Only Privately

oh Mr. President!

Authors POV

 

After dinner, Minseok went to the library / study area inside the house. It was a room specially made for him and the others in the house to do their school work or spend their free time reading books and such. Minseok usually spends his time there because he likes the silence and peacefulness of the room. He is also always mesmerized by the abundant number of books inside the room and for a book lover such as himself, it just feels like paradise.

The young master was doing his homework when suddenly his phone rang. He looked at his phone screen and immediately answered it after seeing the caller I.D.

 

Minseok: Hey

Kris: Hi, so l made a background check on Chanyeol. Turns out he is just a normal kid and post no treat.

Minseok: Thanks Yifan ge, but you did not have to do that.

 

It has been a habit of Minseok to call Kris by his real name, which is Yifan. The others in their school calls the taller by his nickname and Minseok is the only one allowed to call him by his name Yifan. Also, when it is only the two of them together or talking, Minseok uses “ge” instead of “hyung” since it was what Kris asked of him during the early stage of their friendship. It was exclusively for the two, only privately spoken.

 

Kris: I wanted to. It never hurts to be sure. So want to tell me what he wanted from you?

Minseok: (Sign) I already told you guys earlier.

Kris: Minnie, l know there is more to it than what you told us. And don´t even think of lying because you know that l will know if you do.

 

On the other hand, Kris has always addressed Minseok with the cute nickname. Though he does not call him by the cute name in public or in the presence of others, he definitely calls his best friend  “Minnie” when they are talking privately.

It was not his intention to let others know but Minseok knew he had to tell Kris. After all, Kris knows him too well and he won´t stop until he knows what Minseok was hiding from them. Also, it is only Kris who knows of Sehun and Kai´s relationship with Minseok.

 

Minseok: Fine, you win. I got into a fight this morning on my way to school to help a girl. It happened in a secluded area so l thought no one would witness it. After the fight, Kai and Sehun came to the scene and checked on me. Unfortunately, Chanyeol hyung saw everything and wants to know the connection between the three of us.

Kris: You mean to tell me you fought alone Minnie. Please tell me you did not get hurt or anything. Why do you have to be so rush Minnie? I should have been there to help you.

 

Hearing Kris worried and sad voice from the other line made Minseok feel guilty.  He did not wish to burden his best friend.

 

Minseok: Sorry Yifan ge. I am perfectly fine so don´t worry. What bothers me is my meeting with Chanyeol hyung tomorrow. I don´t wish for the others to know about Sehun and Kai hyung. It will only trouble the two.

Kris: Do you want me accompany you Minnie?

 

To be honest, Kris was intending to be present when Minseok talks to Chanyeol about the matter. Even if Minseok declines the offer, he would secretly observe how things unfold during their meeting. And though he really dislikes being in school so early, he would do it for his Minnie and his Minnie only.

 

Minseok: No need ge. I can manage.

Kris: (laughs) Ok Minnie. I will see you tomorrow then. Take a good rest. Good night.

Minnie: Thanks Yifan ge, Good night.

 

The call was ended and Minseok continued doing his assignments. When he was done, he went to his room to get ready for bed. After a couple of minutes, he heard a knock on the door and Suho came inside after Minseok said he can come in.

 

“So are you done with school work Minseokie?”, Suho asked after placing a tray  on Minseok´s night stand.

Minseok smiled and answered, “Yes Suho hyung”.

Suho returned the smile and gave Minseok his daily tablet and a glass of water, “That is good”.

Minseok took the tablet and drank the water and thanked his hyung, “Thanks Suho hyung”.

 

Suho took the empty glass from Minseok and then tucked the angel in bed. As always Suho sang for Minseok until the cute bun drifted to sleep while his soft hair gently.

 

Close your eyes and listen carefully to my story

Before my story ends, you will dream

Little star … tonight

All night, l will watch over you

http://youtu.be/TEXzmmfHBJ4

 

The elders´ soft voice always made his little star Minseok sleep soundly and dream of pleasant dreams. Back when Minseok was a toddler, Suho always sang to him and he would be in deep slumber after a few lines of the song.

Seeing his angels sleeping face, Suho could not help but smile and admire the boys´ peaceful face. He is always beautiful no matter what he does in Suho´s eyes and he was sure it was the same for the others. Suho then gently placed a kiss on the boys´ forehead before exiting the room. After the door was closed, he saw Mr. and Mrs. Kim standing in front of it. He told them the young master is asleep before he stepped aside and make space for them to enter the room.

Mr. and Mrs. Kim then went to their precious baby´s bed side and stared at the sleeping angel. They both had a loving gaze towards the boy and then they both kissed their son´s forehead.

Suho who was witnessing the sweet scene then decided to close the door and give the family privacy. His mind at peace knowing their little star is safe and sound.