Baby Maybe (Chapter 1)

Trials of the Three

"Yah! Get off my throne! You have a death wish?!! I can grant it you know!" Sooyoung yelled as she transformed into her goddess form. Taeyeon, Seohyun, Tiffany, Yuri and Yoona all transformed into their archangel, goddess, demon and angel forms, respectively, in preparation to fight if absolutely necessary.

 

"Silence!" The hooded figure that was sitting on Sooyoung's throne, shouted and stood up, before sending Sooyoung flying into the wall ten metres away, with just the flick of the wrist. Sooyoung was knocked out cold by the impact that would have killed her if she was not a goddess. Everyone else were completely stunned by the scene for Sooyoung was the most powerful among them, but she was so easily knocked out by the hooded figure.

 

With Sooyoung knocked out, Taeyeon immediately assumed command of the group, for she was second-in-command to Sooyoung, even though she was not even a goddess. The other two goddesses still look up to her as their leader, just like when they were in the Vanguard of Death.

 

Taeyeon looked at the hooded figures with a deadly serious expression. In a blink of an eye, Taeyeon appeared right next to the hooded figure, who had flicked Sooyoung away, and whispered into the ear of the hooded figure: "This is for hurting Sooyoung unni!" There was a mischievous glint in Taeyeon's eye, before she punched the hooded figure hard in the stomach and warped her way back to where she was before.

 

"Now please introduce yourselves and enlighten us on what are the Trials of the Three?" Taeyeon asked with an angelic smile.

 

"I was going to do that if a certain someone didn't interrupt me and another certain other someone didn't punch me so hard in the gut… Anyways, I am X. That's all you need to know about me." X replied, glaring at Taeyeon.

 

"I am Y." The hooded figure that was on Tiffany's throne, introduced.

 

"And I am Z." The last hooded figure that was on Seohyun's throne, introduced.

 

"By your voices, I assume the three of you are female? And why do you three not want us to see your faces?" Taeyeon enquired.

 

"Yes, you are correct and we do not wish to show our faces for reasons that we will not reveal. Anyways, the first trial will take place on the fifteenth of the fifth month. Have fun preparing and we'll meet back here at dawn of that date! Ciao!" X informed the rest, before the three of them disappeared in a outburst of black flames.

 

Hyoyeon, who was worried for her partner, was by Sooyoung's side once X, Y and Z disappeared. "Wake up! Don't scare me like this!" Hyoyeon shouted at the unconscious Sooyoung, as she shaked her partner vigorously.

 

"Baby Taeng-ah, I want to eat your tofu…" Sooyoung mumbled, semi-conscious, before she jerked awake, fully conscious. "What happened?" Sooyoung questioned, as she tried to make sense of what had just happened.

 

Together, the rest explained to Sooyoung what happened in detail and after thinking through it for a while, she asked Taeyeon and the other two goddesses to stay behind to discuss on what to do. The others were instructed to go to the training hall to prepare for intense training.

 

"I'm not a goddess, why do I need to stay back?" Taeyeon asked, puzzled.

 

"Because, to me, you're one!" Sooyoung told Taeyeon with a smile. "And you know a lot too… If you know what I mean…" Sooyoung whispered into Taeyeon's ear, before stealing a kiss on her cheek.

 

Taeyeon nodded and the four of them started to discuss on the training regiment…

 

Five minutes later…

 

The four girls had finished their discussion and TaeTiSeo headed to the training hall to conduct the training briefing, while Sooyoung remained in the throne room to mull about the situation. "Hmph… No one remembered it's my birthday today…" Sooyoung thought, as she pouted.

 

Closing her eyes, she let her mind drift back to the past…

 

She remembered how she used to play with Soojin, Sjnch and Syngch. She recalled how she used to play pranks on and with her cousins, Yuri and Yoona. She reminisced the times she had spent with her boyfriend in the vanguard of death and the times she spent travelling around the world with Hyoyeon.

 

Mostly importantly, she remembered the day she got married…

 

[Flashback Start]

 

"Hey Oppa! I'm a goddess now! Let's celebrate!" Sooyoung exclaimed as she hugged her boyfriend.

 

"That's great! Let's get married then!" Sooyoung's boyfriend replied with a grin.

 

"Sounds good to me! But what kind of proposal is that? I'm a goddess, you know…" Sooyoung pouted as she playfully punched her boyfriend.

 

"Does it matter? You agreed already." Sooyoung's boyfriend answered with a smile.

 

"Fine… You win!" Sooyoung whispered, smiling back at him. "Now all we need is a witness… I know I'll get Hyoyeon!" Sooyoung said, before she teleported away to drag Hyoyeon up to Paradise to be the witness.

 

And so they said their vows, kissed and got married just like that.

 

After sending Hyoyeon back to her room, Sooyoung and her husband retired to the bedroom for the night. On the bed, the two newlyweds looked at each other and smiled. "Baby?" Sooyoung's boyfriend asked.

 

"Maybe." Sooyoung playfully replied, before the both of them slipped into each other's embrace and what happened after that is another story…

 

[Flashback End]

 

Sooyoung's smile widened as she recalled her first night together with her husband. Then her thoughts shifted to yet another wedding. To be precise, four weddings on the same day…

 

[Flashback Start]

 

Taeyeon, Tiffany, Yuri and Yonghwa were dressed smartly in tuxedoes as they waited anxiously for their wives to walk into the wedding hall. Sooyoung smiled and reassured them that their wives would not decide to run off with another guy at the last minute.

 

"Oh look, they are here!" Sooyoung whispered to the four and true to her word, Sunny, Jessica, Yoona and Seohyun walked in, dressed in elegant wedding dresses and all of them looking drop dead gorgeous.

 

Upon seeing their wives, Taeyeon, Tiffany, Yuri and Yonghwa, immediately relaxed and smiled automatically. Sooyoung, who has always been pretty emotional, shed tears of joy for the four couples, as they walked up to each other, ready to say their vows and get married.

 

And before anyone knew it, the four couples had said their vows and were now married. Only Hyoyeon was still single and although she never showed her envy or disappointment, Sooyoung could see those emotions in her partner's eyes. "Your turn will come soon!" Sooyoung told Hyoyeon, in a bid to cheer Hyoyeon up.

 

"Hopefully." Hyoyeon replied wistfully.

 

[Flashback End]

 

"And your turn came about a hundred years later, didn't it?" Sooyoung thought to herself as she recalled the wedding of her trusted partner…

 

[Flashback Start]

 

"My bodyguard and my partner are getting married?!!" Sooyoung asked incredulously as she stared blankly at Hyoyeon, who had just told her the shocking news.

 

"Yeah… We've been going out for the past few decades already…" Hyoyeon mumbled, blushing with embarrassment.

 

"How come I never knew?" Sooyoung questioned, wondering how she could have not known that her partner was going out with her bodyguard.

 

"Well… These days you're either eating, spending time with your husband or stalking Taeyeon…" Hyoyeon replied.

 

"Ahh… I see… Congratulations!" Sooyoung congratulated her partner, before they started to plan out the wedding.

 

One month later…

 

"So do you, Syngch, take Hyoyeon as your wife and vow to stick with her through thick and thin?" Sooyoung asked Syngch.

 

"I do." Syngch replied.

 

"And do you, Hyoyeon, take Syngch as your husband and vow to stay with him, through health or sickness?" Sooyoung asked Hyoyeon.

 

"I do." Hyoyeon replied.

 

"Great! So I now pronounce you two, husband and wife! You may kiss the bride!" Sooyoung ended off with a smile, as the newlywed couple kissed each other.

 

[Flashback End]

 

"Ahh… Those were the good days… But now it's time for another testing period… Hope everyone can pull through." Sooyoung thought, as she reopened her eyes. Munching on an apple, Sooyoung set off to the training hall to check on how the training was going.

 

What greeted her eyes when she reached there, literally swept her off her feet…