Getting Tanged

oh Mr. President!

Authors POV

When the bell rang, Chanyeol wasted no time in searching for Minseok´s class. It was recess, the perfect time to look for the beautiful stranger. It didn´t take long for Chanyeol to reach the first years´ building. He saw a lot of girls going to a certain classroom and so he took his chance and asked for the direction of Minseok´s classroom  to save time.

 

“Excuse me, could you please tell me where to find class A?”, Chanyeol asked the group of girls.

The girls then looked at him with a smile. “We are going there ourselves. Why don´t we go together?”, the girls offered.

 

Chanyeol just nodded and thanked them. Each year level had their own building and luckily the freshmen building was not far from the sophomores building. Every year level also has different sections labelled with the english alphabet. Section/Class A is where the 25 smartest of each year level are found so Chanyeol assumed that Minseok must be really smart. Chanyeol is also in class A but in the sophomore year. When they arrived Chanyeol thanked the group of girls. The girls just smiled at him before they started to run inside the room. Chanyeol scanned the classroom hoping to spot the person he was looking for.

Suddenly he heard squealing with delight from the girls he came with.

 

Girl 1: Kyahh… Mr. President please accept these cookies l baked yesterday.

Girl 2: Mr. President is handsome and cute as always.

Girl 3: Can we call you oppa even if we are older Mr. President?

 

Minseok was surrounded by girls from his own class and girls from different classes as well. He flashed them his gorgeous smile and the screams just got louder.

 

“I will accept your generous gift happily. I am sure these cookies are delicious, thank you”, he said to the first girl as he took the gift. The girl blushed madly and then thanked him for his kind words.

 

That voice, Chanyeol recognized it and so he went closer to the crowded area were the voice came from.

 

The president then turned to look at the second girl and replied, “Thank you for the compliment. I am flattered especially because such praise came from a pretty lady”. The girl almost fainted because of the presidents´ compliment and screams were heard again.

 

Chanyeol was behind the girls who were screaming and could already see the person he was looking for. He wanted to go closer but opted for staying in his spot while he observed the strangers interaction with the other students surrounding him. He was wondering why the guy was so famous and why they were calling him president.

 

Minseok looked at the third girl in the eyes and smiled at her warmly before he said, “There is no need to address me formally. If calling me oppa can make you smile, then please feel free to do so. I don´t mind at all as long as you are all happy”.

 

The genuine smile from Minseok made Chanyeol smile as well although it was not directed to him. His mind could only note that the shorter boy was a gentleman who was kind to everyone. He then made his way through the crowd until he was standing in front of Minseok.

Minseok was surprised as a tall figure suddenly towered over him. He looked up and recognized the person as the guy he accidentally bumped to in the morning.

 

He smiled at him before he asked, “You are the guy from this morning. May l help you?”

 

Minseok´s statement caught everyone’s attention, especially his group of friends. Some of them knew Chanyeol since he was in the choir club but for others, he was a total stranger.

 

Chanyeol took the student I.D. out of his pocket and raised it for Minseok to see. “I came to return your student I.D. You dropped it”, he said.

Upon realizing his clumsiness, Minseok laughed a little and said, “Thank you and sorry for the trouble”. Minseok reached out his hands towards Chanyeol for him to give it to him.

 

Chanyeol was taken aback by Minseok´s laugh. It sounded so enticing to Chanyeols ears. He was so mesmerized by the cute boy in front of him that he did not realize that he became still and was only staring at Minseok´s smiling face until someone´s cold voice made him come back to reality.

 

“Are you going to return it to Minseok or do l have to take it from you?”, the cold voice asked.

 

The voice came from a tall raven haired boy who was now standing beside Minseok. Also a guy who Chanyeol recognized from the choir club was behind Minseok.

This was not how he pictured his second meeting with the beautiful stranger to be. He did not answer the question instead he signed and took a few steps towards Minseok.

When Chanyeol was only a few inches away from Minseok, he looked one last time at the other guy beside Minseok who looked angry before he looked down at Minseok. Minseok was still composed and calm though uncertainty was evident in his facial expression.

Chanyeol pulled one of Minseok´s wrist upwards towards him. When his face was only inches away from Minseok´s he whispered something to his ear. He glanced  a little at Minseok´s face to see his reaction while still holding him close to himself. Just as he expected, Minseok was shocked and caught off guard by his statement. The boy with cubby cheeks eyes widened and his body stiffened under Chanyeol´s hold and words. The taller guy smirked upon seeing Minseok´s reaction and finally released his hold on him.

The tall raven boy took a step closer and Chanyeol could guess he was ready to attack him but Minseok stopped him.

 

“Tao hyung, don´t”, Minseok said as he composed himself again, placed his hand before Tao and smiled towards him. Tao looked at Minseok and did as told because of the shorter´s sweet smile. The smile that could brighten everyones day especially Tao´s.

 

So his name is Tao, Chanyeol registered the new information in his head.

 

Minseok faced Chanyeol then smiled at him. He went closer to him and gestured for him to bend down a little and Chanyeol complied without any hesitations. Minseok smiled at first then whispered in return, “Don´t drag yourself into my business. You will just be tangled up in something which is bound to end in disaster”. The shorter took a few steps back and looked straight into his eyes with an intense yet serious gaze.

He could hear the other students whispering to each other, prying into their situation. He turned around and finally exclaimed, “That choice is up for me to decide. See ya around!” as he walked towards the door to return to his class.

Minseok just stared at Chanyeol´s back as his words whispered played in his mind, “Not only are you a sweet talker but a great fighter as well. Sehun and Kai need not worry. Enlighten me tomorrow before classes start”.

Chanyeol on the other hand thought of Minseok´s last statement as he told himself with a smile, “Too late cause l am already tangled up with your mysterious affairs and it is my mission to unravel your story”.