I´m Afraid

oh Mr. President!

Authors POV

 

The entire Kim Household was in havoc when Minseok was brought home with a high fever. They here mad and anxious but most of all worried for their little prince.

 

His parents were by his side the whole time to watch over and tend to all his needs. His friends visited him after classes. One person in particular was always by Minseoks side. He would kiss the top of Minseok´s head before heading for school and after coming back home.

 

A certain someone was bothered deeply because even if he knew that Minseok took the bet to make Baekhyun happy and avoid conflicts, he honestly knew it was also because Baekhyun saw him and Minseok together and threatened him to spill the new knowledge if he refused.

 

Sehun felt mad and helpless. E wanted Baekhyun to feel hell and regret making his prince sick but he doesn´t want to upset Minseok. So he finally decided for a gently approach.

 

Sehuns POV

 

It is the 3rd  day that Minseok is still in bed recuperating. I always went to check up on him because it has been a long time since we saw him sick. It is moments like these that crushes my heart and drains my sanity.

 

He looks so pale and weak. The smile that he shows seems so hard and full of effort. Yet he never falls he asks us how our day was when he should be the one asking him how is he doing. And not once did he blame that diva for what happened. He even defends him in saying it was his choice and thus own fault.

 

I went to school to talk to Baekhyun. Minseok might be a kind soul but l am not. I cant and l refuse to just let it slide like that.

 

Before class l already told Kai to go home first and just tell Minseok and his parents l will be home after taking care of some business. He was suspicious at first but he knew he cant do anything because there is only one person l listen to and that person is sadly sick because he tried to protect me. I also left a note on that diva´s desk letting him know that he should met me after class at the same place he saw me and Minseok together.

 

Authors POV

 

It was already late in the afternoon and Sehun was waiting for Baekhyun for arrive. He was starring at the plants that his prince liked dearly. He knew Minseok went there went he wanted peace and silence. He was caught up in thinking about Minseok that he failed to notice Baekhyun´s arrival.

 

 

“So why did you want to talk to me”, Baekhyun asked as if he had no idea at all. Yet on the contrary, he knew very well why he was there. He knew the glares and hatred that his classmate felt towards him and he knew especially why. He did not want to meet him but he was also anxious in knowing Minseok´s condition.

 

Sehun looked at him with a cold stare and answered in a monotone, “What you say on the President´s birthday, l expect you to say no word about it”.

 

The diva frowned and decided to get as much information as he can about his crush, “I wont if you tell me what your connection is”.

 

 

Anger was what consumed Sehun in that moment. He cannot believe that Baekhyun had the nerve to ask and pry about the subject after making Minseok suffer because it. With quick steps he had the diva by the collar, lifted a little of the ground while glaring at him with all his hatred.

 

 

“How dare you ask about it when you already cause Minseok to stay sick in bed because of your damn threat”, Sehun hissed.

 

 

Baekhyun felt guilt eating him. He never meant Minseok to be hurt and worst sick because of his jealousy. He loved the man yet it is to late and he knows it.

 

 

“I´m sorry”, Baekhyun answered silently, guilt and regret evident in his voice.

 

 

Sehun was still furious but Minseok´s smiling face flashed in his mind and he wished to keep that smile in his prince´s face so he decided to let Baekhyun go and turned his back towards him.

 

 

“If only sorry could fix things and make him better quickly”, Sehun answered. “Apologize to him cause he is the one who is suffering not me”.

 

Baekhyun then collected his courage and decided to ask, “ How is he doing? Does he still have a fever?.”

 

 

Sehun closed his eyed tightly after remembering the past few days, Minseok with a fever, having trouble breathing and having not enough energy to move around. He especially hated the coldness of Minseok´s hand and little rise and fall of his breathing. If only he could give Minseok his heart and body instead.

 

 

“He is still recuperating”, Sehun said shortly.

 

 

Baekhyun hummed. He knows he is to blame and he can’t change what happened.

 

 

“Can you please tell him to get better soon from me. And also that l am sorry”, Baekyhun requested softly.

 

 

Sehun just nodded and left Baekhyun alone.

 

On the way home, Sehun looked outside the window thinking of Minseok and and his past. He was taken in the Kim Household at a young age. And despite the fact that Minseok´s parents are nice to him,there were those in the household and neighborhood who did not take a liking to him.

 

After arriving home, he quickly and silently went to his prince´s room to check up on him. He was sleeping peacefully so he just sat on the chair beside Minseok´s bed and held his hand. He stared at his angelic face as the memories came back crashing.

 

Flashback

 

Sehun was 7 years old when he finally met the only son of Mr. And Mrs. Kim. The child was said to be really fragile and precious that is why he was not allowed to just go out of the mansion. Sehun, being a normal and a kid himself was still trained how to be a guard and what it meant to be in the Kim family.

 

It was on a bright afternoon while he was hiding on the garden to attend to his wounds that he saw the jewel of the Kim Household. The training to being a bodyguard was hard and he did not understand why he had to go through it. He agonized at the thought of working hard to protect someone he did not know and risk his life for someone he did not care about. The dark thoughts were clouding his mind that he was caught of guard when a small head popped up in his vision. 

 

It was a shock to him when the child locked at him with a confused and worried face. He could hear another person calling out for the child.

 

 

“Young master Minseok, please don´t run”, the child’s guardian exclaimed after the little kid.

 

 

 Sehun was surprised after hearing how the guardian addressed the kid. So he is the only son he said to himself. He looked at the child and was about to panic when the precious jewel traced its hand at his cut and pressed its soft lips at it.

 

Little Minseok looked up at him with such genuine smile. He was about to say something when the guardian quickly pulled Minseok back and looked so scandalized.

 

 

The guardian then leveled to little Minseok and told him, “ Young Master Minseok, what are you doing? That kid is full of cut and dirt. You might get sick.”

 

 

Sehun knew the concern of the guardian. He was indeed covered in dirt and with the precious jewel´s fragile state, he might get sick. And he definitely did not deceive the concern of the young master.

 

But to everyones surprise, little Minseok looked confused first before smiling and answered.

 

 

“Mom and dad said a kiss help heal. He will heal faster now”, the angel answered.

 

 

The guardian only ended up smiling and admiring the younf master more before taking him back to the mansion.

 

Sehun watched as the little prince showed his comforting smile for the last time and was taken back inside. Never had Sehun felt so treasure and love. Especially since the one who gave meaning to the word love was technically a stranger to him.

 

It is true that most people think that Minseok´s greatest asset is his one billion dollar look and family background. But what they failed to notice was what made Sehun decide that he would live for the Kim´s jewel. It was Minseoks pure heart and genuinely angelic personality that made Sehun decided that he would do everthing to keep him safe, even if it means his life.

 

Present time

 

“Please get better soon my little prince”, Sehun said silently as he kissed Minseok´s hand.

 

 

Sehun was surprised when he heard soft giggles and quickly looked at the angelic face he loved to look at.

 

 

Minseok said, “You are acting as if l am dying”.

 

The statement bothered Sehun yet he could not help himself to smile after seeing Minseok´s smile.

 

 

Sehun ruffled Minseoks hair and answered, “As if we will let you leave us”.

 

Both end up laughing and Mr. and Mrs. Kim were glad to see their son loved and looked after.