Very Special Day

oh Mr. President!

 

Author´s POV

On a very bright morning, the whole student council was keeping focus on the president. They were tracking his position and the possible attacks that may occur on the big day.

It was very clear that a lot of other students were surrounding Kim Minseok. Even the birds were offering a sweet and peaceful melody to the birthday boy.

A lot of the female students especially were giving him endless gifts and as expected of the kind-hearted president, he accepted it with a thankful heart and warm smile.

What the others failed to notice was that a few seniors were also looking at Minseok from a far. One of the distant observers had a glare directed on the scene. With a heavy displeased heart, he turned his heels and went away from the commotion.

Lunchtime came and Minseok was still surrounded by other students but this time, it were his seniors who came to greet him a happy birthday. He was smiling brightly and thanking everyone when out of nowhere a loud slamming sound was heard.

 

“Could you all please keep your voices down? You are in a place of learning for all that’s good”, screamed another male senior known to be a diva on the campus.

Minseok was surprised but quickly came to his senses and bowed apologetically before apologizing, “You are right. I am deeply sorry for distracting you from what you were doing. We will be leaving instead.”

 

The senior only glared at the president not liking what he heard. The others who saw the little discussion were whispering their distaste to the so-called diva´s attitude towards their beloved president. Noticing the unfriendly comments towards the other senior, Minseok bowed again and left to avoid a bigger mess.

 

After the last class, the president went to his favourite glass house to enjoy a silent and calming moment. With closed eyes he was deep in his rest when suddenly a pair of hands covered his eyes. By simply feeling the skin touch his, he could tell who it is. He smiled and placed his hands over the others and uttered his name, “Sehun”.

 

Sehun smiled after hearing the president say his name. He still does not know how Minseok can tell it was him without hearing him speak first. Uncovering Minseok´s his eyes, he then took a sit beside him.

 

“How is your birthday so far?”, Sehun asked.

Minseok simply laughs a little before looking back at Sehun , “amazing as always”.

 

Sehun could not help smile after seeing the angels contagious smile and his hand involuntarily caressed the others cheek. He wanted to say something when suddenly he heard quick footsteps. He hurriedly stood up and hid on the shadows ready to keep the president in case it was danger coming. After a few minutes, the same seniors surrounded Minseok to talk about the diva´s rude attitude.

Minseok on the other hand just smiled and told them it was fine and tried to defend the diva.

And just like someone summoned, Baekhyun the diva came out from the shadows. He saw the interaction between the president and his classmate as well as heard the others bad mouthing him. He smirked and made his presence know.

 

“Is bad mouthing a school mate good manners? I would have expected more from the schools president”, Baekhyun started.

The other girls spoke on Minseok´s behalf instead, “The president said nothing bad about you. On the contrary, he was defending you”.

 

Minseok´s eyes shifted to where Sehun was hiding with a frown displayed on his place. Sehun knew Baekhyun and he wanted nothing more than to strangle the diva for talking disrespectfully to his angel.

 

Baekhyun  was however undeterred and glared instead.  “I don’t see it that way. Anyway, I´m sure the school would be glad to know something new about the president.” The diva smirked and let his eyes go between Sehun and Minseok before it finally went to each and every other girl.

 

Minseok´s face was surprised for a second before he smiled again. This was nothing new to Minseok. People always wanted to scare him by using other people attached to him and he could not let it slide just like that.

 

“What can l do to make you smile? Mr. Byun is a handsome man yet l have not seen you smile even once”, Minseok said.

 

Baekhyun´s face was that of a confused child after hearing the president’s statement. His heart suddenly missed a beat thinking the president noticed him even before.  Yet he could not let the others see his façade falling apart. He stepped closer to the president.

 

“Simple, l hid something really precious to me. You have until tomorrow to find it”, Baekhyun answered.

Minseok was about to reply when the diva stopped him and continued talking, “If you succeed, l will smile. But if you fail, you will step down from being the president”.

 Everyone was complaining but Minseok simply nodded and said, “If it is what would make to show your beautiful smile, then l accept.”

 

Sehun who was witnessing everything was already plotting a scenario to get Baekhyun out of the way. But when his eyes laid on Minseok´s he knew that his mind was settled and he should just be behind the curtains.

 

Rumors travelled fast and the whole campus heard of the agreement made. The popular group was offering Minseok their help but he had to decline it because part of the condition Baekhyun gave was that the president is not allowed to receive any form of help.

 

 Minseok´s friends hated seeing him work himself hard just to find a thing they don’t even know what. Kris and Luhan especially stayed close just to make sure nothing bad happens to Minseok.

 

Sehun on the other hand talked to Baekhyun but it did him no good. Baekhyun was not interested in him but only on the president. He could not care less if the others knew that Sehun and the president knew each other. What he wanted was for the president to lose his popularity so there wont be a lot of people always around him.

 

The clock hit 7 pm and Minseok was having a hard time guessing what it was that Baekhyun wanted him to find. It was late and raining yet he still is on a dead end. Luhan was panicking when he saw Minseok looking for the diva´s thing under the rain. He hated it and hated Baekhyun for making Minseok suffer.

 

Baekhyun kept a close eye on Minseok from a far. He was amazed by his perseverance yet his heart was aching seeing his long time crush under go all the trouble and pain just to find his gift for his birthday. The diva went home with a heavy heart hoping the president would just give up.

 

The next day came and there was only 1 hour left before the decided time to see if the president failed. Minseok had a fever from the rain yet he was still looking. His vision was not clear and his hands were scared and cut yet he still continued looking.

 

30 minutes went by and Minseok went back to the glass house with weak steps. Baekhyun felt guilty for his selfishness and could not do go. He went to Minseok with tear strained face.

 

“Why are you trying this hard? Just give up”, Baekhyun nearly screamed.

Minseok turned back to look at him and smiled weakly, “Because if l give up now, l´ll never see your beautiful smile.  I don’t want to miss this chance”.

Baekhyun was about to tell him he was being stupid when Minseok suddenly stopped him just like how he did to him yesterday, “You have a very powerful voice. Yet you song alone and almost never stay in the music room to practice.”

 

The diva was speechless. Never in his entire life did it cross his mind that the Kim Minseok, his only one long time crush knew a lot about him. He was about to say something when Minseok continued talking, “ The best part is you love this place. Your voice fills this beautiful place with your melting voice.”

Minseok kneeled down and unburried a few music sheets before taking a few steps towards Baekhyun, “You bury your self written songs here where it is safe and far from the others reach. Thank you for your precious birthday gift”.

 

Baekhyun´s strong façade crumpled down in that moment. He took quick steps to fall on Minseok´s arms, apologizing endlessly for his childish acts while crying hard.

 

The entire time, Minseok comforted him and hugged him closed to him. After noticing Baekhyun has calmed down, he made him look up and wiped his tears away, “Will you now please smile for me?”.

 

For the first time in a long time, Baekhyun smiled whole-heartedly and felt his heart sore high. The guy he liked secretly for the longest of time took notice of his existence and held him in his arms. It was the best gift he received even if it was not his birthday.

 

When Minseok went home, his family was so scared and worried because his fever was too high. The campus was informed of the president’s success but they were not told about their beloved presidents sick state. The popular group was  sad though because they know, the president was not in class because he was stuck sick in his bed instead. Even a certain diva and a giant were thinking of a certain angelic bun instead of the lesson when their classmate Kai and Sehun were absent as well.