Unexpected Meeting

oh Mr. President!

Chanyeol POV

 

There are probably times when you feel bored because of your never ending ordinary daily routine.  But the funny thing is, sometimes one single event is all it takes to change your everyday life completely. This is how my life changed in a mere moment.

 

My name is Park Chanyeol. I am in my sophomore year.  School is something l do not hate but l also find it boring because everyday is always the same. Everyday it is always going to school, classes until afternoon, club activities or practice, then sometimes meeting up with friends and then going home and sleeping. The next day, the same thing goes on like it is on reply. I always wonder when will school finally be interesting and hopefully this never ending cycle would stop.

And just like any other day, l was on my way to school early in the morning. I was walking in a moderate pace and when l was on the edge of the street, l suddenly found myself falling down on the cold cement. Someone bumped into me accidentally. My gaze instantly went to the culprit and l felt like my eyes were deceiving me. In front of me was a short boy who quickly stood up after falling just like me. He bowed politely although it was in a rush and said his apologies. I could not even bring myself to utter a word and my eyes were just so focused on his whole figure. He extended his hand towards me to help me stand up and l took it without hesitation. And as if his angelic face was not enough, his hand was as soft as that of a baby. As much as l wanted to hold it longer, the beautiful stranger quickly lets go of my hand. He apologized for the last time and then continued to run as quickly as possible.

My eyes followed his disappearing figure. My mind was still processing everything that happened. The mysterious boy was so beautiful despite his gender. His brown hair looked so silky and soft. The face was just one that cannot be easily forgotten. The boy had a round face, cat-like almond eyes, cute nose, chubby rosy cheeks and very kissable pouty lips. He looks so gentle, cute and sweet that one would simply think he was an angel sent down from the heavens.

Regaining my senses after what felt like forever, l continued on my tracks. Suddenly l stepped on something. I picked it up and realized that it was the student I.D. of the beautiful stranger. After reading the information on the I.D., l found out the angel´s name and the fact that we went to the same school.

I quickly ran towards the direction he was going, hoping l could still catch up to him and return his belonging. After a couple of minutes running, l came to a stop not knowing which way he went to. I stood in the open trying to catch my breath when out of nowhere l heard a scream.

Following the voice, l found a very dangerous scene unfold before my eyes. A girl wearing a school uniform was held by two guys as there were around three other guys fighting a small guy. I went closer to the scene, trying to get a better look at the fight. The short guy was facing his back at me so l failed to see his face. His movements where very fast and surprisingly graceful as he landed a few punches on the three bigger guys attacking him. Despite being outnumbered, he easily won and went in front of the two last guys holding the girl. He asked them to simply let her go but they refused and instead attacked him at the same time. My eyes widened when l finally saw the face of the short guy fighting alone. He was the beautiful angel l bumped into earlier. Who would have thought such angelic looking cute boy would be this strong. For all that´s good, he was fighting the big guys as if they were newbies in combat and in a split second the two attackers were already on the ground after a powerful round house kick was landed on their head.

As if all the fighting was just child’s play and easy matter, he then fixed his uniform and went to the girl who was standing alone still crying and trembling due to the fight. She was beautiful and was wearing the uniform of an all-girls school. My mind then put the puzzle pieces together. The boy must have been on a rush earlier to save the girl. I saw him take a handkerchief from his pocket and offered it to her as he smiled warmly at her. She quickly wiped the tears away and bowed a couple of times. They exchange words for a while then the girl suddenly hugged him and waved him goodbye as she ran away.

My mind was filled with millions of questions as l stared at the now only boy standing. Who was this guy? How come he is so strong despite his gentle and beautiful appearance? I wanted to ask but before anything l have to go to him and return his I.D.

I walked towards him but suddenly a luxurious car stopped near the scene. I stopped and hid instead. The reason for my action is also unknown to myself but it felt like the right thing to do. Quickly two boys came to his side. My eyes widened in shock as l realized who they were. They were my classmates Sehun and Kai. They looked so worried of the shorter guy. Sehun even hugged him instantly when he was already beside the shorter. Kai on the other hand scanned his arms for injuries or maybe bruises.  The cute boy just laughed, then said something and smiled at them. Both of them signed and lead him to the car. They all went in and drove away.

Not knowing what to do anymore l looked at the surrounding for the last time. Then suddenly something hit me, school. I completely forgot about it. I quickly looked at my watch and ran for my life as l realized l was totally late.

After arriving at school, l received library duties as punishment for being late. I quickly took my sit and class resumed. My gaze went to Sehun then Kai. My mind was still filled with unanswered questions. What was their relationship with the beautiful stranger?

Morning classes went on and l found myself lost in thinking about the mysterious boy this morning. I made a mental note that l would look for him during lunch break.

I guess school life would finally be interesting from now on. Kim MinSeok, the boy´s name in the school I.D., who are you? My days won´t be boring from now on, thanks to you.