Closer (Chapter 2)

Trials of the Three

"Oh my god! Is that you, my Baby Taeng?" Sooyoung exclaimed as she stared at the  brightly smiling archangel standing in front of her, at the entrance of the training hall. Taeyeon, was wearing nothing but the iest bikini that Sooyoung had ever laid her eyes upon and in her mind, Taeyeon was already .

 

"Crap, I'm straight and already married! Why am I affected by another female in binkini? I'm sure I look better in that… I think… Arghh… Damn you Kim Taeyeon, you're making confused of my ual orientation!!! Go seduce your Sunny, not me! I can't stand this!!! I'm gonna get a severe nosebleed and a heart attack… CHOI SOOYOUNG! SNAP OUT OF IT!!!"Sooyoung's mind was in a mess as the cute, y archangel in bikini continued smiling at her and even motioned her to come closer.

 

Meanwhile, the rest of the group was trying hard to control their laughter as they saw Sooyoung drooling and getting a nosebleed due to the smartly crafted illusion by Seohyun that Sooyoung would have never expected from one as innocent as Seohyun. "Well, playing pranks runs in the blood, obviously…" Seohyun thought to herself, smirking evilly.

 

"I can't believe she such a ert! She must really like you a lot, eh?" Sunny whispered to Taeyeon.

 

"Aish, that goddess, she is already married and is supposedly straight, but still can drool and get a nosebleed because of me…" Taeyeon replied, shaking her head.

 

"That's how attractive you are! And promise me that you'll never wear a bikini for anyone else to see, but me!" Sunny whispered excitedly to Taeyeon and made a cute face in order to convince Taeyeon to agree to the promise.

 

"Nah… I'm not going to wear a bikini for anyone, not even you!" Taeyeon replied, sticking her tongue out playfully at Sunny.

 

Sunny pouted and whined: "Why not???"

 

"Because for you, I won't wear anything…" Taeyeon whispered seductively into Sunny's ear, before giving Sunny a peck on the cheek. Sunny blushed red and mumbled something incoherent about Taeyeon being the sweetest ert that she ever knew.

 

"Okay, time for Sooyoung unni's husband grand entrance!" Seohyun announced as she prepared to break the illusion once Sooyoung's husband was in place.

 

Back to Sooyoung's point of view…

 

"Sooyoung unni… Are you sure you're really hugging me?" Taeyeon whispered into Sooyoung's ear, in a irresistibly y voice.

 

"Oh crap…" Sooyoung muttered under her breath and at that exact moment, Seohyun broke the illusion, causing 'Taeyeon' to disappear in a puff of smoke. And while Sooyoung was distracted by the smoke, her husband happily lifted her up in his arms.

 

"Happy 340th Birthday, my darling Sooyoungie!" Sooyoung's husband whispered to Sooyoung before kissing her gently on the lips. At the same time, the others ran out from their hiding places and popped confetti all over the kissing couple and shouted happy birthday to Sooyoung along with their well wishes for the Goddess of Death.

 

"Aish, you bunch… Thought you all forgot about my birthday." Sooyoung said through gritted teeth, pretending to be angry. "And Seohyun, you're getting it from me later for putting me in that illusion!" Sooyoung glared at Seohyun.

 

Seohyun just smiled sweetly at Sooyoung and said: "We're both goddesses now, so I don't have to answer to you anymore and you can't punish me."

 

Sooyoung looked at Seohyun and complained in an exasperated tone: "What happened to the pure, innocent Seohyun I used to know…"

 

"Blame Yoona and Yuri. They are bad influences as sisters. Oh and Yonghwa too, he's a bad influence too!" Seohyun replied, giggling.

 

"Whatever… Thanks for the surprise anyways! I knew you all wouldn't forget about my birthday!" Sooyoung thanked the others before she turned to her husband and whispered into his ear: "Especially you, Jun honey~"

 

Jun, Sooyoung's husband, smiled and embraced his wife, but just as they were about to get slightly more intimate, Taeyeon announced: "OKAY! Training time! Those who wish to make love, get a room! Quickly! Time's flying!"

 

Sooyoung glared at Taeyeon for breaking the sweet moment between her husband and her, but once she saw Taeyeon's cute face, her anger vanished and she just shook her head, before leaving the training hall with her husband. No doubt back to their love nest for some fun…

 

"Okay! Training time! I trust those who are angels, demons or goddesses are powerful enough already, so only Sungmin, Jo Kwon and Onew need to be trained. I'll give you three minutes to get your weapons, recall your special abilities and formulate a plan to attempt to defeat me!" Taeyeon announced, as she bounced up and down excitedly, like a cute little baby.

 

The three boys immediately started to discuss amongst themselves how to defeat Taeyeon, who was rumoured to be more powerful than Seohyun and Tiffany combined, even though she was only an archangel. Taeyeon, on the other hand, decided to look back on the past three hundred and twenty‑one years of her life…

 

She thought back to her short-lived childhood, when she was around five to ten years old. She smiled as she remembered how much fun she had playing with her parents. They would always play catching and Taeyeon would always win as she could warp space to her advantage.

 

She chuckled silently when she recalled how much she hated it when her parents kept forcing her to train her fighting skills and reflexes. Now she knew that it was for her benefit, but at that time, she thought it was a waste of time for she always managed to overwhelm her parents one on two, not knowing her parents had always let her win.

 

Her smile disappeared when she remembered waking up on her tenth birthday to see her parents gone. A tear fell as she remembered how much she had cried that day, but she never forgot what her parents told her: "Always stay strong, for when there's a will, there's a way. And we don't know another person who is as strong as you~"

 

Taeyeon sighed as she recollected the next six years of her life, mostly spent training, missing her parents and travelling around in search of something meaningful to do. Her face scrunched up in disgust as she remembered the time she ate a particularly bitter fruit that had looked juicy and sweet. "Ah those were the days… The days where I lived on fruits I pick from the trees or bushes and water from the stream… The days where I practically made forests my home and training ground… Wonder if there's any forest I didn't stay in the region…."Taeyeon thought to herself.

 

The sides of her lips involuntarily lifted as she recalled the day she saw Sunny and fell in love at first sight. Now that she was looking back to that day, she realised how embarrassing she was, but she did not regret her actions. Her smile widened as she thought of the memories she had made in the next five years with Sunny and the Vanguard of Death.

 

Then, for the second time in the three minutes, Taeyeon's smile disappeared as she recalled the day she died along with Sunny. The next memory, however, made her grin like an idiot as she reminisced the moment where Sunny proposed to her. "Ah, that Sunny Bunny… I knew she was cheesy, but I never knew she was that cheesy…" Taeyeon thought  as she giggled silently.

 

The memory of her big day kept the smile on her face as the scene of her, Seohyun, Jessica and Yoona wearing wedding dresses and walking down the aisles to their respective spouses, replayed vividly in her mind.

 

The next three hundred years of her life were pretty uneventful, with the exception of Hyoyeon's marriage and the day where Sooyoung made her Archangel of Death, which both happened on the same day.

 

Following, she came back to reality as she noted that the three boys' three minutes were up…

 

"Time's up! You three ready to get your butts d?" Taeyeon challenged them, teasingly.

 

"Like hell, we'll let you!" The three boys shouted back in unison, as they got into their attack stances.