Because It’s You (Tiffany’s Sidestory)

Trials of the Three

When Tiffany was five,

 

Her mother disappeared from her life… Her very first clear memory was that of her mother walking out of the door and when little Tiffany ran out after her, she was nowhere to be seen. Her father just told her that her mother had her reasons for leaving and to leave it to fate as to whether they would meet her mother again. From that day on, Tiffany became quieter and slightly less cheerful then before.

 

She also made few friends for her dad and she kept moving house, so every time she made a friend, it was time to say goodbye. It did not help that most people looked down on her as she had no mother. The rumours that travelled around, hurt Tiffany and made her very hesitant to open up to anyone, so she preferred to keep to herself and entertain herself by reading books her father bought for her. Sometimes she tried to learn to cook, but she always managed to almost destroy the kitchen in the process and eventually her father banned her from the kitchen.

 

From time to time, she would dream of her mother and in those dreams her mother appeared to wear a suit of red amour, had a pair of golden wings, wielded a long sword made of pure platinum in her right hand and in her left, a blue coloured shield with the crest made of emerald that formed the shape of an eagle. Her mother would always tell her that she was sorry for leaving her at such a young age, that she was destined for great things and that they would definitely meet in person in the future.

 

Through all those hardships and tough times, Tiffany grew up to be a resilient young lady, who was able to put up a strong front in front of other people, but deep inside, she was still a little girl with a fragile heart, forever yearning to see her mother again. Life continued as per normal for Tiffany, until the day she unintentionally incinerated a group of villagers…

 

That was also the day she met Jessica and a while later, Sooyoung and Hyoyeon. That was the day she found someone could finally trust and fully open up to. The first person who did not mind that her mother had left for no apparent reason. The first person who loved her for who she is, other than her parents.

 

A few minutes after Sooyoung and Hyoyeon left…

 

“Sooo… What should we do now?” Jessica asked, her eyes never leaving Tiffany’s and her hand in Tiffany’s hand.

 

“Hmm…” Tiffany pouted as she tried to think of something to do and after a few moments she replied: “Let’s go meet my dad first and then we can meet your family. That way we can tell them we’ll be going off on a journey and get to know each other more!” Jessica nodded excitedly, earning herself a dazzling smile from Tiffany, as they walked to Tiffany’s house.

 

Within another fifteen minutes, they reached Tiffany’s home and just as they reached, Tiffany’s father stepped out of the house. “Annyeong Appa! Let me introduce you to my new friend, Jessica.” Tiffany greeted her father happily. “And Jessica, this is my appa.” Tiffany turned to Jessica and introduced her father to Jessica.

 

“Tiffany’s Appa Annyeong!” Jessica greeted cutely. Tiffany’s father smiled at the two cheerful girls in front of him and was extremely happy to see Tiffany smile again. He then asked them how they met and the girls explained what happened a while back and informed him that they would go travelling very soon. Tiffany’s father was sad to know that Tiffany would be leaving him, but he knew this day would come eventually. He wished them good luck on their travels and that he would probably go travelling on his own.

 

With that, the girls said goodbye and went to Jessica’s place to meet her family. Similarly, Jessica introduced her parents to Tiffany and Tiffany to her parents, before Jessica and Tiffany told Jessica’s parents that they were going to travel to Serene Mansion. With the goodbyes out of the way, Jessica and Tiffany decided to go shopping for their travelling essentials and practice their fighting skills in the nearby forest.

 

The next five years was a trying time for the pair as they fought battle after battle, but Tiffany never forgot to find time to celebrate Jessica’s birthday for her. Once, Jessica asked Tiffany why Tiffany always found time to celebrate her birthday for her even though they were all tired out from the constant fighting. Tiffany simply replied: “Because it’s you~” That was the simplest but the most touching and sweetest thing Jessica ever heard from Tiffany.

 

After defeating the feral demon, the following three hundred years passed rather uneventfully, except for the fact that Tiffany swore that Jessica loved making her jealous by hanging out with Onew at every possible opportunity. At the present moment, however, she had better things to handle, with the mysterious appearance of X, Y and Z.

 

Nevertheless, amidst her busy schedule, Tiffany always found time to accompany Jessica to do the things they loved to do. Also, Tiffany made sure she would visit her parents every once in a while to make sure they were fine. Jessica and her would also visit Jessica’s parents occasionally to see how they were getting on with afterlife. Krystal and Hyoyeon would join them sometimes, if they were free.

 

Most importantly, Tiffany was always on the look out of any trouble of conflict between humans living on earth and would appear before them to resolve the situation as diplomatically as possible. Even though she was the Goddess of War, she preferred disputes to be settled without a need for going to war. Also, she had promised Jessica that she would ensure that as little people lost their lives in war as possible and for Tiffany; Jessica’s wish is her command.