Day 6- Lego House (pt. 1)

4D Irrationality

 DAY 6

 Chapter Title : Lego House (pt.1)
 Care-takers of the day : Kai ft. Chanyeol
  

VI

LEGO HOUSE

 

 

 

Chan Yeol blushed shyly as he just finished reading his poem to Baekhyun.

“S-so… what do you think? Do you like it?”

“Do I like it? You’re seriously asking me that?”

 

And Baekhyun flung himself at Chan Yeol—causing them to tumble over in laughter. Baekhyun hugged him tightly.

“I loved it. Thank you.”

 

Suddenly, the boys heard voices and footsteps from outside. Kyungsoo immediately sprung up.

“The aliens! They’ve arrived! Quick, hide!”

 

Hunhan and Baekyeol chuckled, but went along with Kyungsoo’s orders anyway. Kyungsoo closed all the lights—making the apartment pitch black. The door opened.

 

“Hey, why is it so dark in here?”

“Maybe Kyungsoo and the others went out as well?”

“Yi Fan, could you turn on the lights?”

 

Kris d the walls until he found the light switch. He turned the lights on. Immediately, Kyungsoo got out from behind the couch—running towards the ‘alien’ to hit him with his rolling pin. 

“CHAAAAARGE! EVERYONE COME OUT AND ATTAAAAACK!”

 

But as Kyungsoo neared, he soon realized that the alien looked just like Kris. And the alien’s alien buddies also resembled his other band mates. He gasped in horror. He bravely trudged on to the Kris alien, but still kept a bit of distance. He eyed the tall thing suspiciously, and he wielded his rolling pin as if it were a sword.

 

“How dare you disguise yourselves with the body of my friends! You disgusting creatures! You will pay for eating them! Retreat now and return from where you came! Or feel the wrath of my rolling pin!

I’m warning you, you aliens! Go back inside your space ships and just collect cheese from the moon!”

 

Minseok and Jongdae actually laughed out loud when they heard that. Jong In just face-palmed. Joonmyeon and Yi Xing chuckled. Tao and Kris were confused at first, but then they remembered oh yeah—he’s crazyThe whole sight was immensely adorable—seeing Kyungsoo in his cardboard box armor, strainer helmet and goggles. Holding his rolling pin in both oven-mitted hands; ready to fight for all humans in the world. 

It wasn’t adorable though, when Hunhan and Baekyeol came out wearing the same thing. Rather, it was hilarious.

The aliens were all laughing up a storm. Kyungsoo took this as mockery. He gritted his teeth.

 

“You laugh at our strength? Let’s see who’s laughing when we bring you to a kitchen-utensiled death!”

 

Kyungsoo ran at Kris and swung his rolling pin at him. But Kris was quick to dodge it. He forcefully yanked the rolling pin away from Kyungsoo, and threw it wherever. Shocked that he got unarmed so quickly, Kyungsoo tried to retreat in an attempt to get his cheese crater. But Kris had taken this chance and engulfed Kyungsoo in a back hug—effectively trapping the small defenseless boy in his long arms. Kyungsoo squirmed in his hold.

 

“LET GO! YOU GIANT VILE MARTIAN!”

 

Kris just smirked. He decided to spice things up and play along.

“Oh, but you look sooo delicious~”

 

He tightened his hold on the younger, and bent a little to place his chin atop the younger’s head.

“How shall I eat you? Where do I start?”

“SHUT UP YOU UGLY SPACE ABOMINATION!”

“Feisty, are we? I like that. It’s always the spunky ones that are extra juicy~”

 

The other aliens (except Jong In) were all hitting the nearest surface, trying to contain their laughter. Hunhan and Baekyeol decided to play along too. 

“Unhand him, you fiend!”

“Let Kyungsoo go!”

“Drop your kitchen utensils, and the boy doesn’t get hurt” Kris cleverly stated.

 

The humans dropped their weaponry.Kris ordered the other aliens to capture them.

“You fools! You really thought I’d keep to my word? Looks like you people need to watch more movies.

The bad guy never lets go if his prey.”

 

The humans feigned shouts of “no!” and “Kyungsoo!” Kris growled next to Kyungsoo’s ear, causing the younger to whimper.

“Not so tough now, are we? I’m going to eat you. Then my friends are going to eat your buddies. Game over, boy.

This planet belongs to us now.”

 

 

And maybe it was because of fear or pressure, or the thought that he had failed the whole human race, that Kyungsoo fainted there and then. Everyone got shocked that the boy fell unconscious.

 

“K-Kyungsoo?” Kris worriedly shook the boy. “I was just kidding, Soo-yah. We surrender. We’re no match for you guys. The world is saved. Wake up Kyungie.”

He shook Kyungsoo a bit more—but still no response. Luhan immediately approached and hit Kris on the head.

“You scared him to death!Literally!”

“I did not! I was just playing along!”

 

Yi Xing took Kyungsoo from Kris, and placed his ear on the younger’s chest.

Thump, thump, thump

“He’s alive. He just fainted, I think.”

And Luhan hit Kris on the head again.

“What!? He didn’t die!”

“You made him faint! You deserve to be punished.”

 

Luhan then walked away from a pouting Kris. Tao approached the big guy, and soothingly patted his head.

 

Kyungsoo woke up later. He noticed he was on his bed, nicely tucked in and with juice and cookies on his bedside table. Yi Xing was sitting at the edge of his bed.

 

"How are you feeling, Soo-yah? You gave me quite a fright when you fainted.”

“Y-Yi Xing hyung?”

“Yup, it’s me. We arrived just when the aliens were going to eat you guys. We took care of them. The planet is saved.”

 

Kyungsoo smiled brightly at Yi Xing. He got off his bed and gave Yi Xing a really tight hug. What surprised the elder even more than the sudden gesture, was when Kyungsoo started trembling.

“I-I’m… s-so happy you weren’t eaten. I… I would miss you… Thank goodness you’re alright. And thank you for saving us. 

I love you Yi Xing hyung. I was so scared… s-so scared that you were no more… But you’re still here… I-I’m holding you… Right?”

 

 

Yi Xing was touched. He reciprocated the hug just as tightly, to ensure Kyungsoo of his presence. Kyungsoo could be such a cutie.

“Of course Soo-yah. I’m right here. And I love you too. Now eat your snack, then go see the others. They were worried about you as well.”

 

Kyungsoo obeyed Yi Xing like he would his mom. He ate his snack like a good boy, with Yi Xing ruffling his hair all the while. Then he went out of his room to find the other members.

 

The first he saw were Hunhan and Baekyeol. He immediately gave each one a tight hug, saying that he was so happy they survived. He spoke to each one with sincerity and told them he loved them. It brought a warm smile on the members’ faces. They engulfed Kyungsoo in a group hug. “We love you too Kyungie.”

 

The next Kyungsoo saw were Xiuchen, Taoris and Joonmyeon. He hugged each one straightaway; thanking them so much for coming to the rescue. He spoke to them with so much care and affection—telling them he was so worried they might’ve gotten eaten, and that the Kris alien was a jerk. He told them he was happy to see them, and that he loved them. The hearts of the members melted at those tender words. They took him in a group hug. “We love you too Kyungie.”

 

The last person Kyungsoo had yet to see was Jong In. He finally found him in the kitchen, eating some ramyun.

“Jong In!” Kyungsoo shouted.

He ran to the tanned male and hugged him tightly. Obviously, Jong In was caught off guard, so he started choking on his noodles. After a glass of water, he was alright. But then Kyungsoo hugged him again, and this was just so wrong.

 

“Jong In… I’m so glad you’re alive.”

Kyungsoo pulled back from the hug, and cupped Jong In’s face. He smiled fondly as he took the time to study Jong In’s eyes, nose and lips. Committing them to his memory forever. Jong In, on the other hand, was just looking back at him blankly. Not a single emotion on his face. Even though Kyungsoo’s touch and gaze were burning his skin like wild fire. They hadn’t been this close since History era.

“I… I was so worried you might’ve gotten eaten by the aliens… I… was so afraid we weren’t going to see each other again. That you were gone. No longer a person but just a memory.

B-but…” Kyungsoo’s lips trembled. “Y-you’re here. I can touch you; I can feel you. You’re not deadI’m so happy.

I love you Jong In- ah.”

 

Jong In didn’t react. Didn’t say anything. Just took Kyungsoo’s hands off him, got up, and started walking out the kitchen. Completely ignoring the elder, like he didn’t just say he loved him. Kyungsoo’s eyes widened in surprise that Jong In paid no attention to him. As he looked at the younger’s back, getting farther and farther away, he felt confused. He felt like he was being left. As if he didn’t matter to the younger. He felt hurt.

 

“J-Jong In!”Kyungsoo called out. Sounding almost desperate.

Almost, Jong In convinced himself.

Jong In stopped in his tracks.

“Jong In, aren’t you going to say something? Anything at all? Maybe… you didn’t hear me properly?

I love you Jong In-ah.

 

Jong In just sighed in annoyance. “I’ve got nothing to say.”

“B-but why? Why are you just ignoring me?”

Jong In turned his head to look at Kyungsoo from over his shoulder. He saw the confusion and the hurt in those wide eyes. The slight trembling of the lips and his shaking hands. Kyungsoo in turn gazed at him as well, waiting for an answer. He felt so cold from the expressionless eyes Jong In was piercing him with.

“Now you finally know what it feels like.”

 

After that statement, Jong In left the kitchen. Tears ran down Kyungsoo’s face.

 

 

 

It was almost dinner time. Chan Yeol wanted to check up on Kyungsoo.

He wasn’t today’s cook (Joonmyeon was), but he felt really nice when Kyungsoo said he loved him. So, he wanted to return the affection by letting the little guy know it was almost dinner time, and that the two of them would go out for ice cream afterwards. 

He went to the Kaisoo room. He peeked inside to see Jong In shirtless on his bed; just staring distantly into empty space. He looked around—no Kyungsoo.

 

“Hey Jong, where’s Kyungsoo?”

Jong In’s body tensed at the mention of that name. “How should I know?”

“You were the last one he was looking for. So I just assumed he was with you or maybe you’d know where he is. But you don’t?”

“Yeah. I don’t.”

“Alright then…”

 

Chan Yeol was about to exit the room. But then he smiled and talked to Jong In again.

“You’re in charge of him tomorrow. I hear Joonmyeon hyung’s making you do it alone, because you’re the one who isn’t on good terms with him.

A day with Kyungsoo is supposed to fix an arguing pair. But just a while ago he told us he loved us and stuff. So, you’ve probably already made up with him.

Good for you. Have fun with him tomorrow.”

 

Chan Yeol left the room. Jong In fisted the bed sheets.

 

 

Chan Yeol continually searched for Kyungsoo inside the apartment. No luck. He opened the front door—maybe the guy wandered off in town? Hopefully not—it’d be hard to search for him that way. 

Then Chan Yeol looked down, and saw Kyungsoo curled up in a ball on their doorstep. Needless to say, he was shocked. He closed the door, and sat beside Kyungsoo.

“Soo-yah~ It’s almost dinner time~”

“Y-yeah…”

Sniff

 

Sniff?

“Kyungsoo? Is something wrong?”

“N-no…”

Sniff

 

Obviously, something was wrong. Chan Yeol rubbed Kyungsoo’s back caringly.

“C’mon, Kyungie~ Tell hyung what’s bothering you. Those aliens again? Are they coming back for another fight?”

“N-no…”

“Then tell me what.”

“I-it’s ok. I’m fine…”

Chan Yeol pouted. “Kyungsoo, you love me right?”

“Yes hyung.”

“And, do people who love each other tell each other what’s wrong?”

“… I suppose so…”

“Then…”

Chan Yeol hugged Kyungsoo’s small frame. “…then you need to tell me, so I can help.”

It took a while, but Kyungsoo finally looked up at Chan Yeol. Tears evident as they left their tracks down his cheeks. Chan Yeol didn’t like to see Kyungsoo sad like this.

“I told everyone I loved them today…”

“Yes. Yes you did.”

“Everyone said they loved me back…”

“Of course they would.”

“Everyone except Jong In…”

 

“H-huh?”

 

Chan Yeol was confused.

 

“He just… didn’t even react or anything. He left me there. I called out to him—asked him why he ignored me. He just told me that I finally knew what it feels like. And… I don’t understand hyung!”

 

Kyungsoo held onto Chan yeol tightly, and sobbed into his shoulder.

 

“I don’t know what it means!

I don’t know why he didn’t say I love you back to me!

Does Jongie not love me? Does he hate me? What did I do? What did I say? Does he hate me for loving him?”

 

“K-Kyungsoo…” Chan Yeol hugged Kyungsoo tightly, as if to protect him from the cruel world. Jong In was a punk. 

“It’ll be alright, Soo-yah…”

 

“No…

Jong In doesn't love me back, hyung!

It hurts!

 

My heart clenches and unclenches inside my chest, and I can’t make it stop!

 

After I said that I was glad he was alive, after I said that I loved him, he just left me, hyung! It hurts so bad!

Jong In was so mean to me hyung! He ripped my heart in two!

Jong In was bad to me…

Jong In…

 

I don’t love him anymore.

 

No more… I don't love Jong In .

I promise…

I promise…”

 

 

Kyungsoo was crying a river now. Promising himself over and over again, that he wouldn’t love Jong In anymore. Chan Yeol couldn’t do anything but hold him and be his refuge.

 

 

Everyone sat in silence at the dinner table. 

The atmosphere was rather tense, as Kyungsoo was just dejectedly staring at his plate, and Chan Yeol was clearly glaring at Jong In. Jong In raised a brow, not knowing why EXO’s Happy Virus was shooting lasers at him with his eyes. Kris and Joonmyeon both looked at each other. Being the leaders, they had to look into this. They wouldn’t pry if it was private, but they did have to help solve the problem one way or another.

 

After dinner, the two leaders told Chan Yeol, Kyungsoo and Jong In to stay behind. When they were alone in the kitchen, Chan Yeol fired first.

“Jong In, you’re a jerk. You’re a prick. You’re a freakin insensitive bag of garbage.”

Jong In glared at him. “What in the world did I do to you? Last time I checked, we were having a normal conversation in my room.”

“Yeah, until I found out you were mean to Kyungsoo.”

“I don’t know what you’re talking about.”

“Is it true Kyungsoo?” Joonmyeon asked the petite male. “Was Jong In mean to you?”

 

Kyungsoo just stared at the ground; refusing to look up. He managed to answer timidly.

“… he ignored me when I said I loved him…”

“That’s it!?” Jong In asked, completely baffled and filled with annoyance. You started it Kyungsoo hyung. You ignored me first.

“Geez! Stop acting like such a baby!

What—did you cry about it, you sissy? Did the little baby cry because I didn’t pay attention to him? Poor thing—maybe I should’ve fed you too and changed you diapers. ” Jong In mocked.

 

Kyungsoo ran to Chan Yeol and wept. Chan Yeol gritted his teeth at Jong In.

“You’re being an . I would’ve punched you already, if Kyungsoo wasn’t here.”

“Why? Is violence too much for the crybaby? Too much for the little wuss?”

“Jong In, that’s enough,” Kris said firmly. “Why didn’t you just say you loved him too? Four simple words that even toddlers could spell out, but you couldn’t say it?”

“Why should I say something that isn’t true? I don’t love him. Why would I?

 

Kyungsoo held on to Chan Yeol tighter, buried his face deeper as if that would block out the words from Jong In’s lips.

“Jong In, apologize to him” Joonmyeon too was being firm now. “Tell him you’re sorry and that you really love him.”

 

No. It’s too late for that now.

“No,” Jong In said with finality. “I have nothing to be sorry for. It’s not my fault if I don’t love him.”

Stopped loving him

“And why are you guys even taking this seriously? He’s going to be random tomorrow—he won’t even remember! He’s crying now, but tomorrow he’ll just be a smiling weirdo again.” 

 

Joonmyeon and Kris weren’t happy with Jong In’s stubbornness. They dismissed Chan Yeol and Kyungsoo, the taller uttering “bastard” as he passed by Jong In. Jong In sat down as Joonmyeon and Kris both gave him a good scolding.

“If tomorrow, you don’t take care of Kyungsoo well—then we will do the same to you. Until you’ve made up with him, everyone in this household will ignore you.”

 

 

 

Jong In went to his bedroom and slammed the door. He was surprised to see Baekhyun.

“Kyungsoo’s sleeping with Chan Yeol tonight… You know, the members pretty much heard everything. We were eavesdropping right from outside the kitchen. 

Why didn’t you just end it, Jong In? Why didn’t you just do the right thing? 

Because I know, And anyone else who’s seen your past with Kyungsoo would know, That you’re lying.”

 

 

 
AUTHOR'S NOTE

Soooory! I wanted to do a full update, but yes--- life's been busy once more :(   If I only do half-updates, then you know it's probably because of school work. Sorry for the angst! But I bet you're curious now, aren't you? (wink wink) >_< A bit of Chansoo in there too :D

For those who would love some Kaisoo angst, check out my oneshot: A Captivating Captivity

WARNING: IT's RATED. please read only if age is appropriate. And don't worry, it turns fluffy at the end. THERE IS NO --it's rated because of the angst and ual harrassment. You can check my other Kaisoo fics here: The Kaisoo Menu  (^_^)

Happy reading~ God bless you guys~

STORY WRITTEN BY B2utyful-Elf  • LAYOUT CODED BY LYNNRYAN FROM LAYOUT PARADISE