Can you tell me miss? Does this smell like chloroform?

The 30 Day love curse.

 “Hello?” I called out hoping like last time I wouldn’t get a reply. Just like last time it was silent. I sighed in relief and hurried down the aisles looking for the sticker I had left last time. “Asa…still here.” I said hopping up on the stool and continued to look through files.

“Oh mister park…a history of mental illness…hmm.” I muttered to myself as I looked through a random file. I had been searching for a specific one but I still had come up empty handed. “Let’s see you try to fail me again sir.” I said taking a bite out of the liquorish I had been eating. I closed the file and stuck it back in its place as I continued to look farther in the files. “Where did I put ilhoon’s.” I said tapping my chin. I decided to give up looking and jut read through ilhoons. “Aha…there you are.” I pulled it off the shelf hopping down.

“IS anyone back there!” I heard a voice call. I jumped startled and ran behind the shelf ducking down just as one of the monitors of the files room stepped onto my aisle. “Hello?” the man called again looking around. I tucked ilhoon’s file away in my bag and moved slowly around the shelf avoiding the man. When he moved farther back into the room I took my chance and ran for the doors making it out without him spotting me.  “Ahh! I didn’t mark my spot!” I whined stomping my foot.

“your spot in what?” I jumped startled and turned to see doojoon standing behind me.

“Doojoon-ssi? What are you doing here?” I asked shocked. I looked at the time and saw I had been in the files room for a good four hours now but that still couldn’t explain why he was here.

“Oh you didn’t know? I take a class here every now and then…I’ve graduated but I still like to continue my learning.” He said proudly.

“Chincha? Daebak.” I said impressed.

“What did you lose your place in.” he asked again.

“Oh uh…just a book I was reading.” I said nervously switching from foot to foot.

“Yea…sure.” He said smirking at me. I gave him a smile and checked my watch.

“Mian…I’ve got class.” I said turning to leave.

“Wait…I’ll walk you.” he said easily catching up to me with his long legs. I looked at him curiously. “I’m going this way anyhow.” He said shrugging. I nodded and just let him accompany me. we walked in silence the whole way to my class which shocked me, I figured he was offering to walk me because he had something to ask but he just kept quiet.

“This is my class.” I said stopping by the door.

“Ok…well see you around.” he said and walked off without another word. I watched after him completely shocked. so he had really just offered to walk me out of the kindness of his heart? Shrugging I moved into the classroom taking my seat at the back of class. I reached into my bag pulling out my stuff for class and something fell to the floor. I looked down to see ilhoon’s file laying on the floor. Gasping I scooped it up tucking it under my books and glanced around to make sure no one else saw it.

“Close one.” I mumbled to myself. the class started and I found my mind wandering back to the file on my desk. I finally gave in and pulled a piece of paper out of the file tucking it into my notebook so I could read. I found out ilhoon had a sister, that I had never known…she was really pretty to and looked just like him. I replaced that piece of paper and pulled out the next. It wasn’t much of a shocker, lot’s of bad boy misfit trouble in grade school, he got suspended a few times, and that’s where his file got interesting…and scary. When ilhoon was a minor he was charged with assault and battery on a student from his school. the boy was badly injured and fell into a coma, apparently he was still in the coma now. I gulped as I saw the family of the student…jr from nuest was the boy’s older brother.

“what are you reading?” I jumped screaming as I slammed my notebook closed.

“Omo…oh…nothing.” I mumbled scared as I shoved everything into my bag. “Ilhoon-ssi…what are you doing here?” I said nervously.

“I came to pick you up from class…” he said like it was obvious. “Where you expecting ji-hoon.” He said rolling his eyes. I laughed nervously.

“A-anni…” I said stuttering. Ilhoon looked at me furrowing his brow.

“Are you ok?” he said reaching out to touch my forehead. I shrunk back away from his touch. He dropped his hand look if I didn’t know any better a little hurt.

“Mian…I’ve got to go.” I said and hurried away from him. I could feel him staring after me. Pabo! Why did you have to snoop into his file huh! I ran back to the files room and hurried in not caring if someone was there. I yanked the file out tossing it onto the counter to the shock of the security guard

“Mian…that’s yours…mian.” I said bowing profusely as I ran back out of the files room. I was so stupid, I should never have gotten into someone else’s files…the one I was looking for was one thing…but ilhoon’s was another. I hurried from the school not even paying attention to the fact that it was pitch dark outside as I hurried from the campus to get home. I didn’t know how I was going to face ilhoon now, it wasn’t that I was afraid of him perse…I was a little taken aback yes but I already knew the type of person he was, I was more embarrassed at myself for going through his files and finding something out that I shouldn’t know.  

“Hello eungi.” I felt a hand enclose around my mouth as an arm wrapped around my stomach tightly. I tried to scream but the hand muffled my voice. “Shhh, don’t worry. I’m not going to hurt you…not yet.” The voice whispered in my ear as I felt my consciousness slipping from me. What was that scent? It was bitter and it burnt my nose. That was the last thought that passed my mind before I passed out.