Finally Now (Chapter 5)

Trials of the Three

Finally, now was the time for the boys to make use of their training to attempt to pass the first trial. Yes, the day had finally arrived… The fifteenth of the fifth month, which so happened to be Sunny's birthday. Sunny was especially happy that day, since it was a birthday and she was practically radiating happiness. She went around cheering everyone up, raising the morale of the boys who were getting nervous as the realisation that the trial date had finally arrived. This of course made Taeyeon really jealous as she did not like Sunny going around "flirting" with everyone.

 

"Byuntaeng-ah!!! Why are you pouting like that? You're sooo CUUUUUTE!!! Come on! Be happy! It's my birthday and being unhappy is not allowed!!!" Sunny told Taeyeon as she affectionately pinched Taeyeon's cute cheeks.

 

"How can I be happy when my wife is flirting around with everyone else?" Taeyeon asked as she continued pouting.

 

"Aww… My byuntaeng is jealous!!!" Sunny giggled and stuck her tongue out at Taeyeon before running away.

 

"YAH!!! COME BACK HERE!!! I'M NOT DONE WITH YOU!!!" Taeyeon screamed as she chased after Sunny. Sunny's speed was no match for Taeyeon's and in no time at all, she was caught. "Sunny Bunny… You'll never escape my clutches!" Taeyeon whispered into her wife's ear.

 

"Byuntaeng-ah… I don't want to escape your clutches, even though I can…" Sunny replied grinning widely.

 

"Yeah right… Like you can outrun me…" Taeyeon answered, rolling her eyes.

 

"Oh it's simple… Like this…" Sunny smirked and unleashed her Resonance state power, Light Dissonance, and disappeared in a flash of light, leaving a bewildered Taeyeon behind. "Since when was she able do that?!!" Taeyeon thought as she started looking around for her mischievous bunny.

 

In a another flash of light, Sunny rematerialized behind Taeyeon and embraced Taeyeon in a bone crushing backhug. She whispered: "We still have an hour before dawn arrives… Why don't we…"

 

Taeyeon's erted mind immediately assumed that Sunny meant to have some alone time with her on their bed, so without waiting for Sunny to complete her sentence, Taeyeon replied with a grin: "Of course we should…"

 

Sunny chuckled and completed her sentence: "…take a walk down memory lane. So, since you agreed, let's reminisce the past together!"

 

"Aww man… I thought you meant… Never mind… Reminiscing the past sounds good too." Taeyeon sighed, disappointed that she got excited for nothing, but she thought: "Hey, at least there'll still be opportunities for lots of skinship, won't there?"  Taeyeon smiled widened as she thought about that.

 

Seeing this, Sunny could guess what Taeyeon was thinking off and reprimanded Taeyeon: "Wipe those dirty thoughts of your mind! Or I'll go talk to Sungmin, instead."

 

Hearing that, Taeyeon's expression darkened and she worriedly grabbed Sunny's hand, while using her cutest voice ever to tell Sunny: "Don't leave me alone!!! Pleeeeeeeeeeeease!!! I promise I'll try to keep my hands to myself!"

 

"Try only?" Sunny questioned, raising an eyebrow.

 

"Okay, okay… I WILL keep my hands to myself." Taeyeon replied and pouted in disappointment.

 

"That's much better. By the way… I'm yours…" Sunny whispered and winked at Taeyeon. Taeyeon's expression brightened up immediately and the two of them started to take a walk down memory lane…

 

About three hundred and twenty-five years ago…

 

Sunny was just five and she was chasing after her father around the garden. Sunny loved running, for it made her feel free and she was always the restless one, always wanting to expend her limitless amount of energy. For a five year old, she was exceptionally fast, being able to run faster than everyone in town, even full grown adult males were no match to her lightning speed. Until she met Taeyeon, Sunny never once met anyone who could outrun her, Taeyeon was the only one who was able to... At least, until she could unleash Lightning Dissonance while in human form…

 

Sunny particularly loved to chase after her father, for he would always use his wits to make up for the extreme lack in speed and this gave Sunny a challenge. Sunny loved challenges and never liked winning anything easily, so chasing her father had always given her a sense of satisfaction when she managed to outwit and outrun him. Not once did her father let her win on purpose. He had no need to, since Sunny was both faster and smarter than him.

 

Ten years down the road, Sunny was the hottest fifteen year old girl in town and guys from all over town or even from neighbouring towns would all crowd around her family's farm, just to catch a glimpse of her. They were mesmerized by whatever she did, whether she was catching chickens with her bare hands or tending to her cow, Greeny.

 

All the guys would try to win her heart by doing all sorts of antics to impress her. These antics ranged from digging holes within an insanely short amount of time to carrying a huge load of fertilizer that was as heavy as a cow. Unfortunately, Sunny was never impressed, as whatever the guys could do, she could do better. Even worse, some guys tried to take control of her by forcing her to soul align with them. Those guys never succeeded and they never saw the light of day again.

 

Sunny often wondered why the guys always wanted to show that they were better than her. She saw no point in that, as her ideal guy was one who would love her for the way she was and not a guy who could be better than her. Nevertheless, Sunny continued being the cheerful, bubbly girl that she always was and still went around smiling brightly, bringing happiness to everyone that saw her.

 

Yet another ten years passed by without her meeting her soul mate or her destined weapon user, so her father decided to take fate into his own hands and at least find her a guy to take care of her for the rest of her life. Something that Sunny hated a lot, as she hated to be controlled and she would rather never marry than marry someone who would not let her be herself.

 

But it was at that moment that Taeyeon appeared and stole Sunny's heart in an instant. Following, Sooyoung and Hyoyeon appeared to invite them to join the Vanguard of Death, which they did.  And during the five years, Sunny and Taeyeon would always find a secret hiding place to have some private time for the two of them, no matter if they were in the middle of a forest or staying in an inn. The two of them would also go around peeping at the other couples as well, but they were never caught since the only person who could sense their presence, even when they were invisible, was Sooyoung, who on occasion joined them for their peeping sessions.

 

After the final battle with the feral demon and the deaths of Sunny and Taeyeon, the two of them went to Paradise, where Sunny proposed to Taeyeon. Taeyeon knew Sunny was cheesy, but she never expected Sunny to do what she did…

 

"An hour" before Sunny proposed to Taeyeon…

 

"Byuntaeng-ah! I'll go get some groceries for dinner, you stay here and decorate our new house, kay?" Sunny asked, as she prepared to go out of the house.

 

"Okay! Come back soon! I'll miss ya!" Taeyeon shouted in reply.

 

With that, Sunny left the house and went next door to ask Sooyoung's husband for help. "Oppa! Can I borrow your kitchen and a table? I want to surprise Taeyeon with a candlelit dinner at the beach." Sunny asked politely.

 

"Yeah, sure if you can make Sungmin stop crying." Sooyoung's husband replied, as he cradled Sungmin in his arms and trying in vain to stop Sungmin from crying. Sunny agreed and the minute Sungmin was in her arms, he stopped crying immediately. "I think he likes you more than me… Anyways, you may borrow anything you want. A friend of my wife is my friend to!" Sooyoung's husband told Sunny.

 

Sunny thanked Sooyoung's husband before putting Sungmin down in his baby cot and left the house to get groceries for the meal. Once done, she returned to the house to cook and set up the table with the food and the candles. Lastly, with the help of Sooyoung's husband, Sunny carried the table to the beach and went back to her house to get Taeyeon.

 

"Byuntaeng-ah! I'm back! It's such a nice day for a walk at the beach and the sunset looks sooo beautiful! Wanna go for a walk?" Sunny shouted to Taeyeon from the door.

 

"Sure!" Taeyeon answered happily and the two of them went to take a walk down the beach while watching the sunset. After walking and chatting for a while, the sun had set, the sky had darkened and they reached the table which Sunny had set up earlier on. Sunny motioned Taeyeon to take a seat and proceeded to light the candles.

 

"My Bunny did this for me?" Taeyeon asked, surprise written all over her face. Sunny nodded shyly, nervous about what she was going to do in a while. Taeyeon smiled and wondered why Sunny was tensed up. "Let's dig in then!" Taeyeon announced and the two of them started eating.

 

After they finished eating, Sunny sang a song for Taeyeon and at the end of the song, she took out a ring, went down on one knee and proposed: "Kim Taeyeon, the Swift Assassin, my beloved Byuntaeng. You are the resonance to my dissonance. You are the centre of my world. I cannot live or die without you. So, would you take me, Sunny, The Dissonant Blade, as your wife? Will you marry me?" Needless to say, Taeyeon agreed and they were about to hug when Sooyoung teleported over to find out what they were doing…

 

"So how are the two of you coping with the first fifteen minutes of your afterlife?" Sooyoung asked.

 

"Fifteen minutes? It seems like a few hours to me..." Taeyeon replied, puzzled.

 

"Ah… That's because in Paradise you can create illusions to do a lot of things in a short span of time and you can craft the illusion to be of whatever setting as well. Looks like Sunny crafted an illusion for a candlelit dinner… Wait a minute… Did she just propose??? I know she was asking me about Paradise just a few days ago, so that she could do up a perfect proposal in Paradise if the prophecy came true…" Sooyoung told Taeyeon.

 

"Yeah… She did…" Taeyeon replied, blushing.

 

Sunny smiled and told her lover: "I wanted to propose to you with a candlelit dinner… So I had to create an illusion that it'll be night time and I wanted it to take as fast as possible, so we can hold a wedding dinner on the same day at night… Sooo yeah…"

 

"You're the best!!!" Taeyeon whispered into Sunny's ear as she hugged Sunny and the illusion dissolved around them, revealing the sun still high up in the sky, but otherwise nothing else changed.

 

"I guess you two have to go prepare for your wedding dinner! I'll go back and tell the rest about it!" Sooyoung stated and teleported back to the others.

 

"Sooyoung unni… Always leaving before people get to reply…" Sunny and Taeyeon said at the same time. Together, they moved the table back to Sooyoung's house, just in time to see the rest of the girls gathering at the house to see Sooyoung's babies.

 

That night, the most beautiful quadruple wedding took place and for the next three hundred years, Sunny and Taeyeon lived together in bliss, doing whatever they wanted, whenever they wanted.

 

After Taeyeon became the Archangel of Death and got more busy, Sunny started a radio show with Sungmin, which was well received by everyone in Paradise. Taeyeon was jealous of course, but there was not much she could do about it for she knew that her feeling was irrational, so she tried to keep those feelings suppressed. Similarly, Sunny had to keep her jealously under control as Taeyeon seemed to be so happy while working side by side with Sooyoung, but at the end of the day, when they were snuggled up next to each other on their bed, any bad feelings towards each other were forgotten completely~

 

Back to the present…

 

"Sunny! Taeyeon! The hooded figures are back! Come quickly!!!" Sooyoung yelled urgently.

 

"Coming!!!" Sunny and Taeyeon yelled back as they raced back to the meeting room of the goddesses. Sunny reached there first, of course~ ;)