan’s hand still in his mouth. “Why is daddy pweetty? Daddy wook wike a mommy.”

“No baby, my eyes just sparkle.”

Kris had come back with fever-reducing medicine from the drug store, about the same time Chan Yeol and Jong In returned with the ingredients for chicken soup.

“So, you guys heard?” Kris asked.

“Yeah… Kyunggie’s sick,” Chan Yeol had said glumly.

“I want to see how he is… ” Jong In sadly stated.

 

Just then, there were giggles heard. Unmanly giggles. It was so obviously Luhan. The three boys quickly placed their items down on the kitchen table and ran to Luhan’s room.

“Daddy, Kyungie is hungwy.” Kyungsoo whined as he tried to reach for Luhan’s retrieved hand.

“Now now, sweetie. As much as I enjoy seeing you adorably eat my hand, you should eat real food. Later Jong In and Chan Yeol will give you chicken soup, and Kris will let you drink medicine.”

Kyungsoo couldn’t really understand all that. But he was able to process at least some. “Fwood? Me- Medi- Medichin?”

Luhan giggled like a high school girl. Cute baby pronunciations will be the death of him. “Yes baby. But for now, you should rest some more.”

It’s a good thing Luhan had already experienced having a fever before, back in China. He knew that proper bed rest accompanied by taking lots of fluids would do the trick. Luhan removed the scarf and sweater Kyungsoo was wearing, to release the heat in the younger’s body. He took the towel on Kyungsoo’s forehead, which was already dry. He dipped it in the basin of water, squeezed, and placed it back on the forehead.

“Daddy, Kyungie don’t feew good… Why Kyungie don’t feew good?”

“Because you have a fever, honey. You’re sick. But don’t worry, your fever will be gone if you sleep a lot and eat a lot. Let’s just wait for the guys to return home with your medicine and soup.”

 

The members ran frenziedly to the kitchen, hitting a few tables and tripping on each other as they went. Because Kyungsoo was apparently a kid for today, and he just looked so squishy, and he called Luhan daddy. Feels people. The things feels do to you are unimaginable. Kris eagerly grabbed the medicine he bought and also took with him a bottle of water. He headed back to Luhan’s room while Chan Yeol and Jong In started making chicken soup.

 

“Luhan?”

“Oh, Yi Fan you’re back. You’ll never guess what Kyungsoo is today--”

“We heard it Lu. We heard the adorable baby talk. Now Chan Yeol and Jong In are making chicken soup as if it would stop an atomic bomb from exploding.”

“He’s not just a baby—he’s my baby~ I’m a freaking father. He’s so cute, I’ll die. But anyway, you have the medicine?”

“Yeah.”

 

Kris sat at the edge of the bed. “Hey Soo, it’s your Yi Fan hyung. Let’s drink your medicine.”

At the sight of Kris, Kyungsoo quickly covered himself with the blanket. He remained like that for a whole five minutes. Luhan tried talking to Kyungsoo.

“What’s wrong baby?”

Kyungsoo poked his head out of the covers. “Onwy want daddy. He go bye-bye,” said Kyungsoo, pointing at Kris.

Kris pouted. Luhan patted him on the shoulder.

“Maybe he’ll warm up to you when the fever ends?”

Chan Yeol and Jong In had now finished the chicken soup, and were eagerly rushing a bowl of it to Luhan’s room. They passed by Yi Fan who was pacing around the living room back and forth. Seemed like he was in deep thought.

“Hey hyung, did Kyungie drink the medicine already?” Chan Yeol had asked out of curiosity.

“I wouldn’t really know,” Kris just shrugged. “Kyungsoo refers to Luhan as his father, and he doesn’t like anybody else. So I had to give Luhan the medicine and step out of the room. Now I’m thinking of a way to bribe Kyungsoo into liking me.”

 

Chan Yeol and Jong In nodded in acknowledgement. They gave it a thought for a while, then continued rushing to Luhan and Kyungsoo. Once arrived, they took a tentative peek inside the room.They saw Luhan on a seat beside Kyungsoo’s bed.

“Goldilocks ate from the big bowl of porridge. It was too hot.” Luhan had said.

Kyungsoo gasped, his eyes widening. “Did she get an owie?”

“Yes baby. She got an owie here.” Luhan pointed on his tongue. “Since it was too hot, she tried the medium-sized bowl. But this one was too cold.”

Kyungsoo stuck out his tongue. “Eww,” he giggled. “Cowd porridgy~ Cowd porridgy taste wike poopy~”

Luhan chuckled. “I’m sure it wasn’t that gross.”

 

Chan Yeol and Jong In smiled dreamily. Kyungsoo was being such a cutie. Unlike Yi Fan, they had chicken soup with them—maybe that would gain them a place in Kyungsoo’s heart? Taking a deep breath, they made their way in.

Aaaand, Kyungsoo hid under his blanket.

 

“Sorry guys,” Luhan looked at the two apologetically. “For some odd reason, he doesn’t like anyone but me, who’s apparently his father. So I had to send Yi Fan away and give Kyungsoo the medicine myself.”

“But we have chicken soup, though” Jong In said hopefully.

“Maybe this will help him make friends with us?” Chan Yeol inquired.

“Give it a try,” Luhan encouraged.

 

“Kyuuuunggiiee~” Chan Yeol called out to the lump under the covers. “It’s Chan Yeol hyung and Jong In.”

The lump shifted futher away.

“Nope. No Kyungie here. Weave meshage after beep. BEEEEEEEP.”

The three guys giggled.

“We have soup Kyungie hyung~ Chicken soup. Yummy yummy,” Jong In tried.

“Give Daddy shoopy. BEEEEEEEP.”

“Kyungsoo, if you won’t come out, I will let Chan Yeol and Jong In eat the yummy soup.”Luhan warned.

Kyungsoo’s head poked out of the blanket. Luhan took the bowl, and spoon fed Chan Yeol. 

“Whoah! That was actually really good!” Chan Yeol his lips.

“Really?” Jong In wondered.

Luhan also spoon fed Jong In some.

“Wow… I didn’t know we could prepare chicken soup so well. But of course it would taste good—it has chicken!”

Luhan tasted it himself. “Oh. That was good.”

 

For a moment, the three guys indulged themselves—eating the delicious chicken soup. Kyungsoo just stared at them with his big bug eyes. He didn’t like seeing his daddy feeding other people. He didn’t like other people eating his yummy soup. He just didn’t like anyone else aside from his daddy.Period. Looking at Luhan smiling as he fed Chan Yeol and Jong In, made Kyungsoo feel unneeded. He thought that he had been replaced. So, he did what any baby would do.

He cried.

 

The three members got shocked. Luhan instantly took Kyungsoo in his arms. He placed the boy on his lap, and Kyungsoo sobbed into his neck; hugging Luhan tightly. Luhan gently rubbed his back.

“What’s wrong baby? Why are you crying?”

“Daddy don’t wove me! Daddy give yummy shoopy to them! And daddy smiwed! Smiwed to them! Daddy mine. Don’t bye-bye to Kyungie. Don’t go to them. I wove you, daddy.”

Luhan sighed. He hugged Kyungsoo tightly, placing his chin atop the latter’s head.

“I love you too, baby. I wouldn’t leave you. So, stop crying now, ok?”

Luhan looked towards Chan Yeol and Jong In. “Guys, I think you should leave and join Yi Fan in thinking up a different bribery. Also, hand me another bowl of chicken soup since we ate from that one.”

That’s how Chan Yeol and Jong In ended up on the “thinking couch” with Kris.

“Have you guys thought of anything?” Kris asked.

“Zilch” Chan Yeol pouted.

“Nothing” Jong In pouted as well.

 

An hour later, they just gave up and watched television. As much as they would love to get baby Kyungsoo’s attention, they really couldn’t think up a plan on how to. Luhan entered the living room and joined them on the couch.

“He’s finally asleep,” the elder stated. “After the crying, he wouldn’t let me leave. Not even for the bathroom. He’s too afraid I might find some other kid and be someone else’s daddy.”

Luhan blushed at his own words, and smiled. “Silly Kyungie. But anyway, have you guys thought of something?”

The three boys shook their head in unison; frown evident on their faces. Luhan felt bad for them, and tried thinking too. They were watching a tv show about someone’s pet dogs. After much thought, Luhan’s brain finally dingedHe looked at the three members with a very creepy grin and a glint in his eyes. The other three gulped.

“Guys, we’re going shopping!”

 

“Hyung~” Jong In whined as Luhan attached a fake tail to his rear. “Do you really think this is going to work?”

“Well, Kyungie’s a kid. I’m sure he’ll believe anything. But of course, you have to do your part too—you better act like you’re really puppies.”

Kris totally hated this idea. This was so not his style. “This is ridiculous! You really want us to go on all fours and make doggy noises?”

“You know Yi Fan, it’s actually your choice whether to go through with this or not. You’re the one who wants Kyungsoo to notice you. Besides, I don’t see you coming up with any ideas Plus, someone is actually enjoying this whole role-play.”

 

Jong In and Kris looked at Chan Yeol, who was amusedly his “paw” (the back of his hand). Kris hit him on the head.

“Yah! What was that for?”

What was that for? Quit acting like such a weirdo! Why are you even doing that?”

“Practice, duh!” Chan Yeol looked at him like he was the weird one. “Not just anyone can be a puppy! If I’m going to do this and get Kyungie’s attention, then I’m going to do this right.”

“But Chan Yeol, dogs don’t their paws—cats do.”

“I don’t remember asking for your opinion.”

“Yeol, sometimes I wonder what’s wrong with you.”

“Hyung, the feeling’s mutual.”

 

 

 

“Baby? Baby, wake up honey~” Luhan gently set aside Kyungsoo’s blanket, gathered the boy in his arms, and placed him on his lap. Kyungsoo’s eyes blearily opened. Upon seeing his daddy smile at him, he also smiled and then kissed Luhan on the cheek.

“Hewo Daddy.”

“Daddy has a surprise for you~ I brought home some new friends for you to play with.”

Kyungsoo pouted a bit; jutting out his lower lip. He looked at Luhan with his big pleading eyes.

“Kyungie onwy pway with Daddy.”

“Don’t worry baby, I’ll be here the whole time. Just try, ok? Try to be friends with them. For me?” Luhan had pleaded with a pout to rival Kyungsoo’s.

Kyungsoo kissed that pout away. “Ok. Fow daddy.”

“That’s my boy,” Luhan ruffled his hair.

 

“OK GUYS! YOU CAN COME IN NOW!”

 

“Y-you go first,” Kris urged Jong In.

“No way, this is embarrassing. You go—you’re older!”

“Guys, guys—watch the professional at work~” Chan Yeol had smugly stated, going inside the room.

Kris and Jong In contemplated as to whether Kyungsoo really got 4D Irrationality from his hit on the head, or whether he got it from being around Chan Yeol.

 

Chan Yeol had gone in the room, making his way on all fours. He had a furry little tail on his rear, a blue collar on his neck, and cute dog ears (not the droopy ones, the pointy ones) complementing his curly orange locks. He hadn’t had that hairstyle in a while, but Luhan insisted it would look good with the dog ears so he went with it.

“Arf!” He enthusiastically barked at Kyungsoo—smiling way too wide, and eyes crinkling.

For a whole five minutes, Kyungsoo just sat on Luhan’s lap looking at Chan Yeol. Face void of any emotion. Not speaking a word. Just staring at him with those huge eyes. Chan Yeol was starting to get creeped out, because it felt like he was being scrutinized. Then all of sudden, Kyungsoo hopped off Luhan’s lap and started yelling “PUPPY! PUPPY!” He bounced at Chan Yeol and engulfed the latter in a bone-crushing hug.

“SOOOO CUUUUTTE! PUPPY, SO CUUUUTE!” Kyungsoo cooed, kissing Chan Yeol’s eyes, nose and cheeks.

Chan Yeol blushed profusely at the attention.

“It worked! I’m a genius!” Luhan gleefully shouted.

 

From the door, Kris and Jong In were agape. Not just that, but they were drooling. Because right now, Chan Yeol was lying on his back on the floor, while Kyungsoo rubbed at his tummy. They could see the rapper close his eyes; drowned in pleasure. That looked freaking enticing.

 

“Feew good puppy? You wike it?” Kyungsoo asked as he rubbed Chan Yeol’s tummy more.

Chan Yeol let out an amused sound, and started kicking the air with one of his feet to show appreciation. By this time, Jong In and Kris had entered the room. They bit on Kyungsoo’s shirt and pulled, trying to gain attention. It worked, and Kyungsoo squealed as he saw two more “puppies”. He left Chan Yeol for a while to hug the two new arrivals. Chan Yeol pouted at the lost of attention. Jong In snuggled into Kyungsoo’s neck, as Kris lied on the boy’s lap—hair being combed by Kyungsoo’s fingers. Chan Yeol snarled. He barked at the two puppies stealing away Kyungsoo’s attention. They pretty much ignored him. Chan Yeol huffed in annoyance. He went over and nudged Kyungsoo with his head. Kyungsoo saw him pouting and giggled. Kyungsoo moved Kris’ head on his left thigh, and patted his right one for Chan Yeol to lie on.

The sight was really something to behold. Jong In hugging Kyungsoo from the back, with both Kris and Chan Yeol lying on the petite male’s thighs. Luhan took pictures.

 

 

 

After another nap, dinner soon rolled over. By this time, Kyungsoo was fully well from his fever. He and Luhan played games with the puppies, such as fetch, hide and seek and follow the leader. Eventually it was time to sleep. And a question popped into Kyungsoo’s head.

“Daddy, can I sweep with puppies? Pweeeeaaaaseee?”

Luhan chuckled. “Baby, four people aren’t going to fit in one bed.”

“O-oh…” Kyungsoo looked pretty disappointed. “B-but Kyungie don’t wanna choose onwy one—he woves them aw!”

The puppies nodded in agreement—looking to Luhan with pleading eyes.

Luhan sighed and put his brain to work. He smiled when an idea dawned upon him. Pretty soon, futons were laid out on the living room. Luhan slept on the couch, while the three dogs slept on the futons with Kyungsoo squished between them all. Kyungsoo greeted everyone good night, and kissed each puppy on the head. Then he went to the couch.

“Good night daddy. Kyungie woves you.” He pecked Luhan on the lips.

It was the 2nd time for that day, and Luhan wondered if this was how great a real father would feel. Because if so, he would not be hesitant to ask his wife for 3 kids. Luhan pecked Kyungsoo back.

“Good night baby. Daddy loves you more.”

Kyungsoo giggled and pecked Luhan again. “Kyungie woves you more more.”

Luhan reciprocated. “Daddy loves you more more more.”

The puppies started whining—beckoning Kyungsoo to come lie with them again. Luhan pouted. Selfish brats. Kyungsoo kissed Luhan one last time and hugged him, before laying back on the futon to be squished by the puppies. There were certainly a lot of things the others missed while being in China. Luhan was glad he stayed back.

 

 

 
AUTHOR'S NOTE

Hey you guuuyyys! I just ask for 150 subs, and I find out it's already 170 >_< Y U people so nice to me?? Have some Hansoo~

I've seen that some have already requested for the Kyungsoo vault ^_^ And may I just say, you guys are so creative? Seriously! I was so pleased >_< Vampire Kyungsoo, Kitty Kyungsoo, Kyungsoo feeling like a fatty! Not to mention Mummy Kyungsoo >_< These are just some of the amazing prompts you guys gave me! :) I'm so happy and I feel like it will be fun when I start writing ^_^

It rained at our place and I ended up writing a little something, care to check it out? If so, then here ya go: It's all about the Little Things  Stay safe everyone ^_^

 

TORY WRITTEN BY B2utyful-Elf  • LAYOUT CODED BY LYNNRYAN FROM LAYOUT PARADISE